Thread: Danish Dog Rose powder (Rosa Canina L.)

Danish Dog Rose powder (Rosa Canina L.)

I was looking to try out glucosamine in case my intermittant knee soreness was due to cartilage wear and tear. (I'm ≈45) But the lady at the shop convinced me to try out the rose-hips powder supplement described in the following article.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6763017.stm

Apprently the makers have a patented process that preserves the key ingredient, a "sugary fatty acid called GOPO", that is anti-inflammatory and shows some indications of promoting cartilage regeneration.

According the the lady at the shop, her customers swear by it, including middle aged people who want to be able to work out hard. But according to my doctor wife, it's only for old ladies with arthritis

Anyone have experience of this supplement? I'm about to give it a go for two months.

Isn't rose hips vitamin C?
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
    Isn't rose hips vitamin C?

I was thinking the same thing.

<delves into further research>

Yeah, that's exactly what I thought when the lady in the shop started talking about it. Hippy juice.

The vitamin C and anti-oxidants were another selling point. She was like, if your knee isn't better after two months at least you got all this other good stuff

Yea, and she will have a bunch of you money too.
    Jackie Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
    Yea, and she will have a bunch of you money too.
    Yeah. Same if I get acupuncture, or try another supplement, or go to Beijing and buy green tea. Everything costs.

I'm okay with spending the money to try it out. Besides, I like to have good relations with the shops in my little town.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    I've been using joint juice-chondroitin and glucosamine and antioxidents. So far, my knee pains have subsided.
    Then again, I am also practicing more yoga and daoyin, so I am not a good test subject.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

I just heard of one today called Cissus Quadrangularis. Some people say it's awesome, other people say it's a giant scam. Might be worth looking into.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    I've been using joint juice-chondroitin and glucosamine and antioxidents. So far, my knee pains have subsided.
    Then again, I am also practicing more yoga and daoyin, so I am not a good test subject.
    Hey if it works that's great even if you aren't a controlled trial subject. From what I saw on wiki it looks like chonroitin is a variant of glucosamine. That's probably what I was about to buy if the shop lady hadn't talked me into trying the hippy juice.
    Last edited by rett; 08-03-2011 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
    I just heard of one today called Cissus Quadrangularis. Some people say it's awesome, other people say it's a giant scam. Might be worth looking into.
    LOL I googled that thinking "I'm an idiot, he's pulling my leg". It sounded like a biggus d1ckus latin name mean sissy square... but there it was. Looks like a very potent medicinal plant from the wikipedia article. Very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by rett View Post
    LOL I googled that thinking "I'm an idiot, he's pulling my leg". It sounded like a biggus d1ckus latin name mean sissy square... but there it was. Looks like a very potent medicinal plant from the wikipedia article. Very cool.
    Apparently that one may be kinda scammy, though. But I guess it's something to research.