Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: any comments on this xingyi clip?

I know nothing of "true internal" anything but it seems to me Feng shifu's techniques had a lot of "wind-up" to it, if you know what I mean.

Like he has to charge up and then explode.
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Designs View Post
    I know nothing of "true internal" anything but it seems to me Feng shifu's techniques had a lot of "wind-up" to it, if you know what I mean.

Like he has to charge up and then explode.

i feel exhausted just by watching him.

Thanks for the comments. It gave me some different ideas for what to look at.

I'm wondering especially if the shaking looks like a real expression of power or if it is just decorative shaking. The kind internal guys sometimes are into but seems more like fluff than substance.

Blog Entries
    I don't like to comment on "thin air striking". To me, it doesn't mean anything. Striking in the thin air is just not my cup of tea. I really like to see how those body shaking can be applied on a heavy bag.

When you only train striking in the thin air, you miss a very important part of the training and that is when your fist hit on your opponent's body, your arm have to be strong enough to take the impact that you will never be able to develop through solo training only. It's just like to throw a imaginary opponent (with 0 weight) over your head is quite different from to throw a 260 lb opponent.

Those "thin air striking" clip also cannot prove whether the performer has arthritis on his finger joints or not.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 08-01-2011 at 01:22 AM.