Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: KIMBO SLICE gets schooled

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com

KIMBO SLICE gets schooled

Don't know if this has been up here yet, (y'know, cuz I'm a Kung-Fu guy, so I don't come here much;-)
    http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/81667136/

What are your thoughts?
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    Don't know if this has been up here yet, (y'know, cuz I'm a Kung-Fu guy, so I don't come here much;-)

What are your thoughts?
    Kimbo isn't a great mma fighter or anything, but he has sense enough not to telegraph his punches as do most boxers. Kimbo is just being polite.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    yeah i think he's just being polite.

Actually kimbos boxing isn't that bad, it's just everything else in his arsenal that sucks.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Ok which one of you can handle Kimbo Slice? On the real? cause if he's much better than you are, then its only fair to give the man his props. he's a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    yeah i think he's just being polite.

Actually kimbos boxing isn't that bad, it's just everything else in his arsenal that sucks.
    Sadly, that's what happens when you try to be a nice guy. Some jerk posted a video entitled, "Kimbo Gets Schooled." I hope that Kimbo stuffs that dude in a trash can.
    Last edited by HumbleWCGuy; 08-01-2011 at 07:41 PM.

I think give Kimbo his due he improved a great deal on TUF. If he could ground work and so fourth as good as he strikes he`d be a contender in the UFC.
    Go hard or go home or some where else up to you

http://therandomandthefit.blogspot.com.au/

thoughts?
    1) its easy to do this cr*p when you arent trying to hit with power and your opponent isnt hitting back
    2) Kimbo is a nice guy
    3) i know who my money would be on in a real fight

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post

What are your thoughts?
    I saw some kung fu principles in that video. For example, the emphasis on the elbow as "propulsion" and not the shoulder. The use of slow (yin) strikes as opposed to fast (yang), to get he same results, that is, hit the target.

That video will provide the "modernist" a small window into the wisdom of some of the TCMA methodologies and concepts.

Thank you for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    I saw some kung fu principles in that video. For example, the emphasis on the elbow as "propulsion" and not the shoulder. The use of slow (yin) strikes as opposed to fast (yang), to get he same results, that is, hit the target.

That video will provide the "modernist" a small window into the wisdom of some of the TCMA methodologies and concepts.

Thank you for posting.
    If I watched this without sound, I would agree with you. Since I paid attention to the audio, I thought it was a mixed bag of faulty logic and show boating. The, "instructor," demonstrated martial arts technique, but nothing he said was worthwhile.
    Last edited by HumbleWCGuy; 08-02-2011 at 04:57 AM.

personally id give it credit if he could show those principles in action against kimbo, should be easy to do right...............

Kimbo and Bob Sapp are the reasons that weight divisions exist, lol.

He does seem to be a generally nice guy, though. I don't know if he was while he was doing his street fighting or not. I wonder, was he maybe humbled a bit when he started training in MMA?

I like him. He was obviously being polite.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

I didn't see anyone getting "schooled". Kimbo sat there and listened to the other guy explain things. So what? This wasn't a sparring match or even a boxing match where the teacher was applying what he was taught.

I think those principles are good if you are fighting in a point fight contest where the action is started and stopped and contact is limited, but when it is fast and furious how well does it hold up.
    "God gave you a brain, and it annoys Him greatly when you choose not to use it."

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    I'm in total agreement with his alignment, elbow down, non-telegraphic movement, etc.
    I'm not too keen on his power generation, however. The way he's throwing it, I am not sure if it has enough body behind the blow. If he can do the same thing but engage his body more during the power chain, it would be quick, not telegraphic, and powerful.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

lol theory is just that, i love it when people who havent fought like to tell fighters what they are doing is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    lol theory is just that, i love it when people who havent fought like to tell fighters what they are doing is wrong
    Do do you think that boxing trainers who haven't fought are less proficient than ones who have?