Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: qi? what is it

Quote Originally Posted by EarthDragon View Post
    this is form another thread and i just have to ask you personally what you think the defination or what is qi, chi, ?

seems that we have a huge ignorance on this board of so called martial artists who think you can have a seperation of martial arts or anythign for that matter and qi, or a seperation of life and qi.

I cant believe that so many people are ignorant to such a basic understanding of energy. its the very fabric of exsistance and beleive it or not it is all connected....

so please post your understanding of qi, please dont say mystical super powers or we will put you in the firing line and shoot you
    Mike,

Having a paradigm of how the universe works that differs from the Chinese paradigm does not equate to ignorance.

I was taught and have since studied the Chinese concept of Qi, Yin-Yang, Tai Chi, etc. I understand the concepts. I understand how their concepts probably arose and why they developed the way they did.

However, that doesn't mean that I have to accept them as my own philosophy.
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!

Quote Originally Posted by mooyingmantis View Post
    David,
    So you are saying that:

Qi is to Chinese metaphysical life force, as Soul is to Christian Theological life force?

Not a challenge, just asking for clarification.
    No.

Soul is the ethereal individual self. A conscious energy form.
    Qi propels you through life, it is not conscious or exclusive to a single being.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Ok perhaps sqying igrnorant was the wrong word.

I just posted this thread because of the lack of understading of qi from the IP thread. There we have people trying to say your not using qi to break brick sand I guess I was wondering how many people understood qi or even excepted its eixsistance in ou and the universe that surrounds us.
    Seems that on a martial arts board more people would be hip to it, but supirse supirse
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

qi is not mystical.

you have it, if not, you are dead.

the other is blood or xue.

qi and xue are both necessary for sustaining your life.

gong on the other hand is more unattainable.

there are so many myths about all the gong methods or gong fa.

if your light skill is so good, you may walk on the wall and fly on roof top, fei yan zhou bi.

if your body conditioning is so good, it is like a golden bell cover. jin zhong zhao.

if your head is so hard, it is like iron or diamond, see all the bumps on buddha's head

--

there are more myths about gong than qi.

so what is gong?

gong, what is it?

--

gong is simply skill, something gained when reapeating a certain thing, i.e painting, pottery, kung fu, cooking etc etc thats my two cents
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    if your head is so hard, it is like iron or diamond, see all the bumps on buddha's head
    And here, all this time, I thought those were his corn rows!