Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Global Warming Doomsters' Theories Wrong, Says NASA Study

Holy sh1t.

If you don't know what the f*&k you're talking about, because you know, you're not meteorologists, then STFU.
    Opinions are like a55holes in that respect.
    Everyone has one.

here's the data that you can find and read. Virtually all meteoroligists and climate scientists state that climate change is happening. Global warming is part of climate change.

Politicians and news anchors that you like because they strike and emotional chord with you know NOTHING about the topic.

Don't make us all stupider for reading some dumb ass opinion based on emotional drivel.
    Crikey.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Look, the fact is that we do NOT have conclusive INDISPUTABLE evidence that we are the MAIN factor in climate change and for every evidence there is, there is a counter-interpretation of the data.
    Right or wrong is irrelevant, it just have to convince enough of those that WANT it to be true, from BOTH sides.

No one is in favor of pollution but too many feel it is a "tolerable evil" to get what they need and that is the mentality that must be dealt with.

Scaring people into change may work in the short term, but it rarely can sustain change.
    Well said.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

We don't have indisputable evidence about a lot of things we all believe to be true. And sure, any asshat can make a counter argument to any other asshats point, but the asshat with the most evidence to support their point wins the day. Unfortunately for those concerned with the win, there is always another day with new information. And unfortunately for science, winning isn't the goal, and that right there is a HUGE disconnect with pretty much everything else. Even worse, some people pervert the scientific method because they are trying to win. Some people find it hard to reconcile with the fact that it is a process that goes forever. There will be no closure, people need to get over that. Every answer begs more questions.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Global warming is part of climate change.
    And brushing my teeth is part of my dental hygiene!

Quote Originally Posted by MarathonTmatt View Post
    And brushing my teeth is part of my dental hygiene!
    It sure is, though flossing is far more important and ultimately, your dental hygiene and health is directly related to your whole body health.
    Systems thinking is pretty important here.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Look, the fact is that we do NOT have conclusive INDISPUTABLE evidence that we are the MAIN factor in climate change and for every evidence there is, there is a counter-interpretation of the data.
    Right or wrong is irrelevant, it just have to convince enough of those that WANT it to be true, from BOTH sides.

No one is in favor of pollution but too many feel it is a "tolerable evil" to get what they need and that is the mentality that must be dealt with.
    If a group of well respected scientists came together stating that there's a lot of data stating that a product that's pretty much in everything gives kids cancer, and another group of well respected scientists came out stating that the data isn't indisputable evidence that said product causes cancer... would you change your behavior in regards to what products you give your children?

How interested would you be in finding an alternative to the base product that was possibly causing the cancer?

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    It sure is, though flossing is far more important and ultimately, your dental hygiene and health is directly related to your whole body health.
    Systems thinking is pretty important here.
    Dental conspiracy...
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    If a group of well respected scientists came together stating that there's a lot of data stating that a product that's pretty much in everything gives kids cancer, and another group of well respected scientists came out stating that the data isn't indisputable evidence that said product causes cancer... would you change your behavior in regards to what products you give your children?

How interested would you be in finding an alternative to the base product that was possibly causing the cancer?

A valid point.
    Here is the thing, for scientists to say that product A causes ( not gives) Cancer ( and they usually say MAY), what did they do to find that out?
    Now, compare with what was/is done with climate change.

Now, don't get me wrong, I personally believe the data that shows climate change and agree that humans have SOME role in it ( how can we not?).
    None of that changes that viewed from both sides with as much of an unbiased view as I can, the "deniers" have a point.

A valid point.
    Here is the thing, for scientists to say that product A causes ( not gives) Cancer ( and they usually say MAY), what did they do to find that out?
    Now, compare with what was/is done with climate change.

Now, don't get me wrong, I personally believe the data that shows climate change and agree that humans have SOME role in it ( how can we not?).
    None of that changes that viewed from both sides with as much of an unbiased view as I can, the "deniers" have a point.
    Now I'm coming at you as a big hypocrite because I use a lot of plastic and commute about an hour to work everyday even though I do believe we have a role in climate change.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    Which scientists work for the company the makes the product in question?

Thats one part of the problem.

The other is that people are biased for non related political reasons. Maybe the guy who owns the company gives millions to the Tea Party.

In conclusion: Obama gives kids cancer.

http://news.yahoo.com/disappearance-...231025081.html

Blows my mind that this kind of stuff isn't part of the popular climate change dialogue.
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/disappearance-...231025081.html

Blows my mind that this kind of stuff isn't part of the popular climate change dialogue.
    Maybe because it could insinuate that climate change is simply the normal cycle of this planet.
    There is no doubt that the "global warming scare" made many people change their bad habits and, perhaps, that would not have been the case of it was simply passed off as "business as usual for this planet", know what I mean?

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ-Blue View Post
    I agree, you can't argue with data (unless you're a liberal).

But the argument is over whether its caused by man or just a natural cycle. I'll go to my grave saying it's a natural cycle. After all, some of the same global warming fearmongers now were screaming about the coming man made ice age in the 70s-early 80s. When someone makes predictions that are dead wrong I choose to not take any of their future predictions seriously.
    Based on the report I see nothing to note "global warming fearmongering" since there is no data to suggest that depsite evidence to the contrary of changes in climate conditions that would wreak havoc on the populations.
    The simplest strategy is to suggest planning, budgeting and emergency management procedures. For those people who believe that the earth is only 6000 years old, and that is the 45/55 divide, that is alot of people who worship ignorance as their G*d. Whether it is called cooling or warming, there is a high level of cognitive dissonance in those tea party people (and their main affiliates) and their freinds. What must happen before they believe in truth?

The facts are obvious.
    a. No planning or emergency management leads to mass casualties.
    b. Then disease, high mortality, etc from lack of above
    c. No water, facilities, etc.
    d. I wonder what they call California's water woes at the moment. I am looking at persistance over time as opposed to this one event? Will it change.
    e. What do they call Polar Warming, which appears to create this extreme Vortex as is happenning.
    f. At least the Carlyle Group, the Water Capitalist will sell water cheaply to their brethren. BTW Carlyle Group gave us Snowden and NSA is such a fine specimen of a private organization, the mantra of the tea party Americans,
    g. ALEC and Heritage Strategy. Just add the word American to any group name and you have it made.

Many, or most, of us intelligent ones, who live in California are not worrying about the drought. We have droughts all the time. We always recover in miraculous ways within one to two years. It has been raining for the past week now and more rain is in the forecast as it is.

They have had these drought scares my whole life and we are fine.

Life happens to everyone, when things get tough, you change behavior to accommodate the new circumstances. Humans do not change until they have to, when they have to, they do, and innovations happen.

Nothing is as big a deal as worriers make them!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Many, or most, of us intelligent ones, who live in California are not worrying about the drought. We have droughts all the time. We always recover in miraculous ways within one to two years. It has been raining for the past week now and more rain is in the forecast as it is.

They have had these drought scares my whole life and we are fine.

Life happens to everyone, when things get tough, you change behavior to accommodate the new circumstances. Humans do not change until they have to, when they have to, they do, and innovations happen.

Nothing is as big a deal as worriers make them!
    Well said....
    Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    point sparring is a great way to train