Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Structure "Base" of WC

truth is truth naming it is meaningless. its all the same anyway.
    http://www.facebook.com/sifumcilwrath
    http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath

There is no REAL secrets in Wing Chun, but because the forms are conceptual you have to know how to decipher the information..That's the secret..

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Do you know why do I dont like to use the Triangle, hammer and nail, and Nim Lik stuffs?

Same with what you post above, those are Yi Chuan's concept.

In my opinion, these concept was introduced to Ip Man lineages in the 1950 by either Ip Man himself or his student or his exchange with YKS, we know TST's Nim lik term is a shadow of YiChuan. Those are not WCK originate, it is ok to evolve the art. but we need to be clear where it is.

When WCK talks about Triangle, hammer and nail analogy in striking, and Nim lik, those old timer or expert in TCMA knows it is importing some one else stuffs.

The funny thing is when I brought up the Emei snake evidence, some totally against me. however, what they dont know is those triangle, hammer and nail, Nim lik stuffs they think is WCK are modern creation and it is YiChuan stuffs, not WCK but a modern evolution of some WCK lineages.

Using such type of things try to cultivate the 3 sets are just like trying to using a BWM key to turn on a Mercedes Benz. one got stuck.
    anyone know if there's any truth to this?

Interesting enough, there is truth embedded in the past history of WingChun. Maybe best to let sleeping dogs lie, though. There has always been contention amongst the WingChun clans.
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 10-13-2020 at 08:23 PM.

]It is up to the lineage/Clans to document and pass down accurate or misleading information about family origins to their students if they want. That's pretty much what the CTMA preservation projects are all about in general. There will always be fact-checking, regardless.
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 10-10-2020 at 02:37 PM.

I've never really read anything pre 1950.. if indeed there is anything to read. so I'm not really sure... I do know that IM said that TST knew more about the internal aspects of wing Chun than him. so it may be true to some respect?

Thing about WingChun guan is that practicing this art , even slightly, if that is what you are doing, is directly related to the roots of it's mother-style, which is YongChun guan. Here is an article written by a practitioner of one of the historic lineages wherein the author speaks of details (secrets) of the system and Sui Lim Tao in particular. You may say, "Oh, that is nothing I learned at my WC school. I never heard my instructor mention any of this. (?).
    I am not in any way associated with the Family Lineage presented in the link below but I do understand exactly what is being spoken of in the article pertaining to many of the techniques being described based on closed door SLT instruction from my teacher (female married to Kungfu instructor). The best thing about her instructions was that she readily answered any questions about the use of the techniques of the SLT weapons cabinet that I raised. Beyond that, my keen interest in YongChun form techniques makes it easy for me to understand some of the closed door material mentioned in this document.
    https://wingchunlexicon.com/category/bio/
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 10-12-2020 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmStriker View Post
    thanks

do you think there was "snake" techniques added to this? I've read that YKSwc practioners refer to there style as snake crane WC.. as does... well the SCwc practitioners.

Mainland China WingChun is all known as snake/crane Southern fist style close-quarters boxing, developed by Opera troupe members on the Red Junks, early 1850's. At least one of those practitioners was acknowledged by more than one clan lineage to be a monk in hiding who taught the art to other martial artists performing in the operas. There were a number of the Red Boats traveling up and down the rivers stopping at towns along the way.
    Master IP Man taught a modified version of Wing Chun in Hong Kong that had no references to the history of the style other than relating to to the mythical legend of a "warrior nun" from the Shaolin Temple and the use of WingChun boxing to overthrow the Qing (Manchu ) government, which most of the mainland lineages consider a cover to hide out amongst the public during revolutionary times. Yong Chun style was developed much earlier and is known to have been developed by a young woman from a martial arts family. This may have been carried over to Wing Chun through the aforementioned myth that was used in a fictional wuxia novel written at the time some years later for entertainment reading. * The practice of WingChun is not a style that openly emulates any animal behavior as do some kung fu styles. Crane and snake styles do. Noticeably. As do tiger, mantis and dragon styles.
    One form of Southern Snake style : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndjok3qGQIE
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 10-13-2020 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmStriker View Post
    Mainland China WingChun is all known as snake/crane Southern fist style close-quarters boxing, developed by Opera troupe members on the Red Junks, early 1850's. At least one of those practitioners was acknowledged by more than one clan lineage to be a monk in hiding who taught the art to other martial artists performing in the operas. There were a number of the Red Boats traveling up and down the rivers stopping at towns along the way.
    Master IP Man taught a modified version of Wing Chun in Hong Kong that had no references to the history of the style other than relating to to the mythical legend of a "warrior nun" from the Shaolin Temple and the use of WingChun boxing to overthrow the Qing (Manchu ) government, which most of the mainland lineages consider a cover to hide out amongst the public during revolutionary times. Yong Chun style was developed much earlier and is known to have been developed by a young woman from a martial arts family. This may have been carried over to Wing Chun through the aforementioned myth that was used in a fictional wuxia novel written at the time some years later for entertainment reading. * The practice of WingChun is not a style that openly emulates any animal behavior as do some kung fu styles. Crane and snake styles do. Noticeably. As do tiger, mantis and dragon styles.
    One form of Southern Snake style : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndjok3qGQIE
    funnily I read an old magazine article about hasayfu recently, noticed that they have yckjm in their style, as well as a wing Chun in their lineage.

Yes. And they're not the only Hung Gar clan that had access to WingChun Guan.... and vice versa.