Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NORTH or SOUTH KUNGFU

NORTH or SOUTH KUNGFU

which is a better or tougher kungfu,NORTH or SOUTH KUNGFU

kelvein chan

north or south kungfu

northern kungfu is more superior then the south a lot of other styles still exists in some other form such as taekwondo,modern kickboxing etc apart from it still existing in their original form and style . China^s histories has shown that all conquering armies,generals,kings comes from the north and are all practitioners of northern devastating kungfu.Take one good example is that the original shaolin exist in the north and that the south is just an adopted short-cut style or version of northern kungfu

bestallstyle

fiercest tiger Guest

yeah, sure...

how the hell did you come up with that stupid answer?

no style is better than the other, you goose. :rolleyes:

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

North & South

Bestallstyle,

You're absolutely right. Northern KF is far superior to the Southern variety. You're right again what you said about the Northern armies. In fact, Southern KF is taught to the poor simple peasents to defend their life-stock against dogs.

Stuff from Fuikkien and Wing Chun are very stiff and one-dimensional in its application. As for Hung Gar, its overly aggressive - fool hardy.

Be proud that Fiercetiger called you a goose. Better a Northern Goose than a Southern White Crane.

In summery Southern KF consist of simple moves for simple people. Their lion dance is good thought. Even they have their redeeming qualities.

That's just the personal view of the narrator (NOT the author) and it is NOT an inference to ANY school or ANY practitioner of ANY stlye.

Ego Energize!
    Maximus Maximize!

Water Dragon Guest
    Northern also produces practitioners of a higher intellect. That's why it's so much "more better". In fact, it may be the most bestest art around. :eek:

Although there are many styles, they all depend on the strong beating the weak and the slow falling to the quick. These are not related to the power that must be learned -- Taiji Classics

Boris Guest

Northern or Southern

I really don't know. I haven't seen enough northern Kung Fu to make my judgement. I'll be a fencesitter and say that they're equally good. With Chinese History being as diverse as it is, I don't think one school of thought can be better than another.Ego Maximus, you give northern stylist a bad reputation. Ego, what style do you practice? Northern Five Star Praying Mantis by any chance? We know who you are. I ain't got no beef with you Water Dragon, but puhleeze, you don't believe that do you? If you people start thinking like that, I see dark times for Kung Fu.

If you hold anything back, I'll kill you. If you bend the truth, or if I think you're bending the truth, I'll kill you. If you forget anything, I'll kill you. In fact, you're going to have to work very hard to stay alive, Nick. I hope you understand everything

north or south kungfu

northern style is the best even up to this time and age.The only famous southern style left in todays time is wing chun which is a ladys style and proper traditional wing chun with its stance alone is very inflexible when in combat with any northern style,even Bruce Lee modified this style and incorporated the northern stance and kicking and punching moves ,so much for for you southerners who steal the northern style and moves .The northern style is the best,even its practitioners are bigger in physique,and strength from training compared to the southern dwarfs .Put any northerner with a southen style the southern practitioner will back off with all those wisdom talk and quotes from confucious and even call the northern opponent who is ready to fight a barbarian because he is scared and then probably preach that he was in control and blablabla........

bestallstyle

north or south kungfu

fierest tiger: you toothless tiger ,sluring names where no one can touch you .typical of a southern pratitioner,i can assure you all out there that fierest tiger practises southern kung fu .People like him freezes when threathened by northern practitioners and dont give me all them confucious talk .All i have to do is give you one northern kick and off you go to the hospital with a broken arm trying to block the kick,YA you want to reply that you wont use your hands to block my kick as you have other moves sure, sure ,probably use confucious talk to avoid any challengers ,the only thing i will try to avoid is your bad breath.Empty southern threat

bestallstyle

WuMan Guest
    I thought it all depended on the practictioner and not the style that he/she chooses to study. I read on another post that armies were mainly about strategy and stuff though fightin skills are essential too? **** man, I hate trying to apply knowledge I am not sure about.

North & South

I have practiced Choy Lee Fut for 15 years before starting out in Hsing'I when I moved to N.Y. My experience is that Hsing'I deals with total body movement whereas Southern styles teach you how to move the appandages such as the arms and legs.

But I have stopped practicing after a car accident 5 years ago that left my legs paralyzed with no chance of ever walking again. I contemplated suicide on a number of occasions but my therapist convinced me to do research into the history of kung fu which improved my self-esteem.

It is difficult to be a grossly overweight slob and spend my time in a wheel chair but I understand that this is a fact I can't change and I've learnt to live with that. I can say that I understand the theoritical aspects of Kung Fu better than ever before and wished I hadn't wasted my time doing Choy Lee Fut. Well here's my personal account anyway.

Ego Energize!
    Maximus Maximize!

joedoe Guest

BooHoo

Well, I was once a famous movie star until I fell off a horse and am now paralysed from the neck down. If I'd been studying a Northern kung fu style then I might have been saved because we all know it is so much better.

But alas I only studied Southern kung fu and so fell on my ass and ended up in this wheelchair. Now I can only wait for the wonders of modern science to put me back on my feet so I can learn a REAL kung fu style like a Northern one.

Boo Hoo.

BTW, this is Ego Maximus isn't it? The one who seems to have a thing for Transformers just like Goktimus Prime?

And bestallstyle - Northern Chinese are generally bigger anyway. Has nothing to do with the kung fu, and probably more to do with the diet.

[This message was edited by ABandit on 02-18-01 at 03:16 AM.]

Bastet Guest
    lol waterdragon!!!

blessed be,
    a.

fiercest tiger Guest

one northern kick and your leg is broken

bestallstyle you are a d!ckhead, do you think that southern fighters block kicks? you are definatly wrong, we attack kicks, NO SUCH THING AS BLOCK....FOOL!!

Dont they teach you that at wushu training. it shows that you are not being taught properly... maybe you should seek out a southern teacher?

northern guys never won a single fight in any tourney i fought in or attended, they all got knocked out.

you don't need feathers to be a goose. why are you so defensive? not insecure about your art are you?

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

Shaolin Temple Guest

you schmuck...

ego you are an ignorant schmuck...Choy Lee Fut is northern you sad case.

It was a style designed for the military as its fighting style was ruthless.

-------------------------------------------------

Which Shaolin is authentic. North or South.
    As Sifu would say...there is no permanence and there should not be any discrimination.
    The point is therefore, who cares.
    The more Shaolin there are, the better. Amitabha.

north or south kungfu

toothless tiger: i know you south kungfu dont block kicks when you have in mind to attack that kick,i mean in mind,but in reality your style chickens out by mouth or run away,refer to some comments made in this forum by your south colleques who keep mentioning running away from an attack as the best solution.CHICKENS...Also did you know wu shu is the main style praticed by your southern shaolin now and reading from your local magazines i have never seen any of the southern practioners ever winning full contact tournaments also non ever enters one anyway.TOTHLESS TIGER get your facts right first.Which tournaments did you enter and see all your southerners win i have never seen one yet let alone seeing one enter any tournaments,you know what you may be good in TEKKEN be not and never will be in real life .Come if you can and practise with us then will you get out of your shell.

bestallstyle