Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: NORTH or SOUTH KUNGFU

Shaolin Master Guest
    This topic has occurred again and again. It is conclusive that it is not whether North or South, nor Internal or External. It is all a matter of the practitioner.

Tournaments are just that. Both North and South have their excellent fighters in the past.
    Also a southern style will churn out better fighters in the short term, where as Northern "usually" takes longer. Internal styles take even longer still. But in the end at the points of some attainment it is all in the hands of those that practised.
    An old expression
    Internal 20yrs
    Shaolin 10yrs
    Sth Shaolin 3yrs

Though the Internal practitioner takes longest he is if trained properly the most formidable sometimes:)

Peace
    Shi Chan Long

Shaolin Temple Guest

bestallstyle...do not be offensive!!!

you are beginning to forget what this forum is about...it is not about criticizing other styles but discuss the difference...

you are beginning to make it sound like an all out brawl...chill out.

since you are in UK go check out Shaolin WuZuQuan.

It should be in your neighbourhood and conducted by Mr. Han Kim Sen...a disciple of Grandmaster Datuk Chee Kim Thong.

here's their website link...

http://www.ucd.ie/~shaolin/index.html

be civilized in your behaviour bestallstyle...as martial artists, we are supposed to not forget that we learn this art to help others and ourselves in times of need...not be a thug!!!

-------------------------------------------------

Which Shaolin is authentic. North or South.
    As Sifu would say...there is no permanence and there should not be any discrimination.
    The point is therefore, who cares.
    The more Shaolin there are, the better. Amitabha.

Demon Guest

north or south

saying that northern is better than southern shaolin is bullsh!t, you cant say one is better than the other there are lots of factors that contribute to this particular topic, for example the practitioner, what style, experience all of these contribute to who's better, when i say "who's" better instead of "which technique" is better is because i don't think anyone here is quilified to say which is better. kungfu is a heratige from our ancesters we should embrace it, not argue over which one is better

"Kill em all"

[This message was edited by Demon on 02-18-01 at 04:54 PM.]

BigDude Guest

Gotta Love Kevin Chan (and his many personalities)

Man, this guy cracks me up. He's a much more interesting troll than Rolls. What I love is the way he posts a question that's kinda legitimate, (even if this one is bound to bring about controversy) then creates another user identity and replies to his own thread with a response that's bound to make people mad.

Mercilessfighter and Bestallstyle are both Mr.Chan. He has this tendency to give his creations the same birth date (12/25/75). So far, under various topics, he has been:

Goktimus Prime
    Mercilessfighter
    Bestallstyle
    Calmguru

Fiercest Tiger: Don't let this guy get under your skin.

Mr. Chan: Remember, we're laughing at you, not with you.

Whether the stone hits the pitcher, or the pitcher hits the stone, it's that pitcher that gets hurt

Demon Guest

interesting

mr. chan if this is not true then you should speek up and let us know.
    however if it is true than all i have to say is your one sad person.
    that is all!

"kill em all"

Rolling Elbow Guest

Bestallstyle HAHAHA

What a complete and utter joke you are. Northern Styles are powerful and well thought out as are their southern counterparts. Let's forget the usual "style is only as good as the practitioner"..some styles will just produce better fighters because what they teach is more APPLICABLE. With less kicking and acrobatics, i would lean towards southern styles because they seem smarter in that the techniques likely rely less on mastery of kicks, sweeps etc...not to say they don't have em, but all the high kicking spinning bull **** is likely not going to be as prevalent.

Now, as for kicking FT's arms, i suppose it is possible. I know Kyokushinkai karate fighters have benn reputed to have broken Wing Chun master's arms in full contact matches. BUT, don't think a Wing Chun master would not be able to penetrate the legs of a karate man...it is ridiculous to argue such points. Only when arts are so lob sided like TKD vs. Mantis should we imply one is better.

As for the author of the thread...i think he is likely an under sexed teenager who reads up too much on Bruce Lee and doesn't have a clue surrounding how much conditioning is involved in being a real fighter. Bak Mei and other styles are fast and furious, i hope he has his footwork down. Furthermore, i toow ould say that practitioners in my own art would not block, but attack and destroy a pansy trying to kick them with no power. I doubt you have that power in your legs unless u have spent years developing it. FT i am almost positive doesn't f**k around. Good thing were on the net and your an internet warrior :D

Michael Panzerotti
    Taijutsu Nobody from the Great White North..

Muhammad Guest

mercilessfighter = bestallstyle = EGO Maximus = Goktimus Prime

this is a troll post so don't even bother to answer it, the guys above are all the same person,
    His realname is Kelvin Chan and he lives in Australia and here is his lame website.

http://www.geocities.com/goktimus/english_index.html
    he just creates threads to stir people up and use multiple characters to back himself up(since no one will agree with him). And don't worry about him tryin to hurt anyone, he is more likely to hurt himself then anyone else .
    --GO TO THE TOPIC "DUTY OF CARE" TO SEE HOW LAME HE IS--
    in the topic u will find kelvin chan again takin on multiple personalities and whingin about how he got hurt in kungfu class and wanting to sue the class over a few bruises, Ohh and he quotes himself saying "Oww, this is painful, stop it!" when he was knockin arms with some one.

mercilessfighter = bestallstyle = EGO Maximus = Goktimus Prime = Kelvin Chan = sad = f*g = butt violator = baby molestor = grandma raper = monkey slapper = Sh*t eater = fist ****er = cum drinker etc etc etc

There is only one god and Muhammad is his prophet

[This message was edited by MUHAMMAD on 02-18-01 at 06:52 PM.]

joedoe Guest
    What, are you saying that Ego Maximus isn't really a fat slob that is wheelchair-bound? Oh my God! I can't believe this.

I really should have done Northern Shaolin - it might have taught me how to deal with a situation like this as well. Maybe it could cure cancer too?

Rolling Elbow Guest

One more thing

Ego Maximus:

Hunggar is too aggressive to the point that it is fool hardy?

WhiteCrane is simple?

what a ****ing joke lol, what are you gonna do, block kick alla TKD . There is no such thing as over-agressive. Agressive wins a fight, prancing is for peacocks u fa**ot.

This thread was obviously a lame attempt at sparking an argument, i should stop posting haha.

Michael Panzerotti
    Taijutsu Nobody from the Great White North..

Sun_Tzu Guest

The origin of Southern Shaolin

Southern style Shaolin kungfu was developed from
    monks from the North however it was watered down due to who it was they were teaching, farmers and fisherman. The whole purpose of creating the Southern Temple was to help these simple people to defend themselves, becuase they were generally the first to come under attack. These people did not have the time to train all day as the monks did, so the Monks created simpler versions that were less involved. Over time the Southern systems
    adopted styles from the outside, adding to their collective.

Which is better is subjective, depends on your personal taste. however I don't find Wing Chung to be the pinacle of MA, and I don't understand how come people emphasize it so much when referring to Southern Shaolin, when it is more closely related to a ******* system(meaning that it was not developed in the monastary)
    I'm not saying wing chung stylist suck either.

....The skilled commander

Water Dragon Guest
    Based on Sun Tzu's post, I'd say Southern might be better. Who truthfully has 6 hrs a day to train? If a system exists that allows you to gain true skill in less time, you are more apt to gain skill in it. If Northern is technically superior, but you can't master it, what good is it?

Although there are many styles, they all depend on the strong beating the weak and the slow falling to the quick. These are not related to the power that must be learned -- Taiji Classics

joedoe Guest

Total body movement

If Hsing'I teaches you total body movement, then will it cure me of my quadraplegia?

OrlandoWingChun Guest

Hmm

Why would you argue like this?

Who is teaching you to behave in this manner?

It seems like kids fighting over stupid things.

But, I am also curious to your opinions on the northern and southern type of fighting...

Pros/Cons

joedoe Guest
    I am only having a good laugh at all this. It is a stupid question designed to inflame an argument.

My view on North & South is this : they are both good.

The saying "Northern kicks, Southern punches" is a pretty good description of the differences. Otherwise they are both as good as each other, and in fact can complement each other nicely.

fiercest tiger Guest

bestallstyle well well your in sydney!!!

if you like i can visit you and make this possible, you can prove yourself.... me and you.

you stupid kid thinking you can just get on and start ****! WRONG

why get on and start trouble. do you think people dont know... i just seen your web site, well what style do you you want to fight me with. i have one style, not 5-6 systems.

you should shut your trap little boy.

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com