Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Taoist Update

Thumbs up Black Taoist Update

Indeed, excellent work.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Timing and difference pretty good. I would work on some drills to keep the head up. A good one we use is to take an athletic posture, head held up straight.... let a partner one hand grab around the head and pull from side to side in circles, pull back, push forward

Other maintains straight back/head while moving with shuffle, feet remaining apart. Not crossing.

You feel that one the next day after your first time.

yep. not bad.

not sure why on concrete.

a safer surface would have opened it up a little more with the usage of techs, inside engagement etc.

still, better than a lot of examples in a similar light.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    nice to see TCMAists utilizing slipping, bobbing and weaving.
    (it's also in our dragon section in Hung Kuen:-)
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    yep. not bad.

not sure why on concrete.

a safer surface would have opened it up a little more with the usage of techs, inside engagement etc.

still, better than a lot of examples in a similar light.
    I have done that before. It was just to get a sense for a fight that actually happened in a real setting. We wore football helmets though to protect from a bad fall.

Blog Entries
    why not on concrete? people don't fight on concrete? i know usually its for the ring, but people fight and go to the ground in the streets all the time. why not train on the surface you may have to get down on?
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 08-05-2011 at 10:07 AM.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

why not then just throw down broken glass and sticks to make it....yah know....more realz?

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Brule View Post
    why not then just throw down broken glass and sticks to make it....yah know....more realz?
    no need. It's NYC, man.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Blog Entries
    So if you were attacked you would tell the guy or guys "sorry, we can't do this here, there's too much rocks, broken glass and sticks on the floor, oh those, they're just syringe's, don't bother with those". LOL

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    why not on concrete? people don't fight on concrete? i know usually its for the ring, but people fight and go to the ground in the streets all the time. why not train on the surface you may have to get down on?
    I understand what your saying. But, when on concrete, one is far more cautious and may not execute attacks or defenses that would actually best suit the situation because they are with a training partner and friend and on a surface that can cause a serious injury even in training.

Training is never replicating reality. It can get close, but it never gets there.

Even with intention, that is never the same in a for real situation as it is in a training situation. Hence the reasons why some guys train like beasts and when they get into a mix up, they're done and surprisingly quickly too. It's happened before plenty of times and I think any of us who has been into it as long as you for instance Frank, would have seen plenty of examples of just that by now.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Blog Entries
    I understand what your saying. But, when on concrete, one is far more cautious and may not execute attacks or defenses that would actually best suit the situation because they are with a training partner and friend and on a surface that can cause a serious injury even in training.
    If you're padded up like these guys then the vital parts of your body are protected IMHO. I find while training being cautious to be a good thing cause without a training partner what will you be training? nothing at all wrong with being cautious. if you were training with real live blades would you not be cautious in class?

Even with intention, that is never the same in a for real situation as it is in a training situation. Hence the reasons why some guys train like beasts and when they get into a mix up, they're done and surprisingly quickly too. It's happened before plenty of times and I think any of us who has been into it as long as you for instance Frank, would have seen plenty of examples of just that by now.
    Imo, it depends who you're training with. someone people like to go hard, padded floors or cement. see, the thing about training on cement is that you must respect it because one simple mistake while falling can end your life in a confrontation. so you won't take any chances. bleed that over to padded floors, you'd have a different perspective about falling.

either way, as long as they are realistically training, its all for good of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    If you're padded up like these guys then the vital parts of your body are protected IMHO. I find while training being cautious to be a good thing cause without a training partner what will you be training? nothing at all wrong with being cautious. if you were training with real live blades would you not be cautious in class?

Imo, it depends who you're training with. someone people like to go hard, padded floors or cement. see, the thing about training on cement is that you must respect it because one simple mistake while falling can end your life in a confrontation. so you won't take any chances. bleed that over to padded floors, you'd have a different perspective about falling.

either way, as long as they are realistically training, its all for good of the situation.
    and this is why they are not going balls out. so can injuring yourself quite serisouly training on cement.

Blog Entries
    and this is why they are not going balls out. so can injuring yourself quite serisouly training on cement.
    you can injure yourself on a mat....on the grass..... just sayin

the percentages are reduced on those compared to cement wouldn't you say?