Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Teacher laughs at kid that gets choked out

Teacher laughs at kid that gets choked out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ_pthv9LCY

the kid (19) went in, told the guy teaching he had years of BJJ training, but couldnt remember the name of his teacher. Instructor told him he thought he was making it up, the kid then said he was a grappler and would grapple anyone there......during the kid's class. 13 year old steps up, they grapple.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ_pthv9LCY

the kid (19) went in, told the guy teaching he had years of BJJ training, but couldnt remember the name of his teacher. Instructor told him he thought he was making it up, the kid then said he was a grappler and would grapple anyone there......during the kid's class. 13 year old steps up, they grapple.
    Talk about irresponsible teachers! holy crap!

kids talk crap, everybody knows that.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

If the "kid" really was 19 then he's not a kid. He's an adult.

IF the "kid" really did come into the gym make certain claims and challenges anyone in the gym he deserves what he got.

If the above statements are true, then I'd laugh at the dude too. But, maybe I'm just an a$$hole.

Wow and he didnt even check on him.

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

nothing wrong with the first clip, people get choked all the time in BJJ, if you don't want to go "out" you tap. If you have trained "years" you should know how to tap

It could have been A LOT worse, in striking he could have been KO'ed or had something broken (like his nose)
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post

It could have been A LOT worse, in striking he could have been KO'ed or had something broken (like his nose)
    That's what I was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    nothing wrong with the first clip, people get choked all the time in BJJ, if you don't want to go "out" you tap. If you have trained "years" you should know how to tap

I disagree. The teacher knew the kid was bullsh1tting. He shouldn't have let him get choked out, and certainly shouldn't have encouraged his other students to clap and laugh about it while the kid was there.

Unprofessional.

If a kid tells you he's been kickboxing for 5 years, are you going to let Ian break his jaw?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    I disagree. The teacher knew the kid was bullsh1tting. He shouldn't have let him get choked out, and certainly shouldn't have encouraged his other students to clap and laugh about it while the kid was there.

Unprofessional.

If a kid tells you he's been kickboxing for 5 years, are you going to let Ian break his jaw?
    being choked and being ko'ed are very different things

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

when people have talked enough trash we have certainly leg kicked them into "correct thinking"

ASSUMING THIS IS REAL AND NOT A GAG, a bad move on the instructor's part any which way you look at it: if he was certain the guy was a newb w no experience, he had no right to put him up against someone advanced, even tho the guy may have been talking smack: if the guy had been seriously hurt, it would be at least in part due to the instructor's culpability; OTOH, the guy may have been telling the truth, meaning that if he was an advanced grappler, now the teacher has put up A MINOR against an ADULT twice his size with skill - meaning he was potentially putting his child student at risk by pairing him up w someone who he didn't know anything about - I mean, even tho the guy clearly knew nothing, what if he spazed out and hit the kid?

this was poor judgement all around on the teacher's part

ASSUMING THIS IS REAL AND NOT A GAG, a bad move on the instructor's part any which way you look at it: if he was certain the guy was a newb w no experience, he had no right to put him up against someone advanced, even tho the guy may have been talking smack: if the guy had been seriously hurt, it would be at least in part due to the instructor's culpability; OTOH, the guy may have been telling the truth, meaning that if he was an advanced grappler, now the teacher has put up A MINOR against an ADULT twice his size with skill - meaning he was potentially putting his child student at risk by pairing him up w someone who he didn't know anything about - I mean, even tho the guy clearly knew nothing, what if he spazed out and hit the kid?

this was poor judgement all around on the teacher's part
    Exactly what I was thinking. Martial arts schools sometimes seem to exist in this bubble where the rules of posturing somehow require stupid actions, imo.

this kind of humiliation might deter the guy from learning martial arts for life. he looks like just a naive kid.

the instructor dont look that fit either, seems like he did it to stroke his ego.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    yeah, but at least he's got a sense of humor!
    (so he's got that going for him, right?)

In all seriousness, I agree with TGY-irresponsible on both accounts.
    So, what kind of attitude is he encouraging in class? He has some young teen-aged students who, obviously share his "humor."
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

you know, at 19 you are an ADULT and you need to learn that if you talk a lot of crap, there are times it can serious backfire. In this case, all he got was embarassed. There is NOTHING at all dangerous about a rear choke. Hopefully he'll learn not to talk crap....

We usually call people when they talk crap, but a few continue even after we call them on it, and then we indeed kick them in the legs