Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mouth Boxing: the FAQs

Mouth Boxing: the FAQs

Mouth Boxing has become rampant in this day and age of the internet.

Many people feel comfy and safe hiding behind the net, but should they be allowed to snipe and curse and insult people who are known, post up where they teach, etc?

I for one call anyone who starts trouble yet refuses to step up as an adult, a mouth boxer. They are cowards. If they really were interested in learning and sharing they would have no issues with telling people who and where they are.

I am not a mouth boxer, and always post up where people can find me for friendship or to learn how to be one with the floor or whatever you desire from the encounter.

Mouth Boxing can also get you into some serious trouble, like the kid who was mouthing off and then got chocked out. You talk crap, you need to understand the ramifications of said crap talking.

What say you fellow forum members?

net ghosts should be treated with the utmost contempt for being cowards.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

History has shown us that, at times, giving out your personal information on the net is NOT a good thing.
    Of course that tends to apply for people that go looking for trouble.
    I don't see why anyone that cares enough to post of a MA forum, isn't open and honest enough to say who they are or at least where they train or even IF they train.
    I never made any sense to me and probably never will.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    History has shown us that, at times, giving out your personal information on the net is NOT a good thing.
    Of course that tends to apply for people that go looking for trouble.
    I don't see why anyone that cares enough to post of a MA forum, isn't open and honest enough to say who they are or at least where they train or even IF they train.
    I never made any sense to me and probably never will.
    Stating your name, is not really an issue and being your honest and real self on the internet isn't that different for me than functioning in real life.

I'm me. I'm me here, I'm me elsewhere and I don't have any issues at all with revealing who I am or where I'm from etc.

I agree with Dale and I agree with you that the ones who are generally the problem are just looking for trouble.

anonymity will be a thing of the past soon enough with the internet, so people better get used to using their social communication abilities as if it was really them talking and not some shielded infantile persona that is not much better than a monkey flinging poop.

I have little if any respect for those people who will not step up. they will be dealt with in the more "heavy handed" way as someone recently pointed out.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    WORDS ARE JUST WIND people talk and that is about it
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    Have you read the constitution?

more than wind man...way more than wind.

Also, my library! Volumes and volumes of valuable meaning!

Words are so much more than what you have attributed them with.

Words can be as sharp as any sword, as murderous as any gunshot, as deceitful as any thief.

don't kid yourself, words when wielded by the skilled are powerful indeed.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Many of us here and on other forums have no issue with telling people who we are.

I know who Sanjuro Ronin is in real life.

I know Dave Ross, Chris Jurak, etc and others who have become not only members here but people who I have actually met in real life or have business with in reality.

I do not agree with you at all.

People who are just talking are insulting and sniping and slandering and libeling you without the person being attacked what should be accorded to them by law, which is to know who the heck is attacking you.

People in real life would NEVER say some of the drek they have said to me or about my teachers to my face, as not only are they cowards, but I would show them the error of their ways right then and there, and we would see how many people could deal with that.

If you would not say it to someone in reality, why the hell would people think it is kosher to do so on the net?

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    Words are what u make of them. Getting wrapped up in the verse of a ghost is not what I would call an attack. It's a site on the net not the end all of creation.

If u guys are trying to police the net good luck
    Last edited by Dragonzbane76; 08-05-2011 at 09:46 AM.
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

some people need to get a grip for crying out loud.

oh yeah Dale? well my dad can beat up your dad anyday. LOl sorry man couldnt resist my boxing mouth
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

yes we may

mouth

twit

all day long

till we drop

or running out of steam or mouth water.

way yah

Words are what u make of them. Getting wrapped up in the verse of a ghost is not what I would call an attack. It's a site on the net not the end all of creation.

If u guys are trying to police the net good luck
    Well, it's one community forum on the internet. It's not like trying to police the net, it's recognizing that there is a human being sitting behind a keyboard communicating and responding and within this private forum that has more or less a targeted audience and delivers content to that end which should meet a common denominator for most if not all the time, then for sure most of it.

Choosing whether or not to be dispassionate about a subject being discussed is one thing, but words spark emotions in others that in turn sparks action. Emotions, in most people cannot be turned on and off like a tap. Hence all of us has probably said something in our lives that probably would have been better left unsaid.

But that's life. that's why there is an admin and moderators here, and that is all.

Attacks are ALWAYS begun with words wouldn't you say?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Don't forget Colostomy Boxing 粪门拳。Shares a common historical lineage with Mouth Boxing 嘴口拳。

There exists a hybrid 粪门嘴口拳。Very rare.

Here's the thing though:
    I have noticed that in real life, people just behave better, why?
    Because they are not "hiding" behind the internet persona.
    Second, the moment you decide to call anyone a fraud, liar or say they are misleading people and whatnot, then YOUR character is also being called into question, whether you like it or not.
    When you question the experience and skill of another MA, then YOUR MA skill and experience is called into question.
    Animinity protects those that just "talk for the sake of talking" and those tend to be the ones that cause all the trouble.

I have no issues of having my views questioned, I'd just like to know WHO is doing the questioning, I mean after all, we all have the right to "face our accusers" do we not?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Paul,

Excellent post, and worded much better than my previous posting.