Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mouth Boxing: the FAQs

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post

I have no issues of having my views questioned, I'd just like to know WHO is doing the questioning, I mean after all, we all have the right to "face our accusers" do we not?
    Just in a court of law.

You are often fond of saying that things can stand on their own merits. Unless, Anderson Silva or Randy Couture starts posting here, nobody has enough reputation that their identity is meaningful anyway.

Dale,
    I agree with you completely!

I get tired you having to weed through the whining, rants, and a s shole remarks everyday when I come here.

I come to share and learn, not listen to p i s s a s s drama.

Man up, or shut up is my feeling.
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleWCGuy View Post
    Just in a court of law.

You are often fond of saying that things can stand on their own merits. Unless, Anderson Silva or Randy Couture starts posting here, nobody has enough reputation that their identity is meaningful anyway.
    Of course certain views stand on their own merit but that isn't really the issue when personal attacks are involved.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    If they really were interested in learning and sharing they would have no issues with telling people who and where they are.
    Agree with you 100% there. It's hard to have any deep discussion if people don't know who the other person's background is. When people asked questions, since I'm not good in theory discussion, I like to provide personal youtube clips to show as examples. It's hard to hide who you are after you have put personal youtube clips on the internet. Through the forum discussion, I was asked to have workshops in Denver, Seattle, Oakland (next week). I have met a lot of people this way in real life. The way that I look at this is, as long as I can help just one person on internet, my time will not be wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Of course certain views stand on their own merit but that isn't really the issue when personal attacks are involved.
    I have a 3 step plan.
    1. Don't reveal your identity over the Internet (create a new SN)
    2. Let your ideas stand on their own merits
    3. Institute a zero tolerance policy on attacks

This is not the place to defend and build a reputation. It seems to me that if you want to put yourself out here for all to see, then you have to take the good with the bad on some level.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    The way that I look at this is, as long as I can help just one person on internet, my time will not be wasted.
    it is the way of kong fu zi or con fu scious.

the way of a teacher

the way of a shephard

the way of ---

Blog Entries
    It's not that difficult to avoid argument and personal attack. If you started a thread, you suppose to "listen" to other's opinions. It makes no sense to start a thread so you can have chance to argue. I still remember not too long ago, someone started a thread to express his "new idea". People provided their suggestions and later found out that the thread starter was looking for nothing but either agreement with his assessments/conclusions, or positive reinforcement in the form for "wow, good job mate! keep it up!"

If a thread starter doesn't want any criticism, whether positive or negative. That thread should never be started in the 1st place. No matter which direction that thread may go, the thread starter should only "listen" and "appreciate other's input" and never involve in any argument. After all, the thread starter should already know his own opinion. There is no need to repeat his own opinion in his own thread.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 08-05-2011 at 01:20 PM.

I think that it's a question of content versus context: while I agree with Dale's assessment of people who hide behind anonymous screen names and spew bile for its own sake are pretty much slugs (content), at the same time, I would suggest that his expectations of the context are excessive: in other words, we all know that part of the Internetz package is the ability to communicate anonymously in what is essentially a public sphere (this is not a new thing - for example, the concept of the Masked Ball is a great example of just exactly this phenomenon - although, of course, it may have been easier for the swords to come out then, lol); it's what gives the medium a bit of spice, if you will: there is a certain freedom that comes with anonymity, that allows one to say things that one would otherwise not: sometimes it's just vile slander, but other times, it actually enlivens and improves the discourse - I mean, think about it, if there was full disclosure at all times, it would make things rather dull on a certain level;

but anyway, I think that if one wishes to participate in this particular medium, one has to take it for granted that there will be necessity be anonymous slander directed at one from time to time, and just basically accept it as an a priori condition of the medium; certainly, I can understand if one is being stalked and reviled at every turn, but the occasional mouth boxer probably just needs to be ignored (and hey, with our new and improved moderation, they probably won't last that long anyway!)

just my 2¢...

I am not against arguing

the truth will reveal only after cross exam by one self or participation of many

there are 7 people blindfolded in india.

1. first person felt the nose, and said it is a trunk

2. 2nd person felt the leg, and said it is a tree/pole

3. 3rd person felt the body and said it is a wall.

4. 4th person felt the tail, and said it is a rope.

5. 5th person felt the ear and said it is like a big piece of rug hanging

6. 6th person felt the tusk and said it is like a horn.

7. 7 th person did not say anyone is wrong, he said it is an elephant and every one was right.

---
    Last edited by SPJ; 08-05-2011 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    It's not that difficult to avoid argument and personal attack. If you started a thread, you suppose to "listen" to other's opinions. It makes no sense to start a thread so you can have chance to argue. I still remember not too long ago, someone started a thread to express his "new idea". People provided their suggestions and later found out that the thread starter was looking for nothing but either agreement with his assessments/conclusions, or positive reinforcement in the form for "wow, good job mate! keep it up!"

If a thread starter doesn't want any criticism, whether positive or negative. That thread should never be started in the 1st place. No matter which direction that thread may go, the thread starter should only "listen" and "appreciate other's input" and never involve in any argument. After all, the thread starter should already know his own opinion. There is no need to repeat his own opinion in his own thread.
    you are wrong, John, and this sort of thing really belongs in a Judo forum anyway...

looking at the big picture

the truth may be all inclusive at the same time it is exclusive

we are only limited by our openess.

if we may include all the viewpoints with our open mind

only then, may we have the big picture

each fact is only part of the whole truth.

---

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    you are wrong, John, and this sort of thing really belongs in a Judo forum anyway...
    If you are not a Judo guy, the Judo forum is not the place for you. When someone made the following comment, I had no choice but to put my tail between my legs, ran like hell, and never looked back.

"You are not even a Judoka. Nobody care about your opinion. Why are you still hanging around here?"
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 08-05-2011 at 02:26 PM.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    I really don't understand some people. You have an Ignore button, it works very well. You don't have to sit and listen to anyone b!tch, moan, troll, dumpster hump, etc... etc...

I don't even use the ignore button honestly, I just glance at the names of whose posting and comment on those that I find relavent. Other than that I just skim through ignoring most. If you've been around here any little bit you know who are idiots and whom has interesting things to speak about.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    I have no idea what you just said, but it made me laugh.
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

kung fu forum posting is mobile for me nowadays

with ipad2 and all.

you see all e readers may grant you to browse the forum

and most importantly.

so when you drop your balls

wipe off your sweat

you may post or mouth wireless

talking about techno nowadays.

---