Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Mouth Boxing: the FAQs

nowadays

you may watch boxing or fights in your ipad or iphone.

and twit about it at the same time

---

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyrat View Post
    CMA always had an air of mystery around it. when i first started training, i hated that. later i had to admit there were advantages to this. why make videos of your techniques, tactics & strategy available?

on the other hand, i'm sort of grateful there's tons of material on other fighting arts on video to access strengths/weaknesses.
    yes, you do not show your stuff/techiques in the public

let alone video tape it

and offer free for all

b/c people may devise counter techniques to your stuff/techniques

Quote Originally Posted by IronWeasel View Post
    Why beg for videos?

Really....who goes around video recording everything that they do?
    (I almost said 'video taping', lol)

Why not just see it live and in person if that's available to you?

No, I don't want him to videotape everymoment of his life - I'm just noting that 'mouthboxer' first and foremost applies to anyone who says they'll beat people up yadda yadda, but don't have any evidence that they can even do martial arts in a live scenario.

You know, some vids of him sparring - is that too much to ask? Do you not think there should be some measure of public evidence to go with public claims? Am I really asking something ridiculous?
    It's not worth a penny!

Quote Originally Posted by Water-quan View Post
    No, I don't want him to videotape everymoment of his life - I'm just noting that 'mouthboxer' first and foremost applies to anyone who says they'll beat people up yadda yadda, but don't have any evidence that they can even do martial arts in a live scenario.

You know, some vids of him sparring - is that too much to ask? Do you not think there should be some measure of public evidence to go with public claims? Am I really asking something ridiculous?
    You made your point, continual badgering will get this thread closed.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Blog Entries
    I think it will be a good policy for this forum that if you ask others to put up a youtube clip, you should put up yours first.

a few good friends of mine from taiwan

they were asked to put up real fight videos of baji

guess what they are like a few seconds

2 or 3 moves done, fight is over

--

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    yes, you do not show your stuff/techiques in the public

let alone video tape it

and offer free for all

b/c people may devise counter techniques to your stuff/techniques

You can also show a lot of wrong techniques and lead your opponent into the wrong track. For example, if you are a right hand person, you can show a lot of left hand techniques on youtube. The day that you meet your enemy, if he thinks that you are a left hand person, that will give you a lot of advantage.

What Sun Zi strategy will you call this?

Would YOU post a clip of yourself, if asked?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....

Quote Originally Posted by IronWeasel View Post
    Would YOU post a clip of yourself, if asked?

No, I wouldn't - but why would I need to? When did I ever makeany claims about myself, and ask for your cash?

Nice try at making it about me - but this is about people who claim to be kung fu experts and bad asses, but have nothing to show for it. I have nothing to show, but neither to do I claim to be a kung fu expert or a bad ass.
    It's not worth a penny!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    You made your point, continual badgering will get this thread closed.
    Well we wouldn't want that to happen to this cerebral thread, would we?
    It's not worth a penny!

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    I think it will be a good policy for this forum that if you ask others to put up a youtube clip, you should put up yours first.
    Rubbish. If you really cared about CMA, or good policy, you'd think it a good rule if 'before claiming to be a kung fu expert, you show yourself sparring first'.

Just think how much rubbish we'll clean out when we apply that rule.
    It's not worth a penny!

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    a few good friends of mine from taiwan

they were asked to put up real fight videos of baji

guess what they are like a few seconds

2 or 3 moves done, fight is over

--

Well, cool. If Dale can do that, cool. But it's not just about Dale - it's one of the big problems of this forum. All of the experts, jockeying for kudos, do seem extremely hostile to the idea of showing any proof that backs up their self-claims.

You know, forget it - it's just a moment of madness, thinking that people might actually be better off we get the experts to show something of their level. I'm just a beginner, looking for someone who i think I could learn from - but, I'd never learn from anyone who talks, and talks... and more talks... and the talks some more. Would you? What a place the internet is for talking one's way to bad assness, lol.
    Last edited by Water-quan; 08-06-2011 at 01:02 PM.
    It's not worth a penny!

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    You can also show a lot of wrong techniques and lead your opponent into the wrong track. For example, if you are a right hand person, you can show a lot of left hand techniques on youtube. The day that you meet your enemy, if he thinks that you are a left hand person, that will give you a lot of advantage.

What Sun Zi strategy will you call this?
    I prefer Han Fei Zi.
    http://goo.gl/TAlZp
    故曰:君無見其所欲,君見其所欲,臣自將雕琢;君無見其意,君見其意,臣將自表異。 故曰:去好去惡,臣乃見素;去(舊)〔智〕去(智)〔舊〕,臣乃自備。故有智而不以慮,使萬物 知其處; 有(行)〔賢〕而不以(賢)〔行〕,觀臣下之所因;有勇而不以怒,使群臣盡其武。是故去智而有 明, 去賢而有功,去勇而有強。群臣守職,百官有常,因能而使之,是謂習常。

故曰:寂乎其無位而處,漻乎莫得其所。明君無為於上,群臣竦懼乎下。 明君之道,使智者盡其慮,而君因以斷事,故君不窮於智;賢者勑其材,君因而任之,故君不窮於能 ; 有功則君有其賢,有過則臣任其罪,故君(子)不窮於名。是故不賢而為賢者師,不智而為(上)智 者正。 臣有其勞,君有其成功,此之謂賢主之經也。

道在不可見,用在不可知。虛靜無事,以闇見疵。見而不見,聞而不聞, 知而不知。知其言以往,勿變勿更,以參合閱焉。官有一人,勿令通言,則萬物皆盡。函掩其跡, 匿其端,下不能原。去其智,絕其能,下不能意。

Hence the saying: "The ruler must not reveal his wants. For, if he reveals his wants, the ministers will polish their manners accordingly. The ruler must not reveal his views. For, if he reveals his views, the ministers will display their hues differently." Hence another saying: "If the like and hate of the ruler be concealed, the true hearts of the ministers will be revealed. If the experience and wisdom of the ruler be discarded, the ministers will take precautions." Accordingly, the ruler, wise as he is, should not bother but let everything find its proper place; worthy as he is, should not be self-assumed but observe closely the ministers' motivating factors of conduct; and, courageous as he is, should not be enraged but let every minister display his prowess. So, leave the ruler's wisdom, then you will find the ministers' intelligence; leave the ruler's worthiness, then you will find the ministers' merits; and leave the ruler's courage, then you will find the ministers' strength. In such cases, ministers will attend to their duties, magistrates will have definite work routine, and everybody will be employed according to his special ability. Such a course of government is called "constant and immutable".

Hence the saying: "So quiet, it rests without footing; so vacant, it cannot be located." Thus, the intelligent ruler does nothing, but his ministers tremble all the more. It is the Tao of the intelligent ruler that he makes the wise men exhaust their mental energy and makes his decisions thereby without being himself at his wits' end; that he makes the worthy men exert their talents and appoints them to office accordingly without being himself at the end of his ability; and that in case of merits the ruler gains the renown and in case of demerit the ministers face the blame so that the ruler is never at the end of his reputation. Therefore, the ruler, even though not worthy, becomes the master of the worthies; and, even though not wise, becomes the corrector of the wise men. It is the ministers who do the toil; it is the ruler who gets the spoil. This is the everlasting principle of the worthy sovereign. 4

Tao exists in invisibility; its function, in unintelligibility. Be empty and reposed and have nothing to do-Then from the dark see defects in the light. See but never be seen. Hear but never be heard. Know but never be known. If you hear any word uttered, do not change it nor move it but compare it with the deed and see if word and deed coincide with each other. Place every official with a censor. Do not let them speak to each other. Then everything will be exerted to the utmost. Cover tracks and conceal sources. Then the ministers cannot trace origins. Leave your wisdom and cease your ability. Then your subordinates cannot guess at your limitations.

I'm just a beginner, looking for someone who i think I could learn from -

There is the BS.

If that were true, you would have watched the vid, and either learned from him if you liked it....or moved on if you didn't.

It's the incessant badgering, that shows that you just want to get a rise out of the guy.

You're just here to play...not learn.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    I prefer Han Fei Zi.
    http://goo.gl/TAlZp
    You do not need to leave your room. Remain sitting at your table and listen. Do not even listen, simply wait, be quiet, still and solitary. The world will freely offer itself to you to be unmasked, it has no choice, it will roll in ecstasy at your feet.
    - Franz Kafka