Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: We're so scrooed

Quote Originally Posted by Reality_Check View Post
    Fiscal 2011 Budget: http://www.gpoaccess.gov/usbudget/fy11/index.html

Passage of the Fiscal 2011 Budget:
    I misunderstood which year to use. I'm no accountant.

They did not pass a budget in 2010.

"House Democrats will not pass a budget blueprint in 2010, Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) will confirm in a speech on Tuesday."

Source: (full article)
    http://thehill.com/homenews/house/10...4e447d64%252C0

As to McCain, he did not support the bailouts. I was correct. We were discussing a purchase he voted for, not a bailout. In that thread (not just the posts that were pulled), I make clear the difference between a bailout and a purchase. FYI, I'm against both, but McCain said he did not support the bailouts and in his actions he only voted in favor of a purchase.

Yes, I was incorrect. I thought one needed 61 votes to break a filibuster.
    Thank you! And see, it didn't kill ya.

Now if we can just get Jamieson to admit he was wrong when he said the Federal Reserve is a private corporation. Of course I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ-Blue View Post
    As to McCain, he did not support the bailouts. I was correct. We were discussing a purchase he voted for, not a bailout. In that thread (not just the posts that were pulled), I make clear the difference between a bailout and a purchase. FYI, I'm against both, but McCain said he did not support the bailouts and in his actions he only voted in favor of a purchase.

Thank you! And see, it didn't kill ya.

Now if we can just get Jamieson to admit he was wrong when he said the Federal Reserve is a private corporation. Of course I'm not holding my breath on that one.
    come on, hold your breath! Just for a little while, like, a week should do. Maybe someone could help you. lol

The federal reserve is controlled by private banks. there omg!!! I've said it again!

Let me say it one more time. The Federal Reserve of the United States of America is controlled by private banks.

Should I say it again? Because it is. I mean you can cite all sorts of rot and cover your ears and make grandiose statements about the treasury and so on and so forth. Go ahead.

but once again, The federal reserve of the USA is controlled by private banks which make up it's board of directors.
    DIRECTORS!

why would a private bank be directing the federal reserve?
    why would this be denied this fact that can be found almost anywhere?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I misunderstood which year to use. I'm no accountant.

They did not pass a budget in 2010.

"House Democrats will not pass a budget blueprint in 2010, Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) will confirm in a speech on Tuesday."

Source: (full article)
    http://thehill.com/homenews/house/10...4e447d64%252C0
    Fiscal 2010 Budget: http://www.gpoaccess.gov/usbudget/fy...y10-newera.pdf

Passage of said budget: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123870974208284245.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/...n4977653.shtml

Your link refers to the FY 2011 Budget (October 2010 - September 2011), which was not in fact passed in 2010, it was passed in April 2011.
    1bad65, you make me laugh. Dare I say it? You seem to be suffering from ODS (Obama Derangement Syndrome).

"I didn't vote for him but he's my president, and I hope he does a good job." - John Wayne

Clearly you want President Obama to fail, or else you wouldn't bring up every little thing you can to try and discredit him and his Administration. You seems to be actively hoping for failure.

Perhaps you can take a lesson from The Duke.

Ah, but (as noted in the posts to which I linked) Senator McCain referred to them as bailouts and supported them. Hence, he supported the bailouts (his words, not mine).
    1bad65, you make me laugh. Dare I say it? You seem to be suffering from ODS (Obama Derangement Syndrome).

"I didn't vote for him but he's my president, and I hope he does a good job." - John Wayne

Clearly you want President Obama to fail, or else you wouldn't bring up every little thing you can to try and discredit him and his Administration. You seems to be actively hoping for failure.

poverty can teach americans a thing or two about humility and humanity.

fear of being poor is a sign of an insecure nation.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    poverty can teach americans a thing or two about humility and humanity.

fear of being poor is a sign of an insecure nation.

Shows what you know! We've always had lots of poverty! Our humility totally kicks the ass of your humility.

Ah, but (as noted in the posts to which I linked) Senator McCain referred to them as bailouts and supported them. Hence, he supported the bailouts (his words, not mine).
    If I call you a space alien, does that make you a space alien?

Your link refers to the FY 2011 Budget (October 2010 - September 2011), which was not in fact passed in 2010, it was passed in April 2011.
    They went over a year without passing a budget and having it signed by the President. Which is against the law. Can we agree on this?

They went over a year without passing a budget and having it signed by the President. Which is against the law. Can we agree on this?
    The President is required to present a budget, which he did. He can't force the Congress to vote on it. The Congress then puts together a budget resolution, which does not require a Presidential signature (though it must pass both chambers). Appropriation bills actually spend the budgeted money. Those require a Presidential signature. However, they are initiated in Congress, not by the President.

So, in the budget process, President Obama did everything he was required to do.

http://www.cbpp.org/cms/?fa=view&id=155