Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: A Message from the Management of KFMagazine.com

abuse of power

did a certain someone really close a thread so no one could comment on what he is doing, then three hours later open it to make a comment, then close it again so no one oculd respond?

I think Jamieson's always been an a$$.

So not surprised.
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    did a certain someone really close a thread so no one could comment on what he is doing, then three hours later open it to make a comment, then close it again so no one oculd respond?

yes; I PM'd him about that, suggesting that this was probably not a wise course of action; furthermore, I reiterated my request that there be a stickied thread that would be dedicated to discussions regarding moderation as well as any "logistics" related issues that members may have - a clearinghouse of sorts for any discussion of this nature would eliminate the need to start new threads every time something like this came up, and the subsequent need to lock / delete them because they are "off topic" (to wit, Scott's two threads and this one would have been unecessary, all those issues could have been addressed in a "grievance" - or another named - thread);

let's be frank (no, not you, Frank): this place needed some serious housecleaning, and for that initial period, DJ did a double-plus-good job; but now that things have settled down, I think he could temper himself somewhat, and be a bit more responsive as opposed to reactive; being a mod is a thankless job, but I think the best way to do it is to have open lines of communication, and a platform from which the hoi polloi can air their perspectives;

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Designs View Post
    I think Jamieson's always been an a$$.

So not surprised.
    I think personally insulting DJ as opposed to engaging in a reasoned discussion about his role as a moderator isn't going to help achieve a better moderated forum; fact is, he stepped up to do a job that apparently no one else wanted to do, but that needed doing; if you think he will be perfect at it, you are delusional; so instead of calling him names, why not spend some energy on suggesting how he improve his approach?

I think dj is doing a good job keeping the trolling and insulting to a minimum.

This board really needed to be policed better. If you dont agree maybe you were the one whom needed policed
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Ok, I did get a note from a couple of members about a thread, but now it's gone and I honestly don't know what it is that was said in it etc.

So, I can't speak to it.

Please stop the "I hate jamieson" threads though and the"he is abusive"

It's unproductive and you look like whining little girls who got their wrist slapped.

fighters my ass, grow up.

I don't mind being confronted, I don't mind being criticized. I do mind stuffing the forum with a bunch of whining and moaning.

so, post all the kung fu related stuff you like! Please!

As mod, if I deem it gone, it's gone. If you don't like it, maybe you could take up moderation? I think it's been made abundantly clear this is not a democracy.

I'm only a hand so to speak.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Blog Entries
    let's be frank (no, not you, Frank):
    oh thank god. no body wants that LOL

I think DJ did a good job too. this place isn't so CRACKIFIED within the last week or so. I think its an adjustment period for everyone. and knowing that DJ will close a thread or delete it because he see's the potential of some more drama may just curb the unnecessary negative comments some people give and get around here.

DJ. do you thing. but know when to lighten up as well as when to drop the hammer.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 08-06-2011 at 07:23 AM.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

A Moderator should NOT insult those who disagree with you, calling them whiners and girly men when that is EXACTLY how you are choosing to behave yourself.

Your problem, for as long as you have been here, is that you behave with arrogance and narcissism.

My initial thread yesterday was not a whining thread it was meant to investigate how people think about what you are doing. You closed it before anyone could air their opinions.

WE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO DISAGREE WITH YOU WITHOUT YOU THROWING A FIT!

You are not behaving like the MAN you expect everyone else to be and quite frankly you NEVER have acted like a MAN. You are over reaching, telling everyone TOUGH LUCK, PROVES THE POINT! You are not God here, you are a little Moderator on an internet forum, nothing more!

1) If you are going to moderate clean up your bad attitude!

2) Stop insulting others who complain. You represent Gene and the company now!

3) Set the example for what you expect from others. Do not act worse than those complaining, like you are doing now, REAPEATEDLY!!

4) Act like an adult even if others don’t like what you are doing!

5) Give a reasoned explanation for your actions and then if we don't like it, we can go to Gene!

6) If you want the job as Moderator, do it right and not according to your random whim, or quit and let an adult do it

7) I nominate sanjuro_ronin, but if he won't do it, I'll do it if Gene approves of my thoughts on how to more appropriately Moderate.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Ok, I did get a note from a couple of members about a thread, but now it's gone and I honestly don't know what it is that was said in it etc.
    So, I can't speak to it.
    thread's not gone, it's right here (the one where Scott announced his leaving):
    http://kungfumagazine.com/forum/show...t=61415&page=2
    BJJ Blue made the last comment, and the thread was locked; at some later point, you posted a response to him; so it seems you reopened it to do so;

Please stop the "I hate jamieson" threads though and the"he is abusive"
    I agree that people should stop this, it's not productive; none of this should be personalized, beyond people making suggestions that might improve your ability to be a moderator; I don't think calling you abusive makes sense either; hence, as I suggested before, make a dedicated thread for people to post on regarding moderation and similar logistical issues; that way, anyone with anything reasonable to say, has a place to say it; and anyone who just weighs invective can be moderated appropriately, since they have a venue to express themselves and don't need to be rancorous;

It's unproductive and you look like whining little girls who got their wrist slapped.
    fighters my ass, grow up.
    I don't mind being confronted, I don't mind being criticized. I do mind stuffing the forum with a bunch of whining and moaning.
    well, then, if people have a gripe, they should have a means by which they can express it (in an appropriate manner), without being locked, deleted or derided; again, a dedicated thread for non-kungfu, forum related stuff would solve the problem, IMPO;

As mod, if I deem it gone, it's gone. If you don't like it, maybe you could take up moderation? I think it's been made abundantly clear this is not a democracy.
    true, it's not; but it IS a community - meaning that, as previously, members come and go as they deem the community fulfilling their social needs; the trick is maintaining a balance: too loose, and we are overrun with trolls (as we have seen); too heavy handed, and the members start feeling they have no voice in certain aspects of the community that they feel they should; it seems that a dose of benevolent despotism is in order, with emphasis on the benevolent...

I'm only a hand so to speak.
    "The King sh1ts and the Hand wipes."

it is a tough and sometimes unpopular job to be a troll patrol.

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post

he stepped up to do a job that apparently no one else wanted to do,
    I would have / WILL do it if Gene would let me. I am sure others would to. Jamieson JUMPED at the chance to do it. Just saying
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

thread's not gone, it's right here (the one where Scott announced his leaving):
    http://kungfumagazine.com/forum/show...t=61415&page=2
    BJJ Blue made the last comment, and the thread was locked; at some later point, you posted a response to him; so it seems you reopened it to do so;
    And I would not have had to start that thread if David hadn't thrown a hissy fit and closed a legitmate thread meant to discuss his over reaching!

If anyone finds fault with my initial post on that thread I would be surprised. I tried very hard not to make it an attacking comment and leave the question open ended in order for others to share their oponions. At the worst it could have been moved to the off topic area, except that it IS topical to the main forum!
    Last edited by Scott R. Brown; 08-06-2011 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    I would have / WILL do it if Gene would let me. I am sure others would to. Jamieson JUMPED at the chance to do it. Just saying
    Many times he who JUMPS at the chance to use power is the least and even the worst one who should have it.

And to those who are jumping on David's bandwagon calling me a whiner, I challenge anyone to find just one post in the over ten years I have been here that I have whined about ANYTHING, or complained about ANYONE on this forum.

I have never complained about the moderation or the trolls. Until yesterday I have never sent a personal note to even Gene!

So lighten up! With my pattern of complaining here, which is NON-EXISTENT, there MUST be something rotten going on; or I wouldn't have my panties in a bunch over it!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    A Moderator should NOT insult those who disagree with you, calling them whiners and girly men when that is EXACTLY how you are choosing to behave yourself.

Your problem, for as long as you have been here, is that you behave with arrogance and narcissism.

My initial thread yesterday was not a whining thread it was meant to investigate how people think about what you are doing. You closed it before anyone could air their opinions.

WE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO DISAGREE WITH YOU WITHOUT YOU THROWING A FIT!

You are not behaving like the MAN you expect everyone else to be and quite frankly you NEVER have acted like a MAN. You are over reaching, telling everyone TOUGH LUCK, PROVES THE POINT! You are not God here, you are a little Moderator on an internet forum, nothing more!

1) If you are going to moderate clean up your bad attitude!

2) Stop insulting others who complain. You represent Gene and the company now!

3) Set the example for what you expect from others. Do not act worse than those complaining, like you are doing now, REAPEATEDLY!!

4) Act like an adult even if others don’t like what you are doing!

5) Give a reasoned explanation for your actions and then if we don't like it, we can go to Gene!

6) If you want the job as Moderator, do it right and not according to your random whim, or quit and let an adult do it

7) I nominate sanjuro_ronin, but if he won't do it, I'll do it if Gene approves of my thoughts on how to more appropriately Moderate.

Could not agree more with this post.