Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Tru-2-Form Sparring

Blog Entries
    Full contact fighting is not for everyone. Trying to low the standard so everybody can participate is like to make Taiji into "health only", it will not be good for the future of the TCMA.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Show me the money, Dave, show me the money.
    I have a lot of money sitting around lately, I'd love to see a huge add in your magazine that reads "LKFMDC present the largest Mongolian Cluster Fuck in US history"

Don't temp me
    Last edited by lkfmdc; 08-09-2011 at 02:09 PM.
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Full contact fighting is not for everyone. Trying to low the standard so everybody can participate is like to make Taiji into "health only", it will not be good for the future of the TCMA.
    One would hope that no one doing this competition thinks they are actually fighting, but history sort of already tells us some of them DO think they are

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Blog Entries
    It's like making Chinese wrestling into Taiji push hands. It's going backward instead of going forward. Sometime fake confidence is worse than no confidence at all.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    It's like making Chinese wrestling into Taiji push hands.
    people who do this must look at push hands and scream "oh the humanity! stop the carnage! STOP!"

I would love to take LSD and watch this from the sidelines... I actually don't need LSD and it's still out of this world hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pina View Post
    I would love to take LSD and watch this from the sidelines... I actually don't need LSD
    nope, it is it's own LSD

and somone on youtube actually said "this is the greatest"

watching these videos, I demand the entire forum apologize to me, NOW!
    Why????......

Quote Originally Posted by Snipsky View Post
    Why????......
    why should you all apologize, because you've all been telling me kung fu is fine and dandy and talking about how everyone is sparring and training for real AND LOOK AT THAT! LOOK AT IT!!!! WAIT! DON'T LOOK! HIDE YOUR EYES! RUN RUN RUN

Quote Originally Posted by mooyingmantis View Post
    Even in pretend sparring, Mantis reigns supreme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOO5v...feature=relmfu

The heavy guy had some decent jamming and sweeps... but he was using his weight to walk in because he didn't have to worry about something as basic as a real jab or a front kick that could bend him over. Light slappy movements with no intention prevent reality to appear.

Aside from, "Why not just fight to find out?" and "can you do this against non preprogrammed puppet-like robots?" sits "How do you put those clothes on and dance around like that as a grown man, having invisible Jedi combat with the air in front of a crowd of people?"

To address the spirit of the article: It is an embarrassment to wear ancient garb and then represent the culmination of a history of vast warriors with such a pu$$y display. It's that simple.

Lastly, China's history of being invaded and ruled by foreigners could make one call into question the methods that have been romanticized. It wasn't a recession that closed the original Shaolin Temple.

... I have to admit. That was so funny I watched it again for pure enjoyment

Maybe train like that the first six months if you have to (and you don't and shouldn't). But my God, keep it behind closed doors. Hush. Hush.... like fat girls and mopeds. No one needs to know.

I put a link on my facebook account, in like 1 minute I have like 16 replies

As someone who won national titles in both Push Hands and San Shou this is beyond sad. Promoting this and letting San Shou die is inexcusable.
    "Information is power"

www.Boston-Kickboxing.com

gohring has to be a sociopath. no human with a conscience can do this.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by sanshou guru View Post
    as someone who won national titles in both push hands and san shou this is beyond sad. Promoting this and letting san shou die is inexcusable.
    amen brother! Preach preach!