Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tru-2-Form Sparring

Someone please post pics of nekkid wimmins to this thread.

Why are they saying "step" at the end of each move?

Also, I think just seeing those sparring (?) vids actually made me a worse fighter.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by IronFist View Post

Also, I think just seeing those sparring (?) vids actually made me a worse fighter.
    It's pathetic.

I'd like to see the guys pushing this format doing some "sparring" in their style.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

So, what was the deal, you couldn't really hit anybody?
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
    go to ghoring's youtube....step
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

When is Christophe gonna come on and explain himself?

Here's a video of him talking, to pass the time:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUib8...eature=related

I came in late into this threat, but this is just pure and unadulterated BAD!

This is along the same lines as Eric_H and his "Calling BS when you see it". There is nothing we can do about this. The only thing we can do is try to promote what we think is proper kung fu and kung fu sparring.

Hopefully if we get up off our lazy as$es and do something about it we can have our own competition sparring rules. Without promotion of our own feeling of what kung fu should be, they will take over.

So... get up off your lazy as$ - STEP

and quit your complaining - STEP

Do something about it - STEP

ginosifu - STEP

I coughed.
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

There's not much that could be done.

These are grown men wearing ridiculous garb who think they're upholding a warrior tradition without so much as breaking a sweat or getting a slight bloody nose... almost all of the kung fu I have witnessed is not much unlike this.

A martial art tournament where no one really gets hit? Who would waste their time even participating in something like that....... total pu$$ies!Wackadoos! Losers! Misfits!

However, everyone is so quick now to label this so bad. This is an entire bulletin board (how many users?) devoted to CMA.... where is the good footage? These conversations go on back and forth everyday.... anyone training correctly should be able to use their cell phone to snap some video footage at class to show people they're training realisticly. The footage I posted of Taoist Knights students.... that shouldn't be special. That's minimum. In fact, that itself was below par but at least in the right direction.

Kung Fu is not dying. It's long time dead already. It's Ice Capades without the ice.

Quote Originally Posted by pazman View Post
    When is Christophe gonna come on and explain himself?
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=108240&page=3

Yes I thought it was a good idea, that's why I did it! The reason why is that when you watch kung fu forms and kung fu weapons you can clearly see the techniques in the movement. Now when it comes to the fighting, none of what he/she did in their forms exists in most kung fu practitioners self defense. Let it be known there's a few out there that's doing it. The point is, not enough.

On the first video posted, I made some comments addressing an all Chinese audience that could be misunderstood and taken the wrong way. But I would like to own my mistake with my wording. Yes, I'm a patriot of Chinese martial arts but a brother to all martial artists! We all know that martial arts is like a tree. One seed and we all come from it. On the tree, there's many branches and on each branch, there's many leaves.

I respect all branches and have dabbled with a little of all and have chosen the internal path in Tai Chi. That is where I knew I could grow the most. The system that meets our needs or relates to our personalities is the one that we chose. No particular system is better than the other, it's all part of the tree. Which makes us all one unit. This is why one of the two statemenst I made was very ignorant and I'm calling myself on it. It was disrespectful and I didn't mean it in the way it sounded.

I made a comment that I regret in its contents referring to some players in the MMA as being cavemen. The way that came across was definitely wrong and I truly apologize. I totally respect the gladiators of the cage, no doubt about it! There's some classy guys that represent the MMA but unfortunately there's a large portion of the practitioners that are giving it a bad name.

The police today have to arm themselves with martial arts as well as with stronger fire arms because they have to protect themselves against criminals which the martial arts is being openly taught to now. In the past, before you could even learn such techniques, you had to be screened and go through years of character development. Today, you have enough money, you walk into any place and learn some of the most deadly techniques without any real time in martial discipline and control. The code... honor, respect, integrity, brotherhood, family.

In all martial arts we have a responsibility to maintian its true core and values. And when it comes to chinese martial arts, I had an opinion that some of the values were not being practiced and had been lost, most noticeably in the fighting department of the CMA. When you see Tae Kwon Do, Judo, Thai boxing and many other styles of martial arts, they stay true to form. CMA branch of martial arts should do the same. This is the point. Do these techniques work or are they a waste of time?

CMA is not a waste of time. But the practitioner would need to practice to be efficient through trial and error, just like the other styles. I'm not saying there's people in Chinese kung fu that can't use their systems, but the truth of it is, again I say, there's not enough!

The MMA and UFC make jokes about kung fu and you've heard them. I'm not going to make jokes about them because I somewhat agree. I don't believe they mean it in any real way of disrespect. I think it taunts and lights a fire under the asses of the so called kung fu fighters to simply ask themselves 'why do I need to use kickboxing as my fighting style when I supposedly do kung fu? I should just train in kickboxing'. Get it?

How many martial art practitioners does it take to put in a light bulb? 100... one to put it in and 99 to say they could have done it so much better! lol Remember, the one that put in the light bulb, is the first to be seen and becomes the target. While the others can hide in the shadows and throw stones and find everything wrong with the way the bulb was put in.

Everyone knows that this is the truth. The suggestion is, lets not sit on the sidelines, let's do something to better the individual situations. Anybody can criticize. Is it possible for us to work together to improve the whole martial art arena and keep it clean? I'm practicing this myself. Sometimes filth comes out of my mouth and I sound fricking ignorant and I don't like it. Martial arts made me a better person than this and I have to watch what I say and do and own my BS. This is what martial arts has taught me. Call myself out before someone else does.

I'm sorry that this is so long winded but I'm sure after people view the video there will be a lot of things that come up and I thought I would address them all in just one breath. LOL

Tru2form: I knew that this would be somewhat funny, hilarious, hokey and stupid in its appearance to some, and knew that I would get a lot of flak and eyebrow raising with this event. I would have to have tough skin to handle the criticism that would go along with it, which I am well prepared for. But the point was made! Chinese kung fu needs to get to work and step up the game!

The practitioners on the video were apparently mostly beginners. More advanced or even teachers were not going to enter in such an experimental event. Nobody wants to lose face! Think about it! Beginners have absolutely nothing to lose but everything to gain! If you were there the crowd truly enjoyed the event, seeing the monkey style and others act out their systems.

It was entertaining, educational and a hellva lot of fun to watch, especially to a novice and the average audience member. Ok, like a bad old school kung fu movie? So what? The effort was being made and can be improved. It was like watching a chess game of skill. No blood,no guts, no ground and pound, as corny as it may have seem, it has an audience.

I was not offended by the comments that was made or any to come. I understand how it must look. I said it before we began. It's the big picture, that's the interest. If those beginners continue to practice with their techniques and lose and sometimes win, they will develop their systems for the next generation.

So its important to know, how does the mantis work in actual fighting? What's practical? What's not? These light, continuous sparring chess games gives a practitioner a chance to see what could possibly work in combat without receiving great injury.

Thank you for your comments. I just pretty much wanted to stir up the Chinese kung fu world. Anything you can do to help, please join in.

To the creators of Bullshido, I very much enjoyed reading some of the comments. No one is spared! You have to have an open mind and don't take yourself to serious when it comes to life! Thanks for your comments. You rule! Christophe

Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Thumbs up

That post is soooo awesome! RESPECT

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    That post is soooo awesome! RESPECT
    are you being serious?
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....