Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I've decided to be a LARPer

I've decided to be a LARPer

I've been working on my kickboxing skills for 4+ years now. Also, my basic grappling. I've got a background in muay thai and submission grappling. And some judo.

Anyways, I work in jail so I get to fight people regularly. I've never needed to use anything other than the basics.

Even so, i've decided that i'll just be a video learner of forms to keep my mobility and proprioception up while I focus on strength training again.

No real point to this thread really. Just saying. Flame away.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    which forms are you planning on learning/practicing?
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesC View Post
    I've been working on my kickboxing skills for 4+ years now. Also, my basic grappling. I've got a background in muay thai and submission grappling. And some judo.

Anyways, I work in jail so I get to fight people regularly. I've never needed to use anything other than the basics.

Even so, i've decided that i'll just be a video learner of forms to keep my mobility and proprioception up while I focus on strength training again.

If you want to learn forms properly then do it with a genuine kung fu teacher.

Blog Entries

Pls forgive my ignorance but just browsing by the forum and I wondered what a "LARPer" is???

Or was it self explanitory because you pretty much described it??? is a LARPer just MMA of some sort??
    http://cykwoon.freewebspace.com/
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Subitai

"O"..."Some people believe that you need to make another human being tap out to be a valid art. But I am constantly reminding them that I only have to defend myself and keep you from hurting me in order to Win."
    "O"..."The Hung Style practiced solely in methods of Antiquity would ultimately only be useful versus Similar skill sets"

larping is ok as long as u have giant muskles

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

you already have your basics

they are bread and butter.

learning some forms would be a nice window on the dressing.

al thou you may not need to do that

---

I've decided to be a LARPer
    you'll have to go back and read every work "hardwork" has ever written, and follow it to the letter. Then truly you will be a master of LARP'ing
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    you'll have to go back and read every work "hardwork" has ever written, and follow it to the letter. Then truly you will be a master of LARP'ing
    Master LarpSung. I've heard of him. Flowery Fists Form-set.

Quote Originally Posted by Subitai View Post
    Pls forgive my ignorance but just browsing by the forum and I wondered what a "LARPer" is???

Or was it self explanitory because you pretty much described it??? is a LARPer just MMA of some sort??
    Since nobody bothered to actually answer the questoin:

Live Action Role Playing.

For example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSrIX...eature=related
    Last edited by omarthefish; 08-08-2011 at 11:23 PM.

lol, well...

I plan on just picking up some of Wing Lam's Hung Gar tapes and learning those.

Mostly because i'm working on my strength training right now so, hopefully, it will go hand-in-hand with that.

Again, i'm just doing it because I need something to keep my mobility and coordination up so I don't get slow and clumsy while I focus on lifting again.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

lol, well...

I plan on just picking up some of Wing Lam's Hung Gar tapes and learning those.

Mostly because i'm working on my strength training right now so, hopefully, it will go hand-in-hand with that.

Again, i'm just doing it because I need something to keep my mobility and coordination up so I don't get slow and clumsy while I focus on lifting again.
    First off, WL's tapes are quite good, I have his Iron Wire dvd and it is very informative and quite close to the IW I learned.
    Second off, forms don't = LARPING, sorry.
    Forms+no-sparring+ my lineage is bigger than yours+It's not what I can but what stories I have heard that matters+ only I and those that agree with me have the real kung fu= LARP
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

I know, I was just being a smart ass.

Just saying that I plan on be a video learner for the next few months+.

My intention is to get a copy of Kung Gee Fuk Fu and learn that one since it is so **** complicated i'll probably end up spending all my available time on that one.

I'd also like to get a good staff set.

I plan on purchasing a" Live Action" video of adults having sex so I can review what I have been missing since I am married with a 3 year old who doesn't have her own room yet!

Is that LARPing?

I have a 2 year old and an 8 month old. I beat you.

Sex is hard to come by.

this invites another big question

that is what is considered a good routine or forms.

mantis forms are my favorites, they have everything

1. yang tai chi forms, nah, jumps and stomping feet are missing

2. ba gua. a lot of walking and walking

---

but each may cultivate or help your certain movements

gong zi fu hu or bow character taming tiger is good.

but we all start with standing in basic postures or stances first

please do not bring in qi and internal--

Last edited by SPJ; 08-09-2011 at 08:02 AM.