Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Why does MMA target WC?

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    Try getting a "degree" in not going back during basic two man exercises - a basic TCMA principle.
    .......only highlights your lack of knowledge amongst other things!

GH

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    I'm entitled to my opinion as you are yours. I like WSL's way of thinking......not yours!! That goes for Hardwa*k108, HumbleJumbleGuy as well!

Toodle pip!

GH
    Graham, you really don't understand the scientific method do you?

The steps of the Scientific Method are:
    Observation/Research
    Hypothesis
    Prediction
    Experimentation
    Conclusion

That's it. If it wasn't done using the scientific method it's not science.

Another basic tenant is that your hypothesis has to be falsifiable. You may never be able to prove it true across all time and space but you have to be able to prove it wrong.

I was not commenting on Wing Chun in my previous post but on how evidence works in real life vs. evidence in science. The scientific method holds us to a much higher standard.

So, no need to get you knickers in a twist, K?
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by m1k3 View Post
    I have to agree with humble. Science is a methodology.
    What's going on? Now that Dale and Terrence who have been banned for unceasing trolling and lack of WC knowledge, you finally notice that I actually say all kinds of stuff that makes sense. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleWCGuy View Post
    What's going on? Now that Dale and Terrence who have been banned for unceasing trolling and lack of WC knowledge, you finally notice that I actually say all kinds of stuff that makes sense. LOL
    Lets not get carried away now.
    Mike

Lets not get carried away now.
    Well considering that you barely know anything about WC, I guess that you would understand very little that I say. One question? How did you not get swept up in the mass bannings? You neither know WC nor do you contribute to the conversations in any meaningful way.

If I recall the last conversation we had was about grappling rules for standup competitions. I said something about the punishment that throws can cause, you Dale, and T disagreed. Then, I said something to the contrary and you all flipped your opinions. I will tell you why. You were all here trying to get the respect that you will never receive for your martial arts in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleWCGuy View Post
    Well considering that you barely know anything about WC, I guess that you would understand very little that I say. One question? How did you not get swept up in the mass bannings? You neither know WC nor do you contribute to the conversations in any meaningful way.

If I recall the last conversation we had was about grappling rules for standup competitions. I said something about the punishment that throws can cause, you Dale, and T disagreed. Then, I said something to the contrary and you all flipped your opinions. I will tell you why. You were all here trying to get the respect that you will never receive for your martial arts in real life.
    ???

What has you torqued? My previous post was a joke. I used to do WC and I still find it interesting even if it is something I no longer pursue. I often change my mind especially when some one makes a good point.

Sorry you are in a bad mood today.

BTW, I am no longer doing BJJ, my knees finally said nope, can't take this any more. So I switched to boxing. Part of the reason I came back here was because as I have been training boxing I see more similarities with the TWC I trained in the past.

Also, those were good posts you made about science.

So, I end this post holding out an olive branch, take it or leave it. Up to you.

Mike

???

What has you torqued? My previous post was a joke. I used to do WC and I still find it interesting even if it is something I no longer pursue. I often change my mind especially when some one makes a good point.

Sorry you are in a bad mood today.

BTW, I am no longer doing BJJ, my knees finally said nope, can't take this any more. So I switched to boxing. Part of the reason I came back here was because as I have been training boxing I see more similarities with the TWC I trained in the past.

Also, those were good posts you made about science.

So, I end this post holding out an olive branch, take it or leave it. Up to you.

Fair enough. I apologize. Let's start over and play nice. I am super excited that you are training boxing. Sorry about the knees.

I trained some boxing for a time. It was a great experience. It added a component to my game that it was missing. WC and most traditional martial arts lack that "inside punching" game. However, there are a number of similarities.

Edit:
    I think that WC over blows the close range punching. Don't get me wrong, a properly executed WC punch at close range can be devastating. However, in boxing, you add the volume and variety into the mix which is just incredible.

You should start a thread about your observations. Since you are somewhat new to boxing, it would be a good post in that you have an, "outside" perspective.
    Last edited by HumbleWCGuy; 08-18-2011 at 10:08 AM.

Glenn

Why don't you F off onto an MMA forum!

GH xxx

Because you'd miss me, ya knob

Love and kisses princess! x

Sorry to hear about your knees, m1k3. I've managed to get this far in the arte suave, with only one meniscus surgery to date. Glad to see you're still doing some sort of MA and didn't take up competitive beer drinking.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

I like WSL's way of thinking......not yours!!
    On WC yes, on the history and philosophy of science no.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Also, people can be systematic in their personal approach to martial arts which has a scientific quality to it, but it doesn't qualify as science.

The problem that people have is that they tend to find out a few things that work for them and then codify it into a fighting style. Presumably, WC is the product of other's systematic approach to fighting, not your own.

There are attempts made to show the 'scientific' events of a one punch KO.

The kinetic chain of events required for this force, beginning from the ground [newtons 3rd law] to fist .
    If thrown in the right timing , the force extended into the ground by the leg [500lb force] comes back into a nicely thrown strike, elbow tucked in, etc....to the jaw.
    If the timing coincides with incoming motion the corresponding forces are multiplied for greater impact [ head on car collision ]

I would venture that while we arent in lab coats holding clip boards and writing data down , with pipes in hand and slide rules in holders in breast pockets.
    We are learning through experimentation , that to deliver sufficient force to ko a guy with a punch isnt just a haymaker and eyes closed

The distances to 'rob' one of the required force are small...a step too much, or a step too little will render the force useless. A person stepping into your distances requires immediate change of distance to reacquire the distances to hit with ko force again, and angle out of the force coming at you too...

We use certain fixed tests to prove force or not with each other, [wsl does anyway]. All part of chi-sao and other drills.

For the WSL mind set I have now, I am developing the ability to be in a distance to deliver KO force while recieving or chasing a guy , stay with follow, etc..

The interception angles used take on a geometric approach to space and time , so spatial relations come into play. We use natural lines of trajectory to make a mindless line back and forth as we deliver the impact idea.So it melds the idea of geometry and physics .

Like I said , its not rocket science

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    There are attempts made to show the 'scientific' events of a one punch KO.

The kinetic chain of events required for this force, beginning from the ground [newtons 3rd law] to fist .
    If thrown in the right timing , the force extended into the ground by the leg [500lb force] comes back into a nicely thrown strike, elbow tucked in, etc....to the jaw.
    If the timing coincides with incoming motion the corresponding forces are multiplied for greater impact [ head on car collision ]

I would venture that while we arent in lab coats holding clip boards and writing data down , with pipes in hand and slide rules in holders in breast pockets.
    We are learning through experimentation , that to deliver sufficient force to ko a guy with a punch isnt just a haymaker and eyes closed

The distances to 'rob' one of the required force are small...a step too much, or a step too little will render the force useless. A person stepping into your distances requires immediate change of distance to reacquire the distances to hit with ko force again, and angle out of the force coming at you too...

We use certain fixed tests to prove force or not with each other, [wsl does anyway]. All part of chi-sao and other drills.

For the WSL mind set I have now, I am developing the ability to be in a distance to deliver KO force while recieving or chasing a guy , stay with follow, etc..

The interception angles used take on a geometric approach to space and time , so spatial relations come into play. We use natural lines of trajectory to make a mindless line back and forth as we deliver the impact idea.So it melds the idea of geometry and physics .

Like I said , its not rocket science
    Good post....

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Because you'd miss me, ya knob

Love and kisses princess! x
    oh come on diddums, don't be like that! Of course I'd miss you! I'd miss everybody on this forum <<<<<in a weepy voice>>>>>> coz I loves ya dun i? lmfao

GH

BTE Glenda.....you can call me a nob (reffering to a male member) anytime but to call me a knob (referring to a door handle) is just plain f*****g rude!!!

oh come on diddums, don't be like that! Of course I'd miss you! I'd miss everybody on this forum <<<<<in a weepy voice>>>>>> coz I loves ya dun i? lmfao

GH

BTE Glenda.....you can call me a nob (reffering to a male member) anytime but to call me a knob (referring to a door handle) is just plain f*****g rude!!!
    Im thinking door handle suits.

Why dont you F off to a Door Forum