Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Why does MMA target WC?

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    how can MMA target WC when you guys are at each others throats most of the time anyways? If you think MMA "people" are targeting WC then you have other issues, like paranoia and ego. just my opinion take it leave it what ever.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Exactly Phil.
    And until theres a world-wide mega death tounament amongst all the WCers, no lineage is the be all and end all
    I'll leave that death match to you younger guys. I'll be too busy having fun and enjoying life . . .
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Redmond View Post
    I'll leave that death match to you younger guys. I'll be too busy having fun and enjoying life . . .
    Im no spring chicken myself Phil!

Id rather a relaxing beer or two

Or three.....

Somebody watched "Wonders of the Universe" on the science channel recently.
    Ya got me! Have to say I enjoyed it.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Im no spring chicken myself Phil!

Id rather a relaxing beer or two

Or three.....
    We could really hang out then . . . .
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    Ya got me! Have to say I enjoyed it.
    Yeah, it is pretty good. It's no Carl Sagan but good nonetheless....

Here's a few favorites of mine from the great Sagan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY59w...el_video_title

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCfem...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U7jfPUhgeg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGK84...eature=related

I admire your enthusiasm G, but saying its so doesnt make it so.

Id suggest the onlly difference between WC and any other mainstream MA is not that its scientific while the others arent.... its just that the WCers are obsessed by telling everybody it is, therefore making it "theoretically" the best MA.
    THATS why the MMA guys go us......

Its no more scientific than any of the others, and your comment that i highlighted shows you think that WC (in your case PB's) has some level of superiority.

In regards to your comment, id suggest that all MA's strive for this and that the only way to scientifically test it is in the outcome

Can you beat the other guy?

On the evidence today, its MMA that is the most scientific.
    Glenn

Why don't you F off onto an MMA forum!

GH xxx

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleWCGuy View Post
    Either way, I am sure that it is incorrect. Therefore, it's best that you don't talk about it. It's clear that you have no understanding of what science is. It would only be the comedic icing on the cake to hear your explanation of Newton's Third Law.
    You're a funny guy! Maybe you should try stand up and leave the kung fu out! You may want to change your tag as well because if you are humble then I am Ghandi!

GH

Anything can be explained using science. Wsl said it wasn't a art as art is subjective to the person meaning some can like it some don't. His idea was it was a science as it could be tested as in if I beat you then I was better.

Quote Originally Posted by bennyvt View Post
    Anything can be explained using science. Wsl said it wasn't a art as art is subjective to the person meaning some can like it some don't. His idea was it was a science as it could be tested as in if I beat you then I was better.
    Well Mr Humble seems to know better! Maybe we can learn something off him as he knows more than WSL it seems. Maybe I will become his student but fist I need a degree in nonsensness!! LOL

GH

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    Well Mr Humble seems to know better! Maybe we can learn something off him as he knows more than WSL it seems. Maybe I will become his student but fist I need a degree in nonsensness!! LOL

GH
    Try getting a "degree" in not going back during basic two man exercises - a basic TCMA principle.

For whatever its worth, most, if not all kung fu styles are scientific. Some may not understand the particular science that is applied, but that is a whole different story...

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    For whatever its worth, most, if not all kung fu styles are scientific. Some may not understand the particular science that is applied, but that is a whole different story...
    It's psudo-science. The study of things like chi are akin to paranormal psychology. Simple use of instruments, apparently scientific description, and terminology associated with science does not make something scientific.

Science is a method for falsifying hypotheses in order to create parsimonious theories to describe phenomenon. Describing your martial arts activities in terms of Newton's laws or quantum mechanics is not scientific. Becoming a science first requires a hypothesis and reasonable ways to test them.

I have to agree with humble. Science is a methodology.

If you say WC is effective and come up with some evidence to back up your statement you have met the burden of proof from a common sense perspective or even a legal perspective. You have failed miserably from a scientific perspective. You have to follow the protocol for it to be called scientific.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by m1k3 View Post
    I have to agree with humble. Science is a methodology.

If you say WC is effective and come up with some evidence to back up your statement you have met the burden of proof from a common sense perspective or even a legal perspective. You have failed miserably from a scientific perspective. You have to follow the protocol for it to be called scientific.

I'm entitled to my opinion as you are yours. I like WSL's way of thinking......not yours!! That goes for Hardwa*k108, HumbleJumbleGuy as well!

Toodle pip!

GH