Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: If Death were involved...

live to fight another day is also important

you fight

you win and you also lose.

chu ba wang or xiang yu was too proud

he lost his hometown/home village soldiers and was defeated by han xin.

there were fishermen with boats. he may return to his home town by crossing the river wu.

but he was too proud. he always won. he may not accept the fact that he may also lose.

so he killed himself by the wu jiang.

--

so the question

brave enough to accept defeat

or brave enough to end one's own life

--

as a leader, your life is no longer yours. you have to consider your people and your followers.

on the other hand, yue wang gou jian may taste gallbladder/biles and sleep on firewood

or live in shame but he avenged himself and recovered his kingdom at the end

--

the q is

you want to be chu ba wang or yue wang?

--
    Last edited by SPJ; 08-10-2011 at 11:50 AM.

every fight u ever engage in should be considered,life and death. someone is always getting killed in a fight,that "they didnt mean to happen" or "didnt mean to kill him"
    u could slip and fall and hit ur head on the concrete and die.all fights are dangerous,regaurdless of your sill,murphys law comes into effect. many bar fights have ended up like this.look at the post m.k. made about the "mma" kid who got killed.
    1 of my teachers told me"it is better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"
    avoid fighting if u can as it proves nothing unless u or you wife or family or friend are being attacked or u think u are going to be attacked,(we can do this in ky. it is a pre-emptive law,if i feel threatened i can attack u and neutralize u b4 u attack) then fight like your life depends on it,because it just may.
    this is where skil sets come in.

Intent dictates result.
    I wouldn't fight any different, but the intent and as such the result would be very different.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

i think it can be difficult to work in society like that. if i always treat every confrontation as life or death, i would definately end up in prison. being able to ascertain when you actually need to react with a live or die mindset/attitude is key. I understand that philosophy, and to a degree agree, but not to the maxiumum on reaction or attack.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

In this scenario are you allowed to invite demons into your body pre fight?

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Intent dictates result.
    I wouldn't fight any different, but the intent and as such the result would be very different.
    would you be promted to draw a weapon immediately upon coming to the conclusion that you are in a live or die confrontation?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    In this scenario are you allowed to invite demons into your body pre fight?
    yes. demon infused berzerkers are always rewarded in blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    would you be promted to draw a weapon immediately upon coming to the conclusion that you are in a live or die confrontation?
    No.
    Life is sacred and the taking of a life is something that will be with us forever.

Kind of unclear about the rules or conditions about the topic starter (other than that someone dies). Not really a game I would ever choose to play.

But, hypothetically, assuming there are no conditions, overwhelming surprise attack would be the preferred method, preferably with allies, preferably before the other even knows about 'the fight' (it's all in The Art of War )--'course then it wouldn't be a fight, it'd be an assassination.

And if there are rules...well, I wouldn't be involved so I'll stay out of that.

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    Fighting to the death? I would definitely build up an immunity to iocane powder.

demonic possession improves combat efficiency by 200%.

and you can get out of court easy by claiming insanity

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    No.
    Life is sacred and the taking of a life is something that will be with us forever.
    so at what point would you feel purposefully making intent to take a life is required? is that when more than your own life is at stake? what do you do when you may be in a situation where ascum bag has a good chance at murdering you for your wallet, do you let him murder you? say for instance you are on vacation in venzuela and you are the target of a knife murder mugging? and what of people with families...ya its just your life, but then your family depends on you and will be heavily effected if you die...i understand you feel all life is equal, but sometimes i think some peoples lives are not equal.

honest inquiry i just want to know how your brain works on this one.

people who seriously brag about how they would kill someone in self defence never killed anything bigger than a fly.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    so at what point would you feel purposefully making intent to take a life is required? is that when more than your own life is at stake? what do you do when you may be in a situation where ascum bag has a good chance at murdering you for your wallet, do you let him murder you? say for instance you are on vacation in venzuela and you are the target of a knife murder mugging? and what of people with families...ya its just your life, but then your family depends on you and will be heavily effected if you die...i understand you feel all life is equal, but sometimes i think some peoples lives are not equal.

honest inquiry i just want to know how your brain works on this one.
    When your life and the life of another person are in danger and you have no other choice but to kill, then you have no other choice ( allowing yourself or another to be killed not being an option).
    But you didn't ask me that, you asked me:

Allow me to expand:
    Just because you believe that your life is in danger, doesn't mean you can draw a weapon ( I assume you mean a deadly one like a knife or gun).
    Of course IF by "coming to the conclusion" you mean the attacker draws a knife or gun then I would think that we are justified to do the same.
    Which doesn't equal killing.
    Incapacitation first and if no other option, death.
    BUT death is not something to be talked about as lightly as some tend to do.
    Like I said, it stays with you forever.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    people who seriously brag about how they would kill someone in self defence never killed anything bigger than a fly.
    There is much wisdom in that and the other type of person that peaks rather "easily" about killing is, well, someone with very little regards about life.

Old saying is, if you can't fix it, don't break it.
    It applies to MA also.