Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Matsuda's monkey dvds

It is sad that on his website he makes no mention of the man who brought him to where he is today. He rode the coattails of his teacher, then dumped him.

Though without the articles Matsuda wrote, few would have heard of Paulie Zink either.

Once again martial politics rears its ugly head.
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!

Yeah, I found that interesting....

Quote Originally Posted by Mulong View Post
    He is definitely Paulie Zink's student: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNDMMfN6zks

Then why is he putting him down?
    maybe he realized that Zink's story is completely bogus, too many people know it to be bogus and he'd better distance himself from it
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

But yet continue to sell his special brand of tripe anyways? You'd think he'd just quit and sell something else.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    maybe he realized that Zink's story is completely bogus, too many people know it to be bogus and he'd better distance himself from it
    I think Chan Sau Chung - THE monkey king and current Head of the Da Sheng Pi Gua Kung Fu (Tai Sheng Pek Kwar) set us all straight about this some years ago.

Bottom line. I would take a pass on pretty much most if not all offerings from these guy.

In some societies it is considered ok to lay low and start up again.
    Some people don't lay low long enough in my opinion.

And that's pretty much where it's at.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    I think Chan Sau Chung - THE monkey king and current Head of the Da Sheng Pi Gua Kung Fu (Tai Sheng Pek Kwar) set us all straight about this some years ago.
    Several times I have posted the ENTIRE Zink story. One of my hing-dai is the person that got all three of Chan Sau Chung's books for Zink and gave it to him. Before that Zink knew nothing about the Dai Sing Pek Gwa system

After Zink got the books, his history suddenly got in line with the Chan Sau Chung books, but it was worse, in Zink's books he actually COPIED pics and diagrams from the Chan books

There is even more to this story, but that is the short of it

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

We know that Zink is a phony; who claim to fame came from competing at Ed Parker’s Long Beach International Karate Championships which led to getting a book published by IKF and then Panthers videos, as David well know that they were a joke; they were a product of bad Shaw Brothers’ movies meets the open circuit hijinks. However, what is so funny is that Matsuda discredit Zink, not by name, but with his well known personal; however, the irony is that he posted an IKF cover that consisted of both of them back in the days.

But sadly, Chan Shifu isn’t totally honest about the style either; very few individuals ever learn the monkey sets, and if they do- it seems to be only one set.

Question, are they actually set or simply theories/techniques pieced together in improvisation routine?

But sadly, Chan Shifu isn’t totally honest about the style either; very few individuals ever learn the monkey sets, and if they do- it seems to be only one set.

How much kung fu has died because teachers kept it secret? I've heard TONS of stories about this. I suspect that at least HALF of what was of value died in the past 100 years from teachers not wanting to give away the "good stuff"

So true! Within the last 30 years so much has been lost; they are few elders left, who knew what was "real deal," and sadly a lot them kept it themselves.

I suspect that at least HALF of what was of value died in the past 100 years from teachers not wanting to give away the "good stuff"
    this is not true. there are traditional styles teaching 8 , 13, techniques total. more is not better

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Well, you know a lot about me, I wandered around with CTS and the conversations about things that we would have......

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    this is not true. there are traditional styles teaching 8 , 13, techniques total. more is not better
    Yes and no....

problem #1 is everyone is looking for the "secrets" and forget that strong basics is really the style

BUT, there ARE some things that are being lost rapidly, because no one is teaching them

the things lost are hardly "secrets"

from shaolin 20 questions and answers, dodging and evading is a secret skill in hung ga. that explains why these days southern kung fu teaches everybody to stand still and try to bridge.secret? no. stupid cantonese? yes.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

I have studied with Chan Sifu. He told me that I would have to learn all of the Pek Kwar system before I could learn any of the "REAL" monkey sets.

How much kung fu has died because teachers kept it secret? I've heard TONS of stories about this. I suspect that at least HALF of what was of value died in the past 100 years from teachers not wanting to give away the "good stuff"
    I heard many stories but this one comes to mind: Master Marr of the Mi Tsung Lohan style took 75 forms to his grave. On his death bed he stated regretting not giving them out but he felt no one deserved at the time.

ginosifu

Ginosifu, if I may ask, did you go to Chan Shifu with intent to learn Tai Shing, or the Piquaquan?