Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Matsuda's monkey dvds

Like David stated: the basic. I became conscious of primary movements when I got my tush handed back to me by a good exponent of karate/kickboxing, who was my friend's student. My friend was cool about it- he didn't put down CMA as not being good, but simply told me that I should focus on the basic of each element of fighting which would be the four attacks: striking, kicking, seizing, and throwing.

Sadly, CMA stylist spend to much time on secondary, and tertiary theories/techniques that may never work in an actual situation, especially with no good foundation which is gain from good basics.

The secret is simply- practice the basics; however, some of the secondary and tertiary concepts are valid and should be preserve.

The "secrets" are chi blasts that blow up chickens but they do exist

But they exist at all high levels

You don't think Dan Gable has ways of setting up and doing a double leg that is better than the local high school wrestling coach?

Wrestling is the PERFECT EXAMPLE

What works in high school doesn't work at the college level

A junior college guy gets OWNED by a division 2 wrestler

A division one wrestler own Div 2

All Americans, or NCAA Div 1 champions, or Olympians, world champions, whole different level

But, ironically, different level of SAME TECHNIQUES
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

the difference is chinese secrets keep the student from being able to fight period.

chinese secret is so secret the students dont know how to hold a fighting stance

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

So true...

I don't always agree with John wang, and I know tons of people get turned off by some of his posts, but if you read them carefully you'll see info he got directly from Chang Dung Sheng which makes the entire difference whether something works or not

It has nothing to do with "internal" or "chi" or even with techniques no one has seen, they have to do with the SAME TECHNIQUES EVERYONE IS LEARNING

What angle dose my foot have to be, where am I in relation to the person being throw, in what direction am I throwing him, where is my grip, is my grip pulling pushing lifting or sinking?

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

LoL, the myth of Qi; never ending, especially that it has been proven countless of time it doesn't exist in real-time, i.e., fighting.

you are 100% right david ross.

i think the biggest irony is in mma there are knockouts with flying kicks. and mma fighters have very rooted and stable footwork that kung fu guys always mention but can never get to work.

the only way to make kung fu work is to not train kung fu.
    Last edited by bawang; 08-11-2011 at 09:43 AM.

What is an "MMA technique"?

Where does it come from?

TCMA is supposed to be the most advanced and complete art/tradition in the world

So doesn't it have these techniques?

You think in 5000 years no one in China learned how to use their knees or elbows (that is only "Thai boxing")?

No one in all of China ever wrestled, or tripped or swept someone?

Oh! YOU DO HAVE THOSE TECHNIQUES! Well, why can't you use them?

Do you think if you stand in your horse stance one year longer your fighting skill will improve?

Or maybe if you learn the next form?

Original Lion's Roar NO FORMS

Hop Ga, three forms

"Natural style" NO FORMS

Wing Chun three forms

Hung Ga, originally two fighting forms, one internal set

But no one sees it today, why?

we need to stop doing forms, then kung fu will be saved

i can see the light david ross, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Mulong View Post
    Ginosifu, if I may ask, did you go to Chan Shifu with intent to learn Tai Shing, or the Piquaquan?
    I just wanted to learn the Monkey sets

ginosifu

Ginosifu, thank you for the reply; I’m honestly curious how it felt being misled. Usually one goes to a well known shifu searching for some particular skill or form, but what happens when it isn’t taught? In your case I gather, you walked away, but what happens to the rest that get led on for years for something they may never get.

The worst part- his Piguaquan curriculum isn’t small.

Ginosifu, thank you for the reply; I’m honestly curious how it felt being misled. Usually one goes to a well known shifu searching for some particular skill or form, but what happens when it isn’t taught? In your case I gather, you walked away, but what happens to the rest that get led on for years for something they may never get.

You are right.... 128 forms I think, if remember correctly.

ginosifu

according to YC Wong, who learned from Gan Duk Hoi (Chan Sau Jung's sifu)

everyone had to learn Pek Gwa as base before learning the monkey sets

it was THREE hand sets, one dou (broadsword), a spear set

Gan had ONE black tiger set, I think it came from his wife or his sifu's wife (?)

Today I understand they say in Chan's organization there are like 25 pek gwa/pu qua sets

How'd that happen?

In this day in age that is simply crazy!

How long did you trained?

Quote Originally Posted by ginosifu View Post
    You are right.... 128 forms I think, if remember correctly.

ginosifu
    wow, I walked away from the wu lin in the 1990's and back then it was only around 25

now it's 120ish!

the kung fu system grew 500% in just 20 years, that's "astounding"