Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Relativity

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Who, according to taai, get sweaty balls from doing our sisters.
    Sick *******.
    oh i was mistaken, i thought he meant his own sister...
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    no one is arguing, we are simply discussing as mature gentlemen.

I know, I know...hahaha... I just want to make sure that I am mistaken for a TROLL or something...lol

I read most of the threads and comment on some... I try to be respectful of other people's opinions (and their delusions for that matter...lol) and express my thoughts on certain subjects
    Tom
    Integrated Kung Fu Academy
    Kung Fu - Kickboxing - MMA -Self Defense
    Media, PA -Delaware County

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    oh i was mistaken, i thought he meant his own sister...
    What's his sister look like?

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    I concur that if someone wants to learn whatever it my be than so be it. I have no issue with that. It's someone trying to teach someone else something that will probably get them killed instead of saving there life that I take issue with. If you are shoving pickles up your butt in a stately manner and practiced proceedure then by all means do so but don't try to teach someone else.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    What's the different between a scholar and a TCMA guy?

When a scholar tries to answer 10 questions in exam, if he has problem on Q3, he can skip it and works on Q4. After he has finished Q10, he can then go back to work on Q3.

When a guy stabs his dagger at a TCMA guy's chest, he had only 1/10 second to response. He will never have the 2nd chance like the scholar has.
    agreed to a certain degree

yes, fighting is a brief moment thing. we have to be razor sharp both in excution of movement and thinking/analysis.

scholars may have all time they need to revisit the same Q,

but a fighter would also review his or her fights afterwards but not at the moment.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    this reminds me of the story of red leaf team

they were little league baseball team from taiwan.

there was no budget for these kids

they have to make shift or make do

they bat at used tires hanging from trees

to get right posture and swing at tires

why, there are not enough baseballs for every one to practice

there were not enough mittens either

so every one takes turns to use the mitten to catch

--

they won the little league world series

I watched them live on black and white tv (I had to wake up in early morning)

they won taiwan national game, far east game beating Japan (with all the nicety of balls and mittens and professional career in the horizon/future)

they won world series in US.

--

good tale to tell anyone or any niece

--

hong ye or the spirit of red leave

--

they got to keep their uniforms and shoes/socks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA-b0GGNmSE

in 1968, bare foot red leave team defeated Japan in little league.

Thumbs up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC-sVXdhmxY

legend of bare foot red leave baseball team.

I think a better sport analogy of MA would be;

There are a group of guys who enjoy playing tennis together. They are very good at it. Then some group of guys come along and challenge them to a game of soccer. The guys who played soccer then laughed at them because they kept smacking the ball over the net with their hands, breaking a rule and scoring no points.

What the soccer guys didn't realise is that if they tried to play tennis they would keep trying to kick a ball which is too small to be kicked and hit it into the net which would score them no points.

What neither of them realise is that they both suck at basketball.

A wing Chun guy would get hurt in an octagon, an MMA guy would get whipped at Chi Sao, Both would get destroyed in a TKD kick-off. Want to compare their kung fu in real life? See who has a better life. WHo is happier, a better person, who knows themself. MA is to improve your whole life, not to be good at a sport.

No matter how good at fighting you get, someone will have the ability to beat you, its like rock paper scissors, no one is strongest. (except me)
    Last edited by RenDaHai; 08-11-2011 at 10:14 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RenDaHai View Post
    MA is to improve your whole life, not to be good at a sport.
    Why not have both? You can compete as much as you can when you are young. After you are too old to compete, you will have the rest of your life to "improve your whole life". TCMA can give you combat, fun, and health. Without fun (sport), the TCMA will not be "complete".
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 08-11-2011 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    would you not say there is a big difference between piano and MA's in general and the 2 are not very compatible for comparison? I can understand your point of view but there is a difference between getting beat in the face and playing a piano in my books. just my 2 cents though.
    The pressure involved in not blowing a performance and not blowing it in sparring is remarkably similar, assuming similar levels of pride in the specific undertaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    The pressure involved in not blowing a performance and not blowing it in sparring is remarkably similar, assuming similar levels of pride in the specific undertaking.
    Pressures, yes, the same, hardly

All you need to focus on in forms is YOURSELF

In a fight, you have to focus on the other guy and the other guy can increasingly make you worse

edit: ok you said "sparring" but it is still true, it is just MORE pressure in a real fight
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

LOL! People don't lose consciousness when they "blow" a form.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Somehow, I can't picture someone struggling, like I did, not to vomit and **** themselves when their fight or flight instincts kick in about 2 minutes before a fight.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    need I or anyone else say more!

and this is not talking about sparring. There is a difference between sparring and going out in front of people and fighting full tilt.
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Why not have both? You can compete as much as you can when you are young. After you are too old to compete, you will have the rest of your life to "improve your whole life". TCMA can give you combat, fun, and health. Without fun (sport), the TCMA will not be "complete".
    most are there for health and fitness

only a few are there for the fight.

even then, fight career is brief

"we may lose fights

but do not lose health".

so they said.