Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Relativity

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    I had met a friend yesterday that I haven't seen him for 15 years. When we talked about CMA, I realized that we took complete different paths.

What my friend is working on are how to:

- let the bone to pull the tendon, let the tendon to pull the muscle, ...
    - develop from heel up all the way to the head.
    - develop body pushes arm and body chases arm.

In other words, Everything that he has tried to develop is to target "himself".

What I'm working on are how to:

- delievery pain on my opponent's body.
    - destroy my opponent balance.

In other words, Everything that I have tried to develop is to target "my opponent". When I train TCMA, health will never be my concern.

I truly don't know whether I belong to the main stream or my friend belongs to the main stream.
    both are important

but to strengthen your body and keep your health. is always the prime thing for me.

--

Quote Originally Posted by omarthefish View Post
    JC's kung fu flix in 1970s. they did not fly for him and many other. since bruce lee dominated the 1970s.

so in 1980s, JC tried stunts and some comedies. at his heart, he always wanted to be a comedian like bob hope to make people laugh and happy/ he is also anti war.

"war what it good for? absolutely nothing"

police story, he hit it big, with all the dare devil stunts--

he only needed one or 2 movies.

but it became a trade or bad habits. he just kept on making more stunt movie and injured himself repeatedly.

so the reporters stopped asking him where you were injured

they started to ask him where you are not injured?

--

even thou there are 10 disciples. but no one will try all the stunts he did over the years. all of his disciples are fine and dandy, I do not think any one of them will injure him self at all or not even a scratch or losing a hair sort of. they all want the dreams of being a mega star but not the hardwork---

JC is making his 100th movie for general huang xin. the story about republican revolution 100 years ago.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    Tai. I get what your saying, I do. But to me there is major differences in the emotional meter we are talking about. We are almost talking about going back to a primal state when you enter into a full tilt fight.
    I get what you're saying, it sounds like good common sense, but I don't think it bears out measurably, specifically because, as modern humans, we tend to link what you are describing as primal states to totally non-relevant experiences in anything but the abstract sense.

In short, if you aren't puking before your performance, you probably aren't experiencing the same level of pressure as someone who is. You are measuring pressure by the subject, but it would probably be more reliable to measure pressure by the symptoms, right?

As an aside, I know a couple guys who lost fights because, among other factors, they didn't feel enough pressure. And then lost more fights for the same reason. Their opponents came in geared up, and they came in somewhat absent.

Further demonstrating that we link up primal responses in totally irrational ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    wait...are you telling me taixuquan99 is kc elbows?
    KC Elbows likes it when I use my left hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    KC Elbows likes it when I use my left hand.
    thats just cuz all the sword calluses on your right hand chafe.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    thats just cuz all the sword calluses on your right hand chafe.
    That, and my left arm is a thalidomide arm, so he feels like he's with Herve Villechaize on Fantasy Island.

He's always asking me to introduce him to Khan.

if ever there was TMI...that was it
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

how come ray cant post a thread on horse stance ?? im crying on the inside.

just went to sports authority

they have nice training tools for baseball.

a hitting stand and a fake bat/practice bat

talking about practicing baseball by your self or alone.

there are also things that we may practice MA alone.

not to say partner training is not necessary.