Page 15 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Green Dragon Studios

Very well said, David.

My own personal opinion is: condition for what I do, what I am.
    And thats a martial artist.
    Good post David

www.noweightsworkout.com

DJ,
    Sifu and I have spoken on this very topic and he says he has not given you any tapes of GD, nor has he had any. Some students of his gave him some tapes to share with members of the kwoon who were interested in various types of styles, lineages, etc. There was possibly a tape with Bagua from a San Francisco practioner but definately nothing from GD.
    You must have gotten that source from someone else.
    A unique snowflake

ok then, I guess i'm just insane then.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho
    The set training which incluse single move sole drills and double men drills are only 50% of the training. The other 50% training is the equipment training that people don't do much in todays environment. Without equipment training, your moves can only work against average opponents but not against strong opponents.
    True dat. Although, I don't know about the percentages, set training is not the only part of training in solid kungfu styles.

wp- fwiw, the tapes i got from your sifu used to belong to chaz, but they all have the same tapes or exchanged them with one another in his "inner circle". The tapes he gave me were inclusive of green dragon bagua tapes and have sifu Allen on them giveing the instruction himself. They do not have some guy from san fran, these are GD tapes. I have a few others from the collection as well. Don't really use em but they got some useful stuff on em to be sure.

They are not from "some other source" so please don't imply that I am delusional. lol But believe what you like.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson
    True dat. Although, I don't know about the percentages, set training is not the only part of training in solid kungfu styles.

wp- fwiw, the tapes i got from your sifu used to belong to chaz, but they all have the same tapes or exchanged them with one another in his "inner circle". The tapes he gave me were inclusive of green dragon bagua tapes and have sifu Allen on them giveing the instruction himself. They do not have some guy from san fran, these are GD tapes. I have a few others from the collection as well. Don't really use em but they got some useful stuff on em to be sure.

They are not from "some other source" so please don't imply that I am delusional. lol But believe what you like.
    Well, I have not posted here for over 14 months and for good reason with the multitude of...well, lets just leave it at that...but I now find myself having to post again because of inaccuracies.

David...the tapes I gave you were not from Chaz but were donated to the kwoon by Bob who could no longer practice kung fu due to a heart condition...I am sure you remember him (Bob and Neil collected the tapes on the whole and I think they made some copies for Chaz)...the so called 'inner circle' you refer to were three guys who knew each other from their place of employment and being my students. But there was no 'inner circle' as in the kwoon/kung fu sense.

I know for a fact there were NO green dragon tapes because Bob showed them all to me so I could make sure they would be decent enough for students to view other styles and lineages...so the GD tapes you have were received from someone else or you bought them yourself and you have confused the matter.

At the time, I asked you if you would like to have the tapes because I thought you would enjoy them and because you had done a number of things for the kwoon and myself and being close at the time I thought you would genuinely like to have them. You said you would very much like to and so I gave them to you in appreciation.
    There were some tapes on northern shaolin from WTN productions, some from Living treasures of china, some on Tai chi (do not know where from) and others..I think perhaps there was one on bagua from a Sifu Jerry Alan Johnson...and come tho thnk of it...this must be where your confusion lies...in the similarity of the names...BUT none were from gd nor were there any tapes with a Sifu Allen from gd in them. If there were I would not have to post this...
    I have never seen any of the gd tapes. But, it is usually nice to view other styles and others expression of a style (when it is good) either by video or in person.

Now that I have had to break my fast from this forum by posting...back to fasting.

Sifu W.C.
    ...ask for Kam
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Fool me once, then shame on you. Fool me twice, then shame on me"

sifu wes-

I stand corrected on my sifu allen vs sifu johnson error. But these tapes all begin with "Ching Lung" logo and the sifu presenting says at the beginning states he is representing "Green Dragon association".

So, as we both know, Green Dragon is seemingly a well used name for Kungfu associations. I suppose this is yet another Green Dragon school then and therein lies the confusion.

Otherwise, I wish that all is well with you.
    regards
    David
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson
    sifu wes-

I stand corrected on my sifu allen vs sifu johnson error. But these tapes all begin with "Ching Lung" logo and the sifu presenting says at the beginning states he is representing "Green Dragon association".

So, as we both know, Green Dragon is seemingly a well used name for Kungfu associations. I suppose this is yet another Green Dragon school then and therein lies the confusion.

Otherwise, I wish that all is well with you.
    regards
    David
    Well thank goodness we cleared that issue up! I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say it's a tremendous relief that the whole world knows where those tapes came from!

wad

10 character limit is frustrating
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Green Dragon (Chicago, not Sifu Allen in Ohio)

Anyone know anything about this school?

I found this on their website.

A newly completed three year Instructor Training Program (ITP) includes acupuncture, acupressure, traditional Chinese herbology. Also Chinese combat weapon training, guest lecturers and various presentations of other Asian Fighting Arts. Successful completion of the ITP is by participating in our secret (closed door) Blood Matches which are exclusive to Chi Tao Chuan Gung-Fu for the Instructor Certificate of Rank to be awarded.
    My friend says he knows someone who says they used to train there and it was all hardcore and they had kumites and stuff.

Is this the group that got into it with Count Dante or some other organization or something and some students got killed?

Their website talks about killing people and stuff.

So, are they legit? Can they fight? Are they a cult? All the normal questions.
    Last edited by IronFist; 10-27-2005 at 10:57 PM.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Yes they are real.

Yes they are the school that Count Dante foolishly stormed... and got his best friend killed and himself tossed in jail for it. (Where he died)

Thier system is probably a form of Bando or a Bando/CMA hybrid. It is not the most sophisticated system, but yeah, they can fight.

Back in the day these guys played real hard. I don't know any of the current ones or what they are up to.

They certainly acted like a cult. I wento check them out once, and they tried all kinds of cheesy loyalty/mind tricks. They spy on you too. Funny stuff.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

[QUOTE=MonkeySlap Too]Yes they are real.

and got his best friend killed and himself tossed in jail for it. (Where he died)
    QUOTE]

As a Count Dante aficionado, he did not die in jail. He died in his apartment of bleeding ulcers. He was never charged for that crime.

MST you may be thinking of Mitose of Kempo fame.

I think I was just misinformed on that point.

He still got his buddy killed tho...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

How do they spy on you? wtf?
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Crazy chinese chi gung invisibility technique?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Found this on a Google search....Gee I feel like MK now

Dante was charged with attempted arson when he and an accomplice (while under the influence of alcohol) were arrested while taping dynamite caps to a rival Chicago dojo. Dante explained this as the result of a disagreement with the dojo's owner over payment for a tournament that Dante had arranged there. The various enmities culminated in the Dojo War incident of 1970 where Dante and some of his students went to a rival dojo of the Green Cobra Hall. According to press release, upon entering the school, they claimed to be police officers and attacked the rival dojo's students. The brief battle resulted in the death of one of Dante's friends and fellow sensei, Jim Koncevic. As a result of this incident, Dante became much more subdued in his activities.

Count Dante died in his sleep of internal hemorrhaging caused by a bleeding ulcer on May 25, 1975.
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching