Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Green Dragon Studios

I got a basic "training manual" when I started... it's just three pages of basic opening warm-up schtuff. We keep our own manuals/notebooks in the school... we're expected to bring a notebook, and since we learn forms step-by-step, we write them down in there, and it becomes our own personal manual. I think that's what you mean, right?

I have a handout that Sifu Allen typed up outlining the 1,000 reps program, if I could only find where I put it.

Hey, I'm going to the school tonight to get some information on this nutritional company that the Sifu likes, so I'll see what I can do, if y'all are interested.

I have many tapes from him. I like his approach.

He belives a good big man will beat a good small man. His strengthening tapes are good.

if you have been thinking of buying his tapes I reccomend them.

cool I was looking at getting some tapes from Green Dragon...was wondering how good they were...thanks guys
    vea victis

Which Green Dragon? The Chi Tao Chuan Green Dragon of the Count Dante days?

say what?
    vea victis

I dont own any of the beginner ones. but the advanced ones are very good. The forms are not show forms they are actual combat forms and the technique breakdown is excellent.

If you get them and show up at your school doing these techniques people will be impressed.

they are not the end all of information, but they are good.

Yes. The Green Dragon Society of Chicago that was involved in the Great Dojo wars with Count Dante (John Keehan).

well the one I'm thinking of is in Ohio I believe
    vea victis

Ching Lung

Just wanted for clarify to anyone interested;

The "Green Dragon Kung Fu Group" in Canada was so named by Master Wong Cheun Yip of Toisan, China, and carried into Canada by Master (Mark) Chan Yin Wah of Edmonton, in the 1960's. The name has special connotations (cultural and martial) which reflect the flavour of the style. We have schools across Canada and the United States. The school's name is still used as such in China.

As Kung Lek pointed out, there are several schools which also use this name in the United States, but are entirely unrelated and unaffiliated.

Just a caution in terms of "extension" groups.

Thank you, Ao Qin

Hey guys, originally he meant Green Dragon STUDIO in Ohio. This was given away by the reference to Sifu Allen.

Seriously now, someone send me a copy of this manual.

IronFist
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Green Dragon Studios in Ohio....
    that is the one.

Anyway, I bought the two tape lecture series with John Allen and in that he mentions a training manual. I'm seeking information about it. I'm not sure if it is okay to ask him directly. I'm not sure about what he expects in terms of protocol with extension family etc.
    "Grow through Pain." - Tainan Mantis

We had a green dragon black belt join our school for a year. All she was interested in was forms and she was petrified of sparring with anyone even though everyone she sparred with had good control and would not hurt her.

From her I got the impression that Green Dragon was interested in taking anything they could from authentic Kung Fu schools and claiming it under Green Dragon. I hope this is the wrong impression, because I wasn't impressed. We had so much more to offer that she wasn't interested it. In the words of a great many great people, she limited herself with self-doubt and lack of faith.

Oh well, I still learned a lot from her as I hope I will learn from everyone who walks through the doors of my school.
    Got Lineage?

Joe Mantis, check your PM's.

IronFist

AO QIN- i train at green dragon in edmonton. you train at thewinnipeg kwoon i assume?
    - one of my instructors as got some nasty e-mails from people who thought he was involved with some other "green dragon"

Joe check your PM again...

IronFist