Page 56 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 LastLast

Thread: Green Dragon Studios

Quote Originally Posted by Joecjr409 View Post
    I have a copy of one of Richard Pitts books if anyone is interested in copying it or taking a look at it .You can contact me here with your email
    Richard and I were friends in the middle 1980's and trained together a few times. I have all three of his books.
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!

Quote Originally Posted by IronWeasel View Post
    Yep.

Most of the Shuai Chiao competitors went out to 'Gusto', for dinner afterwards. Make sure you join us next time.

I don't compete I'm just a spectator lol. Hoping to join a school soon though

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I thought that was the BLACK dragon society?
    You are correct. I think it's Black Dragon Fighting Society.

They were rivals with the Green Dragon Society.

I had a Google suggestion of "Count Dante Green Dragon Society" so I assumed it was his. I should do more research before I post.

I think BDFS sued Ashida Kim because he was using their logo or name or something on his website like 10 years ago.

Once again, for clarification:

Green Dragon Studios = Ohio, Sifu Allen http://www.greendragonkungfu.com/

Green Dragon Society = Chicago, rivals with Black Dragon Fighting Society http://www.greendragonsociety.com/

Black Dragon Fighting Society = Chicago, Counte Dante (John Keehan), rivals with Green Dragon Society http://www.theblackdragonfightingsociety.com/
    Last edited by I Hate Ashida Kim; 09-14-2012 at 04:17 PM.
    "If Ashida wished you to know his real name, I am sure he would write to you and tell you himself." --Danny Sainty

"So, you supposed martial artists, what are you trining for? Who are you training to fight? Apparently no one. Because even in a hypothetical situation, you puss out, Ha! Ha!" --Ashida Kim

What I want to know is, how did he get proper training in ALL these different forms from very divergent styles?

http://www.greendragonkungfu.com/formsindex.asp
    "God gave you a brain, and it annoys Him greatly when you choose not to use it."

Why don't you ask him?

Why are you asking questions on a forum when they should be directed to Shifu John Allen?

Their website is here: http://www.greendragonkungfu.com/

Contact them at: support@greendragonkungfu.com
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Quote Originally Posted by I Hate Ashida Kim View Post
    You are correct. I think it's Black Dragon Fighting Society.

They were rivals with the Green Dragon Society.

I had a Google suggestion of "Count Dante Green Dragon Society" so I assumed it was his. I should do more research before I post.

Green Dragon Society = Chicago, rivals with Black Dragon Fighting Society http://www.greendragonsociety.com/

Black Dragon Fighting Society = Chicago, Counte Dante (John Keehan), rivals with Green Dragon Society http://www.theblackdragonfightingsociety.com/
    Quite intriguing:

Third in the series, this DVD is full of action sequences illustrating controlling power over a foe. This and each future instructional DVD in this series will concentrate upon an aspect of control previously touched upon or not yet even mentioned in earlier Controlling Moves DVDs.
    This advanced training lesson includes the 'Distance Factor' in combat. A subject not previously discussed, although it has been repeatedly shown without comment.
    Historically, what would become known as the Green Dragon Society or the Ch'ing Pang, was utilized by the Ming Dynasty as paid bodyguards to the royal family. They were the Secret Society of the Ming and constantly sent as spies, infiltrators, mercenaries, military commanders or advisors and assassins. The Mantis and Snake Styles were especially skilled as assassins. All members of the Society held rank in both the Ch'ing Pang and the military as officers.
    After the Manchu takeover in the Tsing Dynasty the Greens were out of work and persecuted. From then on the organization worked against the hated Manchu foreigners. The Green Dragon went deep underground and became more even than a Secret Society, they became an invisible power that was feared far and wide even to the very throne. Something that had no substance, yet was everywhere!
    Some Green Dragon Society members worked in those hard times as mercenaries or caravan guards traveling along the ancient Silk Road. Over vast distances, in strange lands, they often learned other martial arts, languages and culture. After years, or even decades of arduous travel, filled with hardship, danger, and adventure, these wandering monks eventually returned to the secret meeting places of the Society with the knowledge they had learned.

The Black Cobra is the "King" of the Snakes. Yet the Python is the "Tiger" of the Snakes. The Python has a lithe strength used in a fluid, dynamic, powerfully swift manner. The Python is a body contact close fighter and wraps his attacks around his foe. This is an internal/external level of fighting Art. T'iao Ho Ch'uan Tao, Animal Systems of Chi Tao Gung-Fu. There are 8 Major Animal Systems in Chi Tao. There are 8 Sub-Styles for each Animal Style.
    The coiling Python is the Master of take downs, locks and holds, specializing in arm break controls of intense agony. The Python uses paralyzing and incapacitating strikes to vital points. The Master of strangulation, suffocation and brain oxygen deprivation, the Python creates "shock" in his adversary, followed by circulatory collapse and heart failure. The Python attacks vital points diaphragmatic and solar plexus for respiratory paralysis. The Style uses the most sophisticated, highly advanced neck break moves in the Art of Chi Tao.
    DVD Includes: Extensive explanation of Python Style and movement. Full demonstration and application of Python Style fighting.
    3 Python Forms.
    Forms are complete and traditional Green Dragon mid-level fighting.
    #1 'Crushing Tiger Bone' Deadly powerful form where the attacker drowns to death in his own blood.
    #2 'Python in Mulberry Tree' Throat crushing, strangulation and suffocation Python Form.
    #3 'Encircle Wild Boar' Take down neck snapping, throat crushing, finishing moves.

What should you expect when you study at the Green Dragon Society?
    The Green Dragon Society offers many fields of study at multiple levels. This information is best reviewed on pages listing our Teachings.

We do not allow you to take a "free trial lesson" or view a class. We do not need to prove ourselves to you nor allow you to watch our students practice like "monkeys in a zoo". It is disrespectful to them. If you become a student you will be given the same respect. Students are not a form of advertisement, though they are a living example of our teachings. Within our organization respect and honor are important functions.
    Last edited by Faruq; 09-17-2012 at 10:53 AM.

not so much.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    not so much.
    Does that mean you won't be purchasing any of the instructional DVDs, Dale???!!! I'm pretty sure everyone else here will be, so you'd better get on board quickly, or get left out!

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    Why don't you ask him?

Why are you asking questions on a forum when they should be directed to Shifu John Allen?

Their website is here: http://www.greendragonkungfu.com/

Contact them at: support@greendragonkungfu.com
    That was more a rhetorical question. I know his background and who he learned from and how they have gotten some of their material.
    "God gave you a brain, and it annoys Him greatly when you choose not to use it."

Quote Originally Posted by I Hate Ashida Kim View Post

What the Green Dragon Society's website seems to be describing is the use of spirit possession for their martial arts as Bawang said the Mongolians and Manchurians practiced, but mixed with some Cantonese terms as well.

Green Dragon Studios

Hi, second post here.

I've read around here and elsewhere on Mr. Allen and Chicoine and the Studio.

I have purchased some of the videos Mr. Allen sells. Stone Warrior. 5 Animals. 9 Powers. Teet Sao. Fighting Fundamentals. And 2 other form videos whose name escapes me at present. I have never studied kung fu. I did train in Shaolin Kempo and there is some kung fu like movements in some of it. My primary method and the longest I did continues was boxing. A bit under 5 years amateur. Im in my mid 40's now. And that was long ago.

Anyway, to my eyes I like what I see. They are fit. The people doing the forms look great. The forms look very difficult and appears one would need to be in very good shape to do them. He showcases woman often and they are impressive in forms and Iron Palm breaks as was Mr. Allen.

I currently am doing 9 Powers and certain movements out of 5 Animals. A back and neck injury prevents me from doing certain movements at this time.

Others thoughts on them? Have they changed from the previous post I have read here and elsewhere?

Also, has anyone seen or own the Iron Palm video Mr. Allen and Mr. Chicoine used to sell? I can't find it for sale any place. Can anyone tell me what is on it. Your thought on the methodology used,etc.

Thanks.
    Bill

Welcome to our forum, boxerbilly

It's always best to search first, before posting. We have many topics here that have been discussed for over a decade. Our best resource is our archive. I took the liberty of merging your query with one of our longstanding threads on the topic.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by boxerbilly View Post
    Hi, second post here.

I've read around here and elsewhere on Mr. Allen and Chicoine and the Studio.

I have purchased some of the videos Mr. Allen sells. Stone Warrior. 5 Animals. 9 Powers. Teet Sao. Fighting Fundamentals. And 2 other form videos whose name escapes me at present. I have never studied kung fu. I did train in Shaolin Kempo and there is some kung fu like movements in some of it. My primary method and the longest I did continues was boxing. A bit under 5 years amateur. Im in my mid 40's now. And that was long ago.

Anyway, to my eyes I like what I see. They are fit. The people doing the forms look great. The forms look very difficult and appears one would need to be in very good shape to do them. He showcases woman often and they are impressive in forms and Iron Palm breaks as was Mr. Allen.

I currently am doing 9 Powers and certain movements out of 5 Animals. A back and neck injury prevents me from doing certain movements at this time.

Others thoughts on them? Have they changed from the previous post I have read here and elsewhere?

Also, has anyone seen or own the Iron Palm video Mr. Allen and Mr. Chicoine used to sell? I can't find it for sale any place. Can anyone tell me what is on it. Your thought on the methodology used,etc.

Thanks.
    Bill

Go here:

http://www.greendragonkungfu.com/

Send an email. They sell a few things that aren't listed on the website.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....

Thank you Iron Weasel.

Are you Steve Hamp?
    Last edited by boxerbilly; 01-22-2015 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by boxerbilly View Post
    Thank you Iron Weasel.

Are you Steve Hamp?

No, My name's Mike.

I have never met Steve, although we have corresponded via e-mail, and trained with some of the same people.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....