Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyKingUSA View Post
Akron Friends,
It sounds like we need a reunion! Anyone that is interested, please let me know.

Kal,
I think their fame stemmed from their ads and the fact that they were offering knowledge that many were not. Then stories to IKF were sent in by/about Allen and Chicoine. I cringed when I started seeing stories about Chicoine because everyone in the Akron area knew the kind of character that he was.
One of my kung fu brothers had his school "visited" by some of Chicoine's students. They wanted to fight him. However, my friend was working that particular night and only his students were there. I also had another engagement that night. Those that were there at the next class that I attended probably remember how angry I was when I heard about it. I tried to send a message back to come "visit" my school, but never got a response.
Years later I had a student who was interested in Shuai Jiao. He asked about training with Chicoine. I told him everything that I had heard about him, but he went for an "interview" anyways. After Chicoine bragged to him about sending students to my kung fu brothers' school to beat him up, my student wisely chose not to study with Chicoine and reported what Chicoine had told him. BTW, in case you might question my student's integrity in reporting the events, he is no flunky but rather a superintendant of a local school system.
Sifu Shenk was also visited bytwo of Chicoine's Flunkies one night as he was closing up his Store.
They told him to stop calling himself Mr Kung-Fu....or they would beat him up and wreck his Store/School.

There are numerous other stories I have heard consisting of similiar occurrences and threats...but Sifu Shenk is the only one I know first hand.

Does anyone see a pattern here?????????????????????

Leaving Master Ong after 10 years of sucking him dry of his info...
Getting kicked off the Police Force
Owning a Strip Club
Sending his students to threaten and bully Drunks and other Schools & Teachers

I mean..if it looks like a Duck, Walks like a Duck...etc...

JD