Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Green Dragon Studios

IronFist Guest
    Stone Warrior was one tape when I did it.

Maybe you got something else?

Iron

yenhoi Guest
    One tape, a t-shirt, a notepad, some other literature (flyers?), and two squeeze-ball things that say "Stone Warrior" on it.

:D

strike!

IronFist Guest
    squeeze ball things? ****, I must have gotten ripped off when i ordered it a few years ago.

i want my squeeze balls!!!

Iron

kungfu cowboy Guest
    You know that's illegal in most states!! :p

Kristoffer Guest
    lol

~K~
    "maybe not in combat..... but think of the chicks man, the chicks!"

Fu-Pow Guest
    What is stone warrior?

Fu-Pow

IronFist Guest
    Hang on I will cut part of my post about stone warrior.

I'd bump it, but it's in the wrong forum :P

brb

Nah, actually I'll make it its own topic.

Iron

Polaris Guest

Question about the Green Dragon curriculum and Iron Fist

Does anyone know if the school in Stow teaches Iron Palm/fist/body etc.? It seems like they offer a lot. Also, is there actually an organized process of Iron Fist like there is Iron Palm, or is there only the crude method that Pan uses? I would be interested in it, but I certainly don't want my hand looking like that.

KC Elbows Guest
    I know there's other versions of iron palm then Pan Qing Fu's. Most versions I've seen try to avoid that kind of malformation, but I wouldn't want to get hit with those knuckles, either.

Anyone get a Green Dragon Studios catalog recently?

Dŕmn, I think they must spend too much time training and not enough time checking their mail. The first time I ordered a Green Dragon Studios catalog (in 1998) it came in like 3 weeks. I never got any more catalogs from them, and a few months ago I sent in one of their ads for another catalog and I haven't heard anything yet.

Maybe I píssed them off that one time when I wrote a letter to them years ago asking Sifu Allen a few questions about Stone Warrior. Someone once told me that he personally replies to letters, even if it takes a while. Uh, I guess he's like 3 years behind on answering his letters

Anyway, anyone hear anything from them recently?

Iron
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

All I know is that a few people are starting Iron Palm training soon in the Green Dragon program. I'm not sure if he teaches anything like Iron Fist, etc... I haven't been in the program that long.

Iron Fist is just Iron plam only hitting the mung bean bag (gravel or shot depending on what stage your in) with the fist instead of the open palm. Some schools hit the bag with the back of the hand and then the knuckels and fingers to harden the hitting surface used by a fist. It's nothing special or different. Any Iron Hand system contains it. Infact most of what people call Iron Palm is really the entire Iron Hand system and not just the Iron palm by it self.

RD
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Green Dragon Extension Family

How many of you are Green Dragon extension family members?

Has anyone obtained a copy of the training manual given to students? I'm not sure if it is only available to those students training in house.

How about the 1000 reps program? any info on that?

I think that Sifu Allen lays it on the line and that kung fu is hard work and if one wants good results one must work for it.

I'd be interested if anyone would post their experiences with Green Dragon.

thanks.
    "Grow through Pain." - Tainan Mantis

Green Dragon training manual? Can someone hook me up?

IronFist
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Green Dragon eh?

There are few places that bear this name. Not all o them are related in any way.

Green Dragon is a fairly generic Kung Fu name when you think about it. i can think of three seperate "Green Dragon" schools.
    Come to think of it, black dragon was popular once as well as red dragon, gold dragon and so on.

I myself have been taught "Green Dragon" stuff.

The "tapes" are not the be all and end all of that name, though they do have a fair reputation with the quality of instruction given on their tapes.

peace
    Kung Fu is good for you.