Page 27 of 58 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Green Dragon Studios

You cna't do maximum effort, and be able to perform for any length of time.

Also, without recoverytime, the body will not develop quickly, and will be suseptable to injury. You cannot go 100% 7 days a week, and expect to perform at your full potential. You get more development during rest that you did during the exercises you are resting from.

This has nothig ot do with Chinese, or Western thinking, it's a biological fact that cannot be disputed.
    Sorry, Kemosabe; wrong on all counts. Just another set of 'arguments from ignorance'.

You guys don't know the exceptions because you confine yourselves to the everyday, commonly accepted 'facts' and approaches to training. The old Chinese, thankfully, did not.

Sweet dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by iron tiger View Post
    Of course, what was suggested as an 8 month orientation was not for fighting purposes; it was just about the bare minimum a serious, dedicated, hard-working martial arts student would likely need to do in order to discover for him-or-her self that none of the self-proclaimed 'experts' posting here know a thing about what actually happens to/in your body in training on these things the way one is supposed to (as opposed to how most CMA students wish it were done).
    Since you are also representing yourself to be a "self-proclaimed expert", maybe you could post your resume to provide some substantiation to your claims.

TTT for IT's resume.

Let me translate that request for iron tiger.

How many guys have you beat up in an MMA match?
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Not at all.

Just some verification he has some clue about which he is talking other than being the man behind the curtain selling snake oil.

Competition record in strength sports (he stated he had competed in a variety of athletic events, including powerlifting), background in strength and conditioning, pictures showing the results of his training- those would all give evidence of credibility and could be checked.

However, I'm betting he is just a flabby, out of shape kung fu teacher trying to sell a product that he really has no experience with in terms of actually using.

pictures showing the results of his training
    Very well, then. Here is the most recent relevant photo handy:

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r...manofsteel.jpg

Since you are also representing yourself to be a "self-proclaimed expert"
    Which of course I did not do at all. Guys like GM Chang, Master Ong, etc, are the experts. And Chicoine & Allen and many of their students certainly have a more comprehensive knowledge & experience with real Chinese kung fu than I ever will.

But I do know the difference between you guys' horses[...] and TCMA Shinola.

Quote Originally Posted by iron tiger View Post
    Very well, then. Here is the most recent relevant photo handy:

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r...manofsteel.jpg)
    Yeah, I'd say that looks about right based on the BS you have been spewing.

But I do know the difference between you guys' horses[...] and TCMA Shinola.

Reply]
    Apparently not.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

I used to work in a health club in the Akron area and a young man used to come in and work on his sets that he learned at the Green Dragon Kung Fu group that met at Kent State.

While the young man was very pleasant, and passionate about what he did, he had a very closed mind, and was not very skilled.

He worked very hard at his forms but even after a couple years of seeing him train, he did not get any better. The sets were still very rigid, and lacked power.

Truly I havent seen anyone with significant understanding of how to extract the tactics from the sets and make them actually work come out of that group. Even the students that were self proclaimed "advanced students" were slow and rigid.

There used to be stories going around town about Mr. Allen's "disciples" doing his yard work, house work, etc... Strange...

I would however, if the stories are true... love to find hout how he got them to buy into that deal... I would love to finjd a way to get out of cutting my lawn!

Quote Originally Posted by ekaltenborn View Post
    Even the students that were self proclaimed "advanced students" were slow and rigid.
    Fistly: People who go around 'self proclaiming' about how advanced they are, usually aren't. I hope you haven't based your opinions on some smooth talking beginners. The ranked students that I have observed demonstrated good form and power.

There used to be stories going around town about Mr. Allen's "disciples" doing his yard work, house work, etc... Strange...

I would however, if the stories are true... love to find hout how he got them to buy into that deal... I would love to finjd a way to get out of cutting my lawn!
    Some of this is true. Sifu Allen wanted the students to show respect to their instructors similar to a traditional school in China. Students would volunteer their time to clean up, and maintain the school (just like some people do at their local church). I've heard of this a lot from Karate schools as well.

ok... I tried to be politically correct....apparently you couldnt see through the lines...

most of what I have seen from there is low grade dog**** kung fu...

In my opinion, having a student come to your house and do your chores is simply an exploitation of their naivete.... unethical to say the least.

How can you compare it to a church?...... a martial arts school is nothing like a church....

ok... I tried to be politically correct....apparently you couldnt see through the lines...
    Apparently?? C'mon...you're not gonna turn this into one of THOSE threads are you? Would you like to discuss some content, or just do a little bashing? I can read all of the likes just fine, thanks for asking.

In my opinion, having a student come to your house and do your chores is simply an exploitation of their naivete.... unethical to say the least.

How can you compare it to a church?...... a martial arts school is nothing like a church....
    Ever clap the erasers in school? Wash the chalkboard? You spend time wearing and tearing, sweating and bleeding at the training facility...clean up after yourself.
    It's just being polite...I don't mind sweeping up after class.

You can do his laundry, tho.

oh no... not going to be THAT kind of thread at all...

Please, enlighten me as to the content....where does it come from... ?... Who can attest to its legitimacy?...

What exactly can a person who starts studying with that gruop expect to learn?....

Bottom line about Green Dragon studios is ... why do you want to learn off of videos anyway?

Do you really think you can get forms off of videos, without the instruction of a live teacher and corrections and all of that?

They don't have all the corrections themselves anyway, so learning it from them live would be no different than learning from thier videos.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a