Page 34 of 58 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Green Dragon Studios

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyKingUSA View Post
    Something kind of ironic, the deputy sheriff that transported Richard to prison the last time was a past Hop Sing student decades ago (and my past brother-in-law). Not trying to start a conspiracy theory, I just thought that it was ironic.
    Speaking of conspiracy theories there seems to a few about his predicament.

My family and freinds know of him through Hop Sing, Art of Desire, grew up with or were just freinds of him. I never met him myself but it seems that ever one in Akron has a D. Pitts story or two, he seems to be a local legend.

Don't keep us in the dark, tell a few of them. Why did he go to prison?
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Strange that Robert W. Smith doesn't really same to rate Chang Tung Sheng as highly as Choicoine and Allen do. In Smith's book Chinese Boxing: Masters and Methods he doesn't seem to think all that much of shuai chiao. He writes how he believes it is inferior to judo and claims that he was consistently able to beat Chang's students using his judo. He does admit though that Chang, being a Muslim (which I didn't know), was extremely disciplined. He goes on to say that he was a good fighter, but that he does not regret passing up the opportunity to train under him in order to follow Cheng Man Ching. The impression Smith gives is of a competent teacher and fighter, but not anywhere near the same legendary image you get from other sources.

there's one born every minute...

Quote Originally Posted by JDK View Post

http://www.ninedragonbaguazhang.com/drp.htm

Read, Study and learn smart ass.

JD
    Get off the koolaide, *******!

Quote Originally Posted by kal View Post
    Strange that Robert W. Smith doesn't really same to rate Chang Tung Sheng as highly as Choicoine and Allen do. In Smith's book Chinese Boxing: Masters and Methods he doesn't seem to think all that much of shuai chiao. He writes how he believes it is inferior to judo and claims that he was consistently able to beat Chang's students using his judo. He does admit though that Chang, being a Muslim (which I didn't know), was extremely disciplined. He goes on to say that he was a good fighter, but that he does not regret passing up the opportunity to train under him in order to follow Cheng Man Ching. The impression Smith gives is of a competent teacher and fighter, but not anywhere near the same legendary image you get from other sources.
    Oh please give me a break! Smith is okay but he barely penetrated the circle of military martial artists in Taiwan. Chang Tung Sheng was a member of the Dai Li, secret police as were a number of others. There job was to assisinate Japanese and Communist members. They were feared.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dai_Li

http://www.ucpress.edu/books/pages/9763.html

Among the Chinese of Taiwan, CMC was better known for his painting and poetry than for his Taijiquan. He was Madam Chiang Kaishek, the President's wife's (Jiang Jieshi) teacher.
    "Its better to build bridges rather than dig holes but occasionally you have to dig a few holes to build the foundation of a strong bridge."

"Traditional Northern Chinese Martial Arts are all Sons of the Same Mother," Liu Yun Qiao

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by RAF View Post
    Oh please give me a break! Smith is okay but he barely penetrated the circle of military martial artists in Taiwan. Chang Tung Sheng was a member of the Dai Li, secret police as were a number of others. There job was to assisinate Japanese and Communist members. They were feared.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dai_Li

http://www.ucpress.edu/books/pages/9763.html

Among the Chinese of Taiwan, CMC was better known for his painting and poetry than for his Taijiquan. He was Madam Chiang Kaishek, the President's wife's (Jiang Jieshi) teacher.
    Absolutely!

LOL...Chang proved his ability and refused NO challenges ever.

Funny how many things people write and say about others when they are dead and not able to respond

Poetry is a noble gift...Smith should stick to it.

JD

Quote Originally Posted by unkokusai View Post
    Get off the koolaide, *******!
    No Koolaide....just able to seperate fact from fiction.

How's your research coming? Website postings proving your obvious skepticism?

Have you ever actually witnessed unusal abilities from Masters who have spent decades working on their Internal power...and are very reluctant to show it off ???? I have.... they have no problem with trusted senior Students and Disciples....but have no interest in amusing the Crowds with Razor Sharp Spears unable to pierce their apples Apple as a Concrete Block is broken over their back by a Sledge Hammer.

Inside Kung-Fu Magazine ran an article 15 years ago or so on Dr Painter's Candle extinshishing demonstration...along with his hooking up some students to some state of the art Medical Equipment, with Western Medical Doctors present...and showed how a simple light to moderate strike on a students Vital Chest area...dropped their blood pressure, increased and made their heart race irractically, and watched over 15 minutes as the students and voulenteers medical condition steadily deteriorated...until the Physicians insisted the experiment be stopped...at which point Dr Painter administered an Herbal Drink, and massage to unblock the meridians and return the voulenteer's to their previous healthy state.

I will try and locate the article, pictures and documented research.

JDK

Your source is "Inside Kung Fu?"

Oh Brother....
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

come on! we all know,,,,,, if it is in INSIDE KUNG FU, then is HAS to be true!
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Richard pitts

Yao sing:

Richard Pitts went to prison twice for trafficking and distributing cocaine. He was an absolutely lousy martial artist. I can only think of how disappointed and broken his parents where to see what their son had turned out to be.

Hello R.A.F.

Mike Biggie
    7 Star Praying Mantis, Hong Kong branch
    Choy Li Fut Hung Sing branch
    Yang Tai chi

11. Quote Originally Posted by Akronviper View Post
    Speaking of conspiracy theories there seems to a few about his predicament.

My family and freinds know of him through Hop Sing, Art of Desire, grew up with or were just freinds of him. I never met him myself but it seems that ever one in Akron has a D. Pitts story or two, he seems to be a local legend.
    D. Pitts Jr. was a very colorful character. I am surprised at the number of non-martial artists who had heard of him. I only knew him from the Art of Desire studio in Akron off of Brittain Rd.. In the middle 80's I was living in Ft. Wayne, Indiana and on a trip to Akron to visit family I called the Art of Desire to see if I could train there during my weekend home. I met Richard and we kind of clicked. After that I started bringing select students to Akron so we could all (Art of Desire and my school) cross-train. This was when Richard was married to his first wife and had a son who was also named Richard.
    Richard taught two of my students and myself Ong's Iron Body training at that time. Richard also gave me a videotape of some of his top students doing Kwan Ying Do forms.
    Richard knew that I had been selling videotapes on the Fu Hok Seung Ying Kuen form and that I had made quite a bit of money this way. So, he was interested in how to do this himself. I coached him a bit on how I had done it, but I don't think he was as successful. It was after this that he self-published the Kuer Wong book.
    It was through Richard that I met Wayne Schultz. Wayne was taking over control of the World Chinese Martial Arts Federation started by a guy named Greco (I never met the guy). Richard was suppose to be the Ohio state representative for the organization. Mike Biggie represented Oklahoma and I represented Indiana. That is how we all got to know each other. Those were some great times.
    Later, I moved back to the Akron area where I grew up and Richard and I kind of drifted apart. The next time that I saw him, he and a few of his students were practicing some dark form of martial arts spirituality. And it seems his life went downhill from there. It was so sad. He had been a great friend.
    As far as his martial arts ability, Richard had no extraordinary ability as a fighter (sparring-wise). What was extraordinary was the fact that you could not hurt him. He was the toughest man I have ever met and I have met A LOT of martial artists from many different arts. He once told me, "No one can ever hurt me as bad as I hurt myself during training". I have no doubt about this!
    The students that my students and I fought were poor to mediocre fighters. Though you have to realize that Kwan Ying Do at that time did not allow sparring. So I think we were the first people they had ever fought against.
    Richard later added a boxing ring at the Art of Desire and I think they trained their actual fighting skills more than forms then.
    It was actually from Richard's school and influence that I took the motto for my school, "Train Like An Animal". This was printed on a T-shirt and workout uniform that Richard once gave me. It seemed to fit a Monkey style school quite nicely.
    Last edited by MonkeyKingUSA; 01-04-2007 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JDK View Post
    just able to seperate fact from fiction.

LOL! Apparently not. Say hello to P.T. for me!

As I've said elsewhere, I really enjoyed the articles that Allen wrote for Inside Kung Fu. But I must confess that I thought their uniforms were a bit outlandish. I remember seeing Allen and his top three students who were all women (how the hell does that work???) and they looked like they were circus performers. Allen was wearing some shiny studded belt. And the women were wearing kung fu trousers with colourful Lycra leotard tops!

It was through Richard that I met Wayne Schultz. Wayne was taking over control of the World Chinese Martial Arts Federation started by a guy named Greco (I never met the guy). Richard was suppose to be the Ohio state representative for the organization. Mike Biggie represented Oklahoma and I represented Indiana. That is how we all got to know each other.
    Interesting, I didnt know Akrons M.A links were so deep and intertwined.

As far as his martial arts ability, Richard had no extraordinary ability as a fighter (sparring-wise). What was extraordinary was the fact that you could not hurt him. He was the toughest man I have ever met and I have met A LOT of martial artists from many different arts. He once told me, "No one can ever hurt me as bad as I hurt myself during training". I have no doubt about this!
    That is one thing I have heard about him, His M.A skill was not that great, but it didnt really need to be beacuse you could not hurt him he was like a bull. Ive been told you couldnt hurt him and he was as strong as an ox.

WOW N.E Ohio is really delivering in this thread.

Piercinghammer
    Sounds like that must have been back in the Jay T. Will days.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.