Page 48 of 58 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: Green Dragon Studios

[QUOTE=Lama Pai Sifu;733283]Iron Tiger, you make many claims as if you have seen these things first hand; whom did you train with? Did you train with Chang or Ong? What knowledge of other styles/sifu do you have, to say these things?

If he won't respond to questions like these, what makes you think he
    would identify himself? I think it's pretty obvious that Iron Tiger is sifu Allen.
    Just like he was Lotus Storm in 2005.

Chuang Tzu

Well,

I hope that he does come back to the forum and share his viewpoints.

mickey

iron tiger is Sifu Allen
    I think most of the people following this thread feel the same way. So
    as far as I'm concerned,he can post as Iron Tiger, IronWeasel or Lotus Storm
    Darn split-personality must be acting up again!

Sorry, guys; I'm just me.

Although I do know lotus storm, we train together at (rare) times and have corresponded often.

I hope that he does come back to the forum

and share his viewpoints
    Not going to happen.

Did it on a challenge (from lotus storm, in fact). Awoke a sadder, but wiser, man just a few morns later.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by iron tiger View Post
    Darn split-personality must be acting up again!

Maybe the split-personality is the result of being a frustrated paratrooper.

Sifu Allen = Iron Tiger

Quote Originally Posted by iron tiger View Post
    !

Sorry, guys; I'm just me.

Whatever.

If you want to believe we're that naive, so be it. What remains obvious however, is that Iron Tiger IS Sifu Allen. But Lotus Storm, hmmm... maybe he's Allen's mini-me.

Chuang Tzu
    Last edited by ChuangkTzu; 02-09-2007 at 12:53 PM.

Master Ong/Si-Fu Allen

Ni hao, I am an old' Hep-Sing/Green Dragon student. I was there for aprx. 8yrs., and 'my' experiance there was Very positive! The Southern Shao-Lin/Tien Shan Pai style strength-training was incredibly hard! The foundation it laid for the other styles I trained in was thee' Best! Si-Fu Allen was as strong as an Ox,..as well as Master Ong! I left Si-Fu Allens' school in a professional/friendly way, in-order to pursue Jazz Guitar at Y.S.U., then trained with Coach-Jimmy Yee in Chicago,.. now I'm an 'indoor' 13yr. student of Si-Fu Nick Gracenin's. So, I've seen alot of things in my 35yrs. of training, and 'my' comment is; Try it, experiance it first, then judge it. i would bet that most of you poisen-pen people that spend too much time on youtube',.lol', wouldn't be able to keep up with the training at Green Dragon. Master Ong trained at 'Bai-Yun Tsz',(White Cloud Temple) in Southern China and also with Master Gao Dao-Sheng in Taiwan. Just because 'you' don't see something that looks familiar or the 'same' as you're used to seeing, doesn't mean it isn't authentic. Every town & village in China & Tai-Wan has a little different 'take' on many styles! The thighs-parallel stances of Master Gaos',( known back then as Master Koas' Stances), alone' would send most of you home! So,Train Hard,...HARDER!,...lol' Dzi Djyen, Li Ma-Keh

I used to do thigh parallel Horse for 10 minutes and not break a sweat...ur too easily impressed me thinks...

Iron Ma Bu btw is actually much harder just a bit above parallel...
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Tieh Ma-Bu,...

uhm',..Iron Horse-Stance is 'one' stance,..lol'! Master Kao's Stances included NINE different stances, sided to side, for five mins.' each! Don't take my word for it,..ask ANY 'Green Dragon alumni! Like I stated; 'just because it is something you don't know about, doesn't mean it isn't REAL',....Try it first, then judge it'. uh',..oh yeah' 'Me Thinks',...lol'. Li Ma-Keh.

Green Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Li Ma-Keh View Post
    uhm',..Iron Horse-Stance is 'one' stance,..lol'! Master Kao's Stances included NINE different stances, sided to side, for five mins.' each! Don't take my word for it,..ask ANY 'Green Dragon alumni! Like I stated; 'just because it is something you don't know about, doesn't mean it isn't REAL',....Try it first, then judge it'. uh',..oh yeah' 'Me Thinks',...lol'. Li Ma-Keh.
    Thank you Li Ma-Keh.....you saved me a post and took the words right out of my mouth~

JDK
    "It's not WHO'S right...its WHAT'S right" Truth Comes from many Sources
    so try and disregard WHO is saying it..and explore if WHAT is being said has any Truth to It.
    [

Choy Lay Fut's 18 Louhan hands is THIRTY SIX postures held 10 minutes each (18 done both sides).....you are too easily impressed.

You may not be aware of this, but this is not the 1970's, there is great Kung Fu all over now.

Hell, even Chung Moo Quan did Pargey (9 stances, both sides = 18) holding each for 5 minutes. It's a common practice in Kung Fu. Those who do it wrong end up sucking reall bad like Green Dragon guys do.
    Last edited by Royal Dragon; 02-15-2007 at 08:43 AM.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

uhm',..What?,..lol'

R.D., well',...uh',...whatever! I didn't say Master Gao's stances were the 'ONLY' ones!!?,...geeezsh',...LOL'! I'm aware of what year it is',.( Jhu Nien),..lol' I KNOW there is Great Kung-Fu all around',...that wasn't my point or discussion, Anyway,...'you train the way you want,..& I'll train the way 'I' want. Peace,Li Ma-Keh

Chang, Chicoine and Allen

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post

Should I remind the world that Allen and Gene got caught with that doctored photo they used to use, the one where they put Chang in between them to make it seem like Chang endorsed their stuff... or worse, that it was Chang's material

Funny thing how they got caught, they forgot that under Chang's arm the background was different and never touched it up

Due to the blizzard-like conditions that swept through Ohio yesterday, I had
    the day off like everybody else. I had some time to dig out some old issues
    of Inside Kung-Fu magazine and look for the old Green Dragon ad with the
    supposed "doctored" photo. If anybody has the Feb 1988 issue ( Master Chicoine
    is on the cover), its obvious the photo in the GD ad containing Chang, Chicoine and Allen, has been altered.

There is an article entitled " Controversy Erupts Over Shuai Chiao Leadership"
    in the same issue. The article is written by William Barret and Dave Cater. It
    contains many photos of Grandmaster Chang courtesy of Master Chicoine,
    Daniel Weng, Bob Sbarge and Eric Sbarge. On page 41, one of the photos
    courtesy of Master Chicoine, contains both Chicoine and Chang. You can tell
    they took this picture, cut Grandmaster Chang out, and placed him in between
    Chicoine and Allen in the GD ad photo.

Check it out. Without a doubt, it's the same picture of Chang in both photographs. I'm not questioning Master Chicoine's credentials or those of Sifu Allen for that matter. In fact, the article makes it pretty clear Master Chicoine is the true successor to Grandmaster Chang. I'm only stating that lkfmdc was right. The photo in the ad was definitely altered.

Chuang Tzu

yikes',...

I seem to remember hearing something about that, but it was after I had left,..whew',..lol' Li Ma-Keh

O.t.

Do you guys think that the primary reason for stance training is to strenghten the legs. I think that it is a result but the primary use is to build up ones will or ability to perform through pain.

O.T but just a thought