Thread: White Crane Image Translations

Hybrid View

White Crane Image Translations

Once again I am asking for someone to please translate as best they can the following into English:

I would be most grateful to anyone who can help!

Ron Goninan
    China Fuzhou Zhenlan Crane Boxing Australia
    White Crane Research Institute Inc
    http://www.whitecranegongfu.info
    A seeker of the way

This is the core of Fujian White Crane. it is Qigong based.

Thanks for sharing.

Go learn with some one who knows, translate is not good enough. translation will not get you there. In my opinion, there is one other important key is missing in the image.

BTW. Hung Gar doesnt uses this core. Wing Chun Does. YiQuan and Xing Yi has some modified version.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 08-20-2011 at 04:57 PM.

These postures look like whats in the Iron Ox Southern Mantis book that i have Sam Loo three guards , Dragon Back , Nine Gate theory, then the book talks about the Kan Jin inch power and Phoenix Eye Fist and a form called Som Bo Fung Nun Kun which is a rare form not taught anymore different than the Som Bo Gin form .

Hendrick,

I already know what it says and what it deals with. I am interested in the interpretation of others. Your description "it is Qigong Based" say's nothing at all.

If your not willing to contribute in a positive way towards any discussion then please refrain from posting.

Firehawk, my knowledge of Southern Mantis is very little so I will accepts what you have written.

Ron Goninan
    A seeker of the way

Quote Originally Posted by Minghequan View Post
    Hendrick,

I already know what it says and what it deals with. I am interested in the interpretation of others. Your description "it is Qigong Based" say's nothing at all.

If your not willing to contribute in a positive way towards any discussion then please refrain from posting.

Perhaps, it is your perception not my posting. Perhaps you are expecting something else instead of a friendly equal position positive technical discussion.

For me, one can have a PHD in Chinese and do 100000X different translation/interpretation, but if one cannot make it works it is useless.

It is Qigong based says alots for me. it says if one doesnt have the Qigong based foundation one cant handle it and cannot make it works diregards of how one thinks on the saying or mimic the posture. you dont see my point and that is fine.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 08-21-2011 at 12:59 PM.

Perhaps, it is your perception not my posting. Perhaps you are expecting something else instead of a friendly equal position positive technical discussion.

For me, one can have a PHD in Chinese and do 100000X different translation/interpretation, but if one cannot make it works it is useless.

It is Qigong based says alots for me. it says if one doesnt have the Qigong based foundation one cant handle it and cannot make it works diregards of how one thinks on the saying or mimic the posture. you dont see my point and that is fine.
    Hendrik, once again you come on all self assured. "Friendly equal positive technical discussion?"

Go learn with some one who knows, translate is not good enough. translation will not get you there. In my opinion, there is one other important key is missing in the image.
    Telling me (or anyone else) to "go learn with someone who knows" is more than just a little haughty and not all that "positive" of a statement!!!

And what exactly is your "positive technical discussion" or "point" raised??? All you've written is:

This is the core of Fujian White Crane. it is Qigong based.
    1/. How do you a self confessed non White Crane enthusiast/instructor trainee know of the actual core of Fujian White Crane?

2/. "it (sic) is Qigong based" .... That's hardly all that "technical" ... Really!

Ron Goninan
    A seeker of the way