• Yes

10 32.26%
  • No

21 67.74%
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Tcma dead poll

Tcma dead poll

Inspired by the Tru-2-Form thread.

Is TCMA Dead? Has Tru-2-Form exposed the final nail in the Kung Fu fantasy coffin? Is San Da the only future for Chinese Martial Arts?

Reading MMA Evolution in China, it seems that the Chinese youth are embracing MMA in the form of hybrids like Sanda and BJJ in the same schools where they used to flock to TKD. Plus, this tru-2-form discussion (read it) really puts the spotlight on what TCMA considers fighting and it t'ain't that good.

Is there a future for TCMA styles or is TCMA Sanda the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post

Is TCMA Dead?
    Considering virtually no one seems to understand what it actually is and how it works, YES

Has Tru-2-Form exposed the final nail in the Kung Fu fantasy coffin?
    TCMA people don't want to hear this, but if you think people dis-respected you and what you do before, WAIT until the world at large gets a look at tru-2-form

Is San Da the only future for Chinese Martial Arts?
    Don't be like "YUM CHA" and engage in straw men tactics. There is Kuoshu Lei Tai, there is MMA. There is Shuai Jiao. There is push hands (though you need to do the Asian version, not the US pussy version). Heck you could even do chi sau it is better than tru-2-form

Is there a future for TCMA styles
    People who want to do forms will more and more go into contemporary wushu AND even places that say they are Tcma are effected by contemporary

People who want to fight are no longer going anywhere near kung fu
    Last edited by lkfmdc; 08-12-2011 at 06:56 AM.
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Considering virtually no one seems to understand what it actually is and how it works, YES

People who want to do forms will more and more go into contemporary wushu AND even places that say they are Tcma are effected by contemporary

People who want to fight are no longer going anywhere near kung fu
    So sad - but true.

Honestly - I don't think there is any misunderstanding with TCMA. I know what you're getting at - but when it gets right down to it, I think TCMA made a choice and is defining itself. What you see is what you get. Where it goes from here is anyone's guess.

I'm a clinging relic LARPer though because I still believe in the diu sau and some of the old school stuff because it's scary as heck to face when the right person is using it (like my sifu) and it's a skill I'd like to have.

TCMA may be dead on this forum, but like it or not, TCMA is still alive and still much larger than MMA in regards to numbers of practitioners. sorry, get over it. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Snipsky View Post
    TCMA may be dead on this forum, but like it or not, TCMA is still alive and still much larger than MMA in regards to numbers of practitioners. sorry, get over it. LOL

I think you misunderstood the question.

There are thousands of old ladies doing Taiji in the park but that doesn't make it the best fighting art does it?

Great at missing the point, aren't you?

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    There are thousands of old ladies doing Taiji in the park but that doesn't make it the best fighting art does it?

I kinda agree with Sifu Ross here. Just because there are a lot of Wu Shu schools popping up here and there does not necessarily mean it's good for kung fu.

ginosifu

There's what? 5 people on this forum? LOL. and this forum will decide if TCMA is dead or not? come on man. NOT. There's more to martial arts than just fighting. but to each his own.

I think you misunderstood the question.
    what was the very first question this thread asked? I said NO. its not dead. if it was dead there wouldn't be any TCMA around these days. BUT, people are still flocking to them. like it or not. it is what it is.
    Last edited by Snipsky; 08-12-2011 at 07:51 AM.

There's what? 5 people on this forum? LOL. and this forum will decide if TCMA is dead or not? come on man. NOT. There's more to martial arts than just fighting. but to each his own.
    156 looking right now - 16 registered 10:49 EST. Apparently no one else has the b@lls to post their opinions so who gives a $hit about them?

obtuse much?

yeah, thought so

Good old kung fu is not dead. However I think we are kind of a downward spiral that we need to pull up out of.

There still some of us who try to teach old school Fighting / Shuai Chiao / San Shou etc. to try and preserve kung fu the best we can. I think sometimes it's the modern people of today that don't want old school kung fu.

I have a commercial kung fu school, however I run (on the side) an old school class that is heavy on fighting drills / shuai chiao / sparring etc etc. I can not for the life of me keep students more than a couple of months without them quitting on me (sissies, all of them). Maybe it's just my neighborhood, maybe it's just me, I don't know?

There are good old sifu's somewhere still teaching good ole kung fu. It won't die, not just yet.

ginosifu

There's more to martial arts than just fighting. but to each his own.

...oh boy.....................

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Inspired by the Tru-2-Form thread.

Is TCMA Dead? Has Tru-2-Form exposed the final nail in the Kung Fu fantasy coffin? Is San Da the only future for Chinese Martial Arts?

Reading MMA Evolution in China, it seems that the Chinese youth are embracing MMA in the form of hybrids like Sanda and BJJ in the same schools where they used to flock to TKD. Plus, this tru-2-form discussion (read it) really puts the spotlight on what TCMA considers fighting and it t'ain't that good.

Is there a future for TCMA styles or is TCMA Sanda the same thing?
    tru2 form is NOT the general consensus of TCMA teachers and practitioners. It is crap promoted by larpers.
    Sure, there are folks that believe this stuff. Always were, always will be.

It's just marketing. The general population watches TV, and goes out and buys.
    Millions of people eat McDonald's. Everyone in the entire world eats McDonald's.

Is this the end of steak as we know it??? dumb.
    Last edited by TenTigers; 08-12-2011 at 07:54 AM.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

LMAO. that is all.

obtuse much?
    Repetition IS important huh? LOL. I think you think it is.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    156 looking right now - 16 registered 10:49 EST. Apparently no one else has the b@lls to post their opinions so who gives a $hit about them?
    I think most just don't give a sh1t.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.