Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: More Gay Repubs in Office

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    I think prostitution should be legalized, personally. I just hate hypocritical conservatives.

Leaving aside your flawed opinion about legalizing prostitution, are you saying you don't hate hypocritical liberals?

Quote Originally Posted by Snipsky View Post
    how the fuk is my thread about an eminent race war any diffferent than a threa on Gay Pubs?????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????

STFU with your racist nonsense, champ.

Quote Originally Posted by Kansuke View Post
    Leaving aside your flawed opinion about legalizing prostitution, are you saying you don't hate hypocritical liberals?
    Flawed...lol.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Flawed...lol.

Unless of course you support the objectification of and violence against women and girls for some reason.

Unless of course you support the objectification of and violence against women and girls for some reason.
    Does paying my neighbor's kid to mow my lawn also equate to supporting the objectification of and violence against lawnboys?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Does paying my neighbor's kid to mow my lawn also equate to supporting the objectification of and violence against lawnboys?

If you are equating the two activities, either "mowing the lawn" is code for some sex act and you should be in jail, or else you have some strange ideas about human intercourse and/or lawncare.

you have some strange ideas about human intercourse and/or lawncare.
    They are both contracts for services between consenting adults.

If paying a woman to rub my shoulders is legal, paying her to rub my c0ck should be as well.

Regulate it, tax it, and let adults control their own bodies.

I know you want to think you are being a good little libertarian and all, but what you are advocating always has and always will amount to violence against women and girls. Your fondness for any particular polical or economic theory won't change that.

I know you want to think you are being a good little libertarian and all, but what you are advocating always has and always will amount to violence against women and girls. Your fondness for any particular polical or economic theory won't change that.
    What a maroon. When an industry is criminalized, and yet demand persists, blackmarkets emerge. In these industries, no government regulation exists, and no rule of law can exist either. Therefore, the likelihood of abuse, violence, and rape is increased.

Not to mention, pimps subject prostitutes to physical abuse and threats of violence, retain a portion of their earnings, and often encourage them to become addicted to drugs. The provision of a secure environment in which to work would allow men and women to be independent of these individuals.

Let's examine a couple of figures:

Netherlands rapes per 1,000: 0.1
    United States rapes per 1,000: 0.32

Recall prohibition from 1920 to 1933 and remember the affects it had on alcohol consumption. Home producers created whiskey and bathtub gin. The price of alcohol skyrocketed in black market sales due to heavy demand and the greedy public officials who secretly monitored it, so it was believed. Bootlegging became an underground industry. As a result, prohibition did literally nothing to actually prevent alcohol from being consumed by the public.

The government, and ultimately the public, suffered huge losses from prohibition. The government lost considerable amounts of tax dollars from bootlegged alcohol and it became impossible to regulate the quality, i.e. safety, of the product. In attempts to prohibit alcohol consumption through the Volstead Act, spending by the Bureau of Prohibition went from $4.4 million to $13.4 million annually. Spending by the Coast Guard was an average $13 million per year in the 1920s for prohibition alone. In fact when per capita costs are analyzed, spending more to curb behavior did literally nothing against consumption, making a total mockery of law enforcement efforts.

It was thought prohibition would put an end to many social problems but it actually created many more. Increasing the number of laws runs a risk of creating more criminals, and that is exactly what had happened. Jails became filled. Government spending to pay for the housing and maintenance of these criminals went up. Compounded by the lack of intake from alcohol tax, it placed huge dents on public coffers.

Prohibition caused many problems related to criminal activity. There was a causal link between prohibition and an increase in homicides. During prohibition, homicide rates increased over 66%. After prohibition was repealed on Dec. 5, 1933, the homicide rate immediately dropped and eventually reached pre-prohibition levels in the mid-1940s.

You keep trying to draw false equivalencies, but they all crash and burn against the ancient reality of what we are really talking about. You haven't considered the fundamentals of the issue carefully enough because your motivation is to justify your political-economy theory. So, you are either incapable or too lazy to consider the issue, or just a misogynist at heart.

You keep trying to draw false equivalencies, but they all crash and burn against the ancient reality of what we are really talking about. You haven't considered the fundamentals of the issue carefully enough because your motivation is to justify your political-economy theory. So, you are either incapable or too lazy to consider the issue, or just a misogynist at heart.
    Where is your data to show how legalizing prostitution has increased violence and objectification? Or are you just another conservative zealot who thinks people should behave like you think they should?

You go ahead and comfort yourself in the false belief that your 'theory' is justified in this case, and meanwhile women (and very young girls) all over the world and all through history will continue to suffer in ways you (apparently) can't imagine.

Congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ-Blue View Post
    That first line was confusing to me. Can you restate it please?
    Sure. Gayness and sex are both, in no way, intrinsically moral or political considerations. The arguments needed to conflate them with said are convoluted, and do not bear close examination(I said bear). For example:

1) ****sexuality is unnatural.

Since there is not, nor has there ever been, a representative sample of humans in which a certain percentage have not done ****sexual practices, this argument fails.

This is what Taoists talked about regarding arbitrary morality. It begins adopting untenable positions in order to support itself, and often must rely on authority figures as opposed to reasoned moral argument. God says, the Emperor says, The Founding Fathers said, the Supreme Court said. This is not the hallmark of an actual system of ethics, or ethics at all, but merely authoritarian rule.

A perfect example is the recent ruling that video games with violent content do not necessarily require special ratings or warnings, while sexual content does. The distinction becomes a comedy of missing justifications. Apparently we are not affected by violence in media, but sex in media, we're totally changed by this. Never mind that there is no proof provided.

In the U.S., the age most prevented from accurate information is the age at which humans become sexually active. And "they should learn it at home" is merely double-speak for not learning it at all, or worse.

I agree with one aspect of your post, it should not be an issue in a society that has reasonable standards regarding sex. We do not live in such a society, so the argument is moot. The GOP has a history of gay politicians pushing anti-gay laws. Almost without exception, those same politicians later state regret over the laws they pursued. And non-gay GOP members almost always seem to have known about their colleagues' sexual preference, and hidden it from the public they claim to represent.

It's not a theory.

prostitution is legal and overseen in a few countries.
    Forward thinking western liberal democracies such as Germany for instance.

Scandanavia as well.

look at their violent sex crime stats and you tell me that non-oppression and egalitarian stance on sex workers is bad for society?

seriously, the data from those countries will make your assumptions and supposition look like torn threads on the floor. Not useful for much.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

You go ahead and comfort yourself in the false belief that your 'theory' is justified in this case, and meanwhile women (and very young girls) all over the world and all through history will continue to suffer in ways you (apparently) can't imagine.

Congratulations.
    I'm the sure women in The Netherlands who don't get raped because it's legal there would find solace in your righteous indignation.