View Poll Results: Ever use a TMA on the street successfully?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • For personal self defense

11 78.57%
  • To attack someone

4 28.57%
  • To stop a break-in or some other crime

5 35.71%
  • To avenge your master....haha

1 7.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ever used any TMA in a Street fight succesfully?

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    If you don't practice TCMAs and don't teach TCMAs, and presumably don't have a clue as to the effectiveness of the TCMA
    you might want to read this thread..
    .http://kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61459

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    So, beating up untrained people in the street is the ultimate goal of the most advanced, complete and sophisticated martial art ever created?

And it takes YEARS of practice, internal secrets, chi cultivation and cool silk PJ's to do this?

OK, got you....

And NO ONE in MMA, boxing, wrestling, Muay Thai, kickboxing etc has ever been able to use their mere "sport" skills in the street!
    This why you are disliked. Someone makes an innocuous thread abut whether or not people have used their skills on the street. This could lead to a number of discussions far more interesting, yet you decide to attack the original poster for being a LARPER.

Edit:
    It's this crap that caused Jamieson to jump on you. It's funny how you started playing the victim. Now you are back to your antics as I knew you would be. As I said, it really is going to come down to Gene showing the the door permanently as many other forums have done.
    Last edited by HumbleWCGuy; 08-12-2011 at 07:18 PM.

Blog Entries
    Yes, I went fishing...I do have a life other than posting here.

It's just a simple question...only someone insecure would be botherd by it.

The fact is, I only need 1 other person other than myself to prove this simple point. ergo Success.

++++++++++++++++++++++++\

Where did I claim that Kung Fu wins 165% of the time????

In fact, humbly... I only asked if anyone had ever succeeded in it's use... and to speak up about it. In truth that is all I need to prove my point....that TMA's ARE Indeed valid.

I have personally taught raw students TCMA (meaning that’s all they know) and they have used it in Street fights.... very well I might add. That's good enough for me. Just because they are not super human San Da fighters doesn't mean that what they have achieved was not valid.

Sorry I don't have a YouTube of the time when one of my students "Vernon" went to Montreal on his 18th birthday (... and there's really only one reason for an 18yrs old to go to Montreal if you get me

Out side in the parking lot, he got into and argument followed by a fight. What Vernon didn't know was that the guy put his keys in-between his fingers and was punching at his face. Vernon, dodged the 1st couple of strikes and then got into his rhythm and did a simple block punch combo. Every style has it. But luckily landed right on the chin when the dudes mouth was open. Vernon knocked the dude out!! I told him how lucky he was but it doesn't change what happened. I took a raw student and taught him successfully to defend himself and it WORKED!!

All your BS cannot take that away from him ROSS. It doesn't matter if he or his opponent was not a professionally trained PRO.

++++++++++++

About trained or untrained opponents.......

I'm gonna take a page from Gene's book and say that some Trained fighters are just "Sal Fencers" That means they only fight well in their Home Gym.

An Untrained guy who is athletic and hell-bent on hurting you is Still very dangerous. Sometimes, because of their Un-orthodox nature...more so. Also the bigger and crazier he is can matter...size does make a difference.

That is the reason why sometimes Pro Boxers hate to fight amateurs. Because of their un orthodox nature, they havnt yet learned to move and fight at a professional level and that makes them very unpredictable sometimes.

Lastly Ross, I'm AGAINST the Tru 2 forms hippies you do realize that right? I was pretty clear in the other thread. Please don’t try and lump me into a crowd of Pajama wearing hippies. I’ve fought MMA and have my own San Shou belts @ 85KG and still I choose to train TCMA.

You just have to have the right teacher and the student work hard. Also as I’ve always said, in any discipline, your going to have God given Talented fighters and other students who will never achieve it. It’s just life.

If you’ve never figured it out, that’s not my problem.
    http://cykwoon.freewebspace.com/
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Subitai

"O"..."Some people believe that you need to make another human being tap out to be a valid art. But I am constantly reminding them that I only have to defend myself and keep you from hurting me in order to Win."
    "O"..."The Hung Style practiced solely in methods of Antiquity would ultimately only be useful versus Similar skill sets"

I pushed the sanshou format INSIDE the major kung fu organizations for almost a decade, the leadership wanted to kill it
    Have you ever considered that you are a Jacka$$ and nobody wants anything to do with you? I am sure that a number or TCMA schools are involved in fighting, but I can't see anyone being interested in letting you be their guide in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleWCGuy View Post
    This why you are disliked. Someone makes an innocuous thread abut whether or not people have used their skills on the street. This could lead to a number of discussions far more interesting, yet you decide to attack the original poster for being a LARPER.

You missed the other thread/argument that this thread was posted in passive-aggressive response to.

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    you might want to read this thread..
    .http://kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61459
    I have seen the thread. Ross is just posting pictures and regurgitating applications and information. A first year Wing Chun student with access to a good Wing Chun book can do the same as Ross, as regards Wing Chun applications.

Now, if you look at this current thread and note how it started:

Quote Originally Posted by Subitai
    Ever used any TMA in a Street fight succesfully?
    I'm just curious how many people here have ever succefully used a TMA of any kind to win a fight on the street or at the very least defend themselves?

Speak up, symbolic though it is..."raise your hand"

... I have
    The man is asking a simple question which in not so many words enquires if anyone has used TCMAs successfuly in a street situation. Subitai adds that HE HAS!

The last bit seems to have pinched a nerve in Dave Ross as it goes against the whole marketing premise for his kickboxing school, which dictates that TCMAs are not applicable for combat.

So, "Kung fu Clueless Dave" comes back with the following brutish response:

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc
    So, beating up untrained people in the street is the ultimate goal of the most advanced, complete and sophisticated martial art ever created?

And it takes YEARS of practice, internal secrets, chi cultivation and cool silk PJ's to do this?

OK, got you....
    Then just in case there was any doubt in anyone's mind about "Kung fu Clueless Dave's" insecurities:

And NO ONE in MMA, boxing, wrestling, Muay Thai, kickboxing etc has ever been able to use their mere "sport" skills in the street!
    I mean who the hell said anything about "Kung fu Clueless Dave's" beloved contact sports martial arts? NO one, absolutely NO ONE!

Then we have one more sarcastic and insecure "gem" from Kung fu Clueless Dave:

PS: kung fu is so super duper ****ing effective it wins in the street 165% of the time! That's right *****es
    And then (and as usual) Kung fu Clueless Dave, putting words into people's mouths:

NO, the worst thinking you can possibly spread is trying to convince clueless newbies that they can and should fight like it's a form competition

and that no contact fighting is getting them ready for real fighting
    Where did Subitai say anything like that? Where does Kung fu Clueless Dave, get the idea that all TCMA schools just teach forms and instruct their students to "fight like it's a form"?

I'll tell you where, he gets it from his kickboxing school's marketing strategy. Every time he posts clueless comments like the above he hopes that third party newbies will read it and assume that all TCMA is cr@p and then run along to Kung fu Clueless Dave's New York San Duh! school to learn the "realz" fighting!

THERE IS MORE:

When Ginosifu made the following post:

Quote Originally Posted by ginosifu

I grabbed his right punching arm with an eagles claw and then applied a tigers claw to his throat
    Then Kung fu Clueless Dave came back with his "profound" take on TCMA's animal clawing techniques (LOL!):

so you grabbed his arm with your OPEN HAND and then you grabbed his throat with your OPEN HAND

If you want to call is a "claw" well, that's great and all, but please don't make it out to be the next coming of gwan gung ok
    LOL, just LOL!

The man doesn't know how to distinguish between grabbing someone with an open hand a Tiger Claw! LOL!

Boy, CTS must be looking down from the heavens and laughing his head off at Gwailo "Kung fu Clueless Dave's" foot in the mouth moments...LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Subitai View Post

Where did I claim that Kung Fu wins 165% of the time????
    dense and no sense of humor

try to re-read that one, maybe look at the picture...

Seriously, if you can't understand that comment, there is no future in even answering you

I have personally taught raw students TCMA (meaning that’s all they know) and they have used it in Street fights....
    and AGAIN, what exactly does that prove?

Lastly Ross, I'm AGAINST the Tru 2 forms hippies you do realize that right?
    I see you frothing against "san da" but can't even explain what "kung fu" fighting is supposed to look like if it isn't san da like

You also have said some of the worst cliche tripe about kickboxing, showing you don't understand anything about kickboxing

You're post so far are illogical, they don't make coherent points

And LMFAO at your attempt to dig at me with gossip and BS...
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Could a moderator do something about these personal attacks by hardwork108 (again)?

Could a moderator do something about these personal attacks by hardwork108 (again)?
    OOOOOOh BOY!

Quote Originally Posted by Mas Judt View Post
    I just like the fact that the poll is from the future.
    "This poll will close on 09-01-2011 at 09:36 PM"

From the above notice we know that:

A: This poll was opened on January 9th, 2011.

B: This poll will close in September 2011.

C: This poll is from the future.

I see you frothing against "san da" but can't even explain what "kung fu" fighting is supposed to look like if it isn't san da like

You also have said some of the worst cliche tripe about kickboxing, showing you don't understand anything about kickboxing

You're post so far are illogical, they don't make coherent points

And LMFAO at your attempt to dig at me with gossip and BS...
    tsk tsk tsk this is a poor troll. If I were your therapist.........

Its not logical to use your students winning a belt while dealing against Subitai, him having accomplished the same. Or in fact, more than you ever did personally.
    Last edited by Lebaufist; 08-12-2011 at 10:09 PM.

and AGAIN, what exactly does that prove?

Again logic fail.

1. who has used CMA in an actual situation?

2. your assertion "but it doesn't mean its effective." Or so it seems overtly.

3. Yes I've taught effective cma people.

4. what does that prove?

You don't see how you're failing the logic test here?

It had to have been effective for it to work. The insistence as to whether the individual can be effective 100% of the time against all opponents is a strawman argument. No one is effective against all opponents. Not even your students.

closed.
    Kung Fu is good for you.