Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gatorade

Boris Guest

PEOPLE LIKE YOU, OUGHT TO BE SHOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay Mister English feckin' Major with first class honours. I'm gonna shove a shotgun in your mouth and blow your friggin' Idiot savant Grammatical gifts across the Professor's much accoladed wall.

I may have missed the "you" in the first sentence, but that you could probably COULD have realised and concluded yourself without much thinking. Oops, you don't think and need to be spoon-fed information. Autodidaction is a skill lost to the world, by the way you carry on. Don't tell me, you're writing your PHD. on the Freudian theory of Copra-Phalic fetishism in sixteenth century literature. That topic really seems to suit you for some reason.

All good things in life, are indeed, free.

But I beseech you, reread my sentence. "Like all good things in life, is free". I was refering to the singular subject of water, not the plural. Besides it was comparison, "Like" should have rung your grammatical bell, it is a similie and hence plurals may be disregarded. Sentences such as " The Newspaper fell LIKE a flock of geese descending upon a lake." would be grammatically incorrect in your grammatical opinion.

However, I am not writing a political treatsie while on this forum so please, grammar is the least of my qualms. I am writing colloquially and may mispell, forget grammatical structure or tense but still be coherent. I may miss a word now and again but still most people understand me, it's just a pity you need to get at me in such a pathetic and petty manner.

If you hold anything back, I'll kill you. If you bend the truth, or if I think you're bending the truth, I'll kill you. If you forget anything, I'll kill you. In fact, you're going to have to work very hard to stay alive, Nick. I hope you understand everything

Boom! Boom! Boris!!

Boris,

You seem to have been angry for a long time. Given that you think that drinking V and smoking the occasional ciggie is a crime punishable by execution (with a shot gun through the mouth), then I must say you're also a very violent person.

Afterall, power comes from the barrel of the gun, why bother with the correct use of words when people whome you meet in person are likely to face a swift end!

For you infomation, I have a Phd in Robotics from MIT. It is not that I can earn your respect as I don't have any firearms in my possession although I live in NY. I'm a vegitarian and pacifist by nature.

Ego Energize!
    Maximus Maximize!

When did these shaolin clowns here about these modern drinks,i thought they only knew how to rub didta jow into there arse holes,and now they will be drinking didta jow to toughtern there anal canal too.

kelvein chan

good on yer ego. boris you are a friggin loser

so much for yer v and ciggies and the professors board. do yer bonk him on that do ya?

as for you ego, i know you are my sihing. why are you pretending here. in class you even admit to be famous clown out of the wheelchair. phd in robotics?b*llcr@p! yeah, probably robotic d1ldoes up yer anal canal to keep yer entrails toned from all yer sitting. you bl00dy p00f! f*ck 0ff you d1ckhead! i am sick of all ya b*llsh1t!

kelvein chan

prana Guest

Kelvin Chan !

We know about the drinks such as Gatorade because we don't wish to draw conclusions that all Western things are bad, like you did with Eastern. I should point out the fact you should not be practising Mantis cause it is originally Eastern. We do not practice your narrow-mindedness. FYI, you self-proclaimed guru in Western Medicine, your post on Steroids injection proves your inadequacies. None of the ppl here has proclaimed drinking it to increase strengths. It seems you have clearly claimed it as a self lubricant...

I think you have been told where to go by, isnt it time you reflect yourself in the mirror and see what is wrong with you ?

Breathe till there is no breath...

Fish of Fury Guest
    hey ego...
    since we're being picky, you left the H out of rhetorical :p

deadlypower Guest
    PRANA,maybe his ugly face will crack the mirror.....EGO.,has a face that you can't tell the difference whether it is his arse,or his face!!!!!!!!!!!!

power

YiLiQuan1 Guest

Much ado about the benefits of water alone...

Water is always the best hydrating source. When you train, you sweat and lose precious fluid levels.

However, and this goes without saying but I will say it for the sake of the few sorry souls here who flame rather than contribute, in the sweat are salt and other trace minerals that will adversely effect training potential when lost in great amounts.

Gatorade is currently being used by the US military as a source of electrolyte replacement for troops in the field. This after years of being told to "just drink water."

Lets not forget that TOO MUCH water is actually BAD for you! What happens when you drink too much water? You urinate frequently to purge the extra fluid levels (the body strives for homeostasis at all times, retaining water during fluid loss, and purging fluid when there is excess). If you drink too much, you will **** constantly. In so doing, your body is actually diluting its own stores of these minerals, and it is possible to DIE from being super hydrated. I forget the medical term for the condition, but it does exist (had a class on cold weather injury prevention two weeks ago, and the condition was mentioned by the nurse practitioner giving the class).

Fruit juice is a good add in, and Gatorade is good as well, though the best basic foundation is a good diet with adequate water intake.

Just my humble 2 yen...

Matt Stone

joedoe Guest
    No one said that you don't need to replenish your mineral supplies, but for most people this is adequately handled in the diet. Unless you are training full time (as in like 6-8 hours a day), it shouldn't be an issue. In the army, this is often the case, especially if soldiers are on training exercises. Also, soldiers in the field don't exactly get the best diet as most rations are either freeze-dried or canned - very few fresh foods.

Super-hydration can occur, but I thought you have to drink stupid amounts to achieve that. For most people who exercise, the problem is dehydration rather than super-hydration.

My point is that for most active people, water is just as good for rehydration as any of the sports drinks like Gatorade.

YiLiQuan1 Guest

Re-hydration vs. Super-hydration

Dead on the money on that particular point.

Most folks, living in their suburban apartment or condo, doing martial arts primarily to reduce that ring of Mr. Donuts from around their midsection and to learn a thing or two of self-defense in the process, will probably be best served with a bottle of DiHydrogenOxide :-) more than anything else.

I am a soldier. I do PT 4 times a week, train on my own in martial arts, plus teach about 5 hours each week (small post). With all I put out, I drink about one 8 ounce bottle of the G stuff each day, plus tons of water.

The super-hydration issue comes from the traditional method of hydrating troops in basic training - every hour on the hour, regardless of other fluid intake, they will drain their canteens. Given that they are required to keep their canteens full at all times (one quart size), this can lead to quite a waterlog in some poor private's belly. There have been cases (though rare) of trainees dying during basic and advanced training due to this super-hydration.

Again, you are correct - water is probably best for most. For those of us who have forgone social interaction to pursue our CMA dreams and who train more than we sleep, the G stuff makes a good dietary supplement.

Matt Stone

Many good points

Guys!

Many good points mentioned in the last 3 posts. i agree water is essential and it is important to drink enough to prevent dehydration (OK depends on how you train and the conditions you train in). but if dehydrations hits you - it'll be too late.

Sports drinks, the "G" is an example of many. Salts are actually essential for the process of osmosis in our bodies. When you perspire, you lose salts as well as water. Both components need to be replenished.

Finally, if your training involves is taxing on your body's energy reserves, then consume enough carbohydrates as they provide clean fuel. Fatty stuff creaters waste products for the body and therefore draws on the water reserves to dispose of that. Sugars burn too quickly. Well any way, I guess these are the main points for any exercise which includes KF.

Ego Energize!
    Maximus Maximize!

ttt 4 2018!

Maybe it's me but co-marketing of a sports drink and a shoe just doesn't work. I don't want my shoes to be associated with my sports drink and vice versa.

“Gatorade” Air Jordan 6 NRG Closes Out Jordan Brand’s 2017
    Kyle Rooney
    By Kyle Rooney
    December 29, 2017 16:01

"Gatorade" 6s arrive tomorrow.

Gatorade partnered up with Jordan Brand for a special edition "Like Mike" collection in honor of Michael Jordan's classic 1991 ad, which included a number of different Air Jordan silhouettes.

Closing out the Gatorade x Air Jordan Collection is a brand new green suede Air Jordan 6 that will be much more limited than the white/orange rendition that dropped a few weeks back.

RELATED: Unreleased "Chinese New Year" Air Jordan 6 Revealed In Detail

The green suede "Gatorade" Air Joran 6 NRG is officially set to release, in limited quantities, this Saturday, December 30th for the retail price of $225. The official colorway is listed as "Pine Green/Orange Blaze-Pine Green."

Similar to the white/orange "Gatorade" Air Jordan 6 that dropped on December 16th, the green rendition features special edition packaging, Gatorade-inspired lace locks and insoles, and "If I Could Be" text stitched on inside of the tongue. The kicks will release alongside a line of matching "Like Mike" apparel as well.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Still, except for the colour, that's a pretty nice shoe.
    Kung Fu is good for you.