Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Warren Bussett

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ-Blue View Post
    Are you saying that taxes are too low right now?
    For the top earners, yes.

I've never stated taxes are not necessary. I believe this is now twice in this thread alone you've attributed things to me I've not even said. Debate what I say, not what you claim I said.
    I've attributed just fine, you are avoiding accepting a point at which lowering taxes ceases to pay off, if you say there is no such point, then that means no taxes are necessary.

Accounts Receivable Tax
    Building Permit Tax
    CDL license Tax
    Cigarette Tax
    Corporate Income Tax
    Dog License Tax
    Federal Income Tax
    Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
    Fishing License Tax
    Food License Tax,
    Fuel permit tax
    Gasoline Tax
    Hunting License Tax
    Inheritance Tax
    Interest expense
    Inventory tax
    IRS Interest Charges
    IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)
    Liquor Tax
    Luxury Taxes
    Marriage License TaxMedicare Tax
    Property Tax
    Real Estate Tax
    Service charge taxes
    Social Security Tax
    Road usage taxes
    Sales Tax
    Recreational Vehicle Tax
    School Tax
    State Income Tax
    State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)
    Telephone federal excise tax
    Telephone federal universal service fee tax
    Telephone federal, state and local surcharge taxes
    Telephone minimum usage surcharge tax
    Telephone recurring and non-recurring charges tax
    Telephone state and local tax
    Telephone usage charge tax
    Utility Taxes
    Vehicle License Registration Tax
    Vehicle Sales Tax
    Watercraft registration Tax
    Well Permit Tax
    Workers Compensation Tax

Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago, and our nation was the most prosperous in the world. We had absolutely no national debt, had the largest middle class in the world, and Mom stayed home to raise the kids.
    What happened?

There is no such thing as a nation without taxes.
    ergo the question is moot.

Nations cannot be without taxation, prosperous or otherwise.
    The question, though it came from an interesting person, is fake at the bottom line and used as a piece of political rhetoric.

take one second to think about the statement.

then take another to think about exactly how nations would prosper without taxes.

done. good. So you understand how political rhetoric is all crap now?

good. :-)
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Accounts Receivable Tax
    Building Permit Tax
    CDL license Tax
    Cigarette Tax
    Corporate Income Tax
    Dog License Tax
    Federal Income Tax
    Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
    Fishing License Tax
    Food License Tax,
    Fuel permit tax
    Gasoline Tax
    Hunting License Tax
    Inheritance Tax
    Interest expense
    Inventory tax
    IRS Interest Charges
    IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)
    Liquor Tax
    Luxury Taxes
    Marriage License TaxMedicare Tax
    Property Tax
    Real Estate Tax
    Service charge taxes
    Social Security Tax
    Road usage taxes
    Sales Tax
    Recreational Vehicle Tax
    School Tax
    State Income Tax
    State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)
    Telephone federal excise tax
    Telephone federal universal service fee tax
    Telephone federal, state and local surcharge taxes
    Telephone minimum usage surcharge tax
    Telephone recurring and non-recurring charges tax
    Telephone state and local tax
    Telephone usage charge tax
    Utility Taxes
    Vehicle License Registration Tax
    Vehicle Sales Tax
    Watercraft registration Tax
    Well Permit Tax
    Workers Compensation Tax

Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago, and our nation was the most prosperous in the world. We had absolutely no national debt, had the largest middle class in the world, and Mom stayed home to raise the kids.
    What happened?
    Essentially free labor dissapeared with the end of Jim Crow laws.

Child labor ended.

Need any more nails in your utopian coffin? We'd bomb those primitives to dust in a nanosecond, we're closer to having a state of liberty than they ever could dream possible for all Americans, and we aren't putting frikkin kids in coal mines. Sometimes doing the right thing is more important than the dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    done. good. So you understand how political rhetoric is all crap now?
    Who is calling for NO taxes? I've missed those candidates, so please fill me in.

Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    Need any more nails in your utopian coffin?
    Ask the community organizer. He promised us Utopia, and all we got was 9% unemplyment and record debt. I'm just stating that the solution is to lower taxes, lower regulation, and cut spending.

I don't believe in that garbage. I live in the real world. And in the real world economies that are least hamstrung by Gov't intervention are the ones who do the best. Emulate success, not failure.

Essentially free labor dissapeared with the end of Jim Crow laws.

Child labor ended.
    So you're saying the debt soured and that most households went from one provider to two providers because we ended child labor?

So you're saying the debt soured and that most households went from one provider to two providers because we ended child labor?
    with the end of child labour and indentured slavery and with the rise of unions, taxes started to get higher because people couldn't oppress others physically into working for nothing.

the people that did that tended to be the wealthy elite, yes, not much has changed since the beginning of time has it.

Now, we are oppressed by unnecessary taxes that are hoisted upon us, instead of onto the profits of huge corporations controlled by few that are producing the most economic wealth and are not giving back to the people that make it.

I didn't say the wealthy elite were stupid. I'd say they were more like a pack of psychopaths in a lot of ways.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Talk about making up arguments.

You're saying that companies were paying children and blacks fair wages, and that this wage scale did not end after the end of those two institutions? Okay.

For the majority of U.S. history, a statistically large amount of those in labor could not receive a fair wage for their work, and business benefited from this. When this ended, costs went up because the cost of labor went up.

Now, Chinese and Indian kids do it.

This is the succesful model you admire while arguing about the lack of morality of fatherless children.

with the end of child labour and indentured slavery and with the rise of unions, taxes started to get higher because people couldn't oppress others physically into working for nothing.
    So when the evil corporations couldn't exploit people anymore, the solution was higher taxes?

Now, we are oppressed by unnecessary taxes that are hoisted upon us, instead of onto the profits of huge corporations controlled by few that are producing the most economic wealth and are not giving back to the people that make it.
    You're nuts if you believe this.

First off, if a corporation hires people, they are giving back. You liberals can't fathom that jobs are an important part of society and that "the rich" provide large numbers of those jobs.

Talk about making up arguments.
    Your comprehension is horrible. I asked if that was what you meant because I was confused. I never attributed it to you.

This is the succesful model you admire while arguing about the lack of morality of fatherless children.
    So can you show me where I called for the legalization of unregualted child labor?

And it's not the children's lack of morality I blame primarily, it's the fathers lack of it I blame primarily.

And why can't you two liberals just admit that a 2 parent household is better than a single parent household? Is this toxic to you guys or something?

And arguing about child labor is not what that list was about. Stay on topic please and tell us what changed as it asked you to.

You asked what changed since a hundred years ago in regards to our economy. The dissapearance of segregation and child labor are relevant. The huge entitlements and breaks for businesses are relevant. Our economy wasn't based on getting our savings into the economy by hook or crook to the extent it is now. The change in corporate law, deregulation, the states ending up having to pay for business costs and damage that corporations and businesses create, but get out of handling, are far more involved now. Nuclear power, oil, the overconsumption of oil, the loss of Iran, the subsequent need to use military power in the middle east for supply chain purposes, all costs beyond what was going on a hundred years ago. The changeover from companies building for war efforts and people rationing to a system where we maintain consumer spending even though consumers haven't, on average, had a real savings in thirty years.

What's your opinion on how spending contributes to the problem?

The huge entitlements and breaks for businesses are relevant.
    What do you do for a living?

If you believe this, I'm sure it's not in manufacturing of any kind. We sure as sh*t don't get any entitlements or breaks. All we get is more and more regulation.

What's your opinion on how spending contributes to the problem?
    Since I think the taxes are too low on the rich, this certainly puts a kibbosh on spending.

Plus, our military expenditures constitute big government, huge government. Parcelling out development of military equipment to different states is a horrible practice. It should be developed rationally, in the best regions for the task.

Afghanistan should always have been just about getting Bin Laden.

Monuments and celebrations are a waste of money. Roads and infrastructure are neglected for these things.

Schools are underfunded by overfunded politicians.

Spending has to happen, and the bottom cannot be allowed to fall out from under the populace.

Tax breaks for businesses failed to make businesses lean and powerful. Entitlements as well.

What do you do for a living?

If you believe this, I'm sure it's not in manufacturing of any kind.
    I have worked in manufacturing, but don't now.

We sure as sh*t don't get any entitlements or breaks.
    You don't get any tax breaks?

Remember all the small company owners during Bush's term that got a break for getting a work vehicle, and so many got Hummers, a ton got vehicles they barely used for business, but all got the break. Bunch of frauds. we don't support any troop when we waste oil.

Regardless of your company, there's a lot of money in tax breaks for businesses that are undeserved. I'm all for supporting small business, and all for letting big business support itself for once.

All we get is more and more regulation.
    Regulation has never been enforced less. Your industry might be an exception, but most manufacturers are not.