Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Warren Bussett

Quote Originally Posted by Reality_Check View Post
    What about hedge fund or private equity managers? Their income is treated as capital gains. So, should they not be taxed at all?
    They will still be paying Income Taxes.

That's why a Flat Tax is the perfect solution. Everyone pays the same rate, no deductions. If you make 8x what I do, you pay 8x the income taxes I do. What's unfair about that?

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ-Blue View Post
    We already do that. It's called the Inheritance Tax.
    Nuh Uh. Do it at the stock market.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

They will still be paying Income Taxes.

That's why a Flat Tax is the perfect solution. Everyone pays the same rate, no deductions. If you make 8x what I do, you pay 8x the income taxes I do. What's unfair about that?
    No they won't. They do not pay income taxes on the money they earn managing their funds. That money is taxed as capital gains, not income. Which is why they aren't paid a "salary". So, if you eliminate the capital gains tax, that money will not be taxed at all. Which is the complete opposite of what Warren Buffet is advocating in his op-ed.
    1bad65, you make me laugh. Dare I say it? You seem to be suffering from ODS (Obama Derangement Syndrome).

"I didn't vote for him but he's my president, and I hope he does a good job." - John Wayne

Clearly you want President Obama to fail, or else you wouldn't bring up every little thing you can to try and discredit him and his Administration. You seems to be actively hoping for failure.

Perhaps you can take a lesson from The Duke.

I do have one question for you. How was the community organizer's 'stimulus' supposed to work? Or put another way, what was theory behind the 'stimulus' money getting the economy moving again?
    Remember when you always inserted Hussein in your posts about him? Back when you were the resident birther? Wasn't that tacky?

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Nuh Uh. Do it at the stock market.
    That's called the Capitol Gains Tax.

Look, you're the guy who said the Federal Reserve is a private corporation, and now you are arguing economics with me?

Quote Originally Posted by Reality_Check View Post
    No they won't. They do not pay income taxes on the money they earn managing their funds. That money is taxed as capital gains, not income. Which is why they aren't paid a "salary". So, if you eliminate the capital gains tax, that money will not be taxed at all. Which is the complete opposite of what Warren Buffet is advocating in his op-ed.
    FYI, money you earn is called income.

I don't care what it's called now. If you are right, then change it. If you institute a Flat Tax, everything you take in is taxed as income. Period. No deductions, tax shelters, etc.

So if it is taxed right now as Capitol Gains and you eliminate the Capitol Gains Tax, then tax it under the Income Tax. It's not this hard to figure out.

That's called the Capitol Gains Tax.

Look, you're the guy who said the Federal Reserve is a private corporation, and now you are arguing economics with me?
    Aren't you the guy who said there were no riots in the depression?

Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    Remember when you always inserted Hussein in your posts about him? Back when you were the resident birther? Wasn't that tacky?
    It's never tacky to refer to someone by their name. If he doesn't like it, he is free to change it. He actually has used different names in the past, he has used the last name "Sotero" before, but now no longer uses it.

But I've explained this before, and maybe you were not around then, so I'll do it again:

I will refer to him as the community organizer because he referred to a group of law-abiding, taxpaying American citizens as "tea baggers" because they did not agree with him. That's disrespectful. So I will show him the same respect he showed that group of Americans. And he was a community organizer, so that description fits him perfectly.

And fyi, his Vice President recently referred to that same group of law-abiding taxpaying American citizens as "terrorists".
    Last edited by BJJ-Blue; 08-16-2011 at 02:36 PM.

Aren't you the guy who said there were no riots in the depression?
    No, I said this:

"Unemployment during our Great Depression was alot higher than it is now and you didn't see Americans rioting, looting, assaulting innocent bystanders, and burning down parts of the cities during that entire time."

You are once again adding things I did not say and cutting out other things I did say so you can use statements I've never made against me. Can you please stop doing that?

One more simple request

Can you please answer this question:

How was the community organizer's 'stimulus' supposed to work? Or put another way, what was theory behind the 'stimulus' money getting the economy moving again?

We already covered this, they did riot, loot, attack innocent bystanders, and burn buildings. I even said I'd give you time to do a google search, and then RC did one for you, and you're still claiming the same thing.

This on top of being a birther.

Can you please answer this question:

How was the community organizer's 'stimulus' supposed to work? Or put another way, what was theory behind the 'stimulus' money getting the economy moving again?
    Start a thread about it, and maybe someone will talk to you there.

It's never tacky to refer to someone by their name. If he doesn't like it, he is free to change it. He actually has used different names in the past, he has used the last name "Sotero" before, but now no longer uses it.

But I've explained this before, and maybe you were not around then, so I'll do it again:

I will refer to him as the community organizer because he referred to a group of law-abiding, taxpaying American citizens as "tea baggers" because they did not agree with him. That's disrespectful. So I will show him the same respect he showed that group of Americans. And he was a community organizer, so that description fits him perfectly.

And fyi, his Vice President recently referred to that same group of law-abiding taxpaying American citizens as "terrorists".
    Passive aggresive. You've never done anything but use terms snidely about him, INCLUDING Hussein, long before the teabaggers existed. I doubt one member here thinks orherwise, despite your lame justifications.

We already covered this, they did riot, loot, attack innocent bystanders, and burn buildings.
    You showed they burned buildings to commit insurance fraud. That's not whats going on right now in Britain.

And you showed ONE example of an innocent bystander being attacked. ONE. I can upload YouTube clips that show multiple innocent people being assaulted. And the current Philly assaults are all black on white, which appear fit the description of "hate crimes". The ONE example you gave was not of a "hate crime".

And you did not present any examples of them looting designer clothes, shoes, or electronic/luxury items.
    Last edited by BJJ-Blue; 08-16-2011 at 02:49 PM.

Start a thread about it, and maybe someone will talk to you there.
    Come on, you know that is relevant to this discussion. It's about taxes and the economy. Let's keep it simple, please.