Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Permission?

It shouldn't be asking for permission. I should be informing.

Guys with more experience are easier to teach, even if the experience is mimicking form, they're easier to teach then rank newbies.

I just wanted to inform you guys that I am The King now.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    only stupid cantonese ask for permission. real men do whatever they want.
    I see your mom has influenced you greatly. Good answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    I just wanted to inform you guys that I am The King now.
    Are we to assume the month long hiatus was a pill popping binge?

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    only stupid cantonese ask for permission. real men do whatever they want.
    YOU'RE RIGHT !!!!
    * bends Bawang over and pumps his ass silly !!!*
    SPARTA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is why you should never teach your students the counters for your "door guarding moves". I had 7 of my own students challenged me in the past. To hide something from your students is serious matter.
    Just because we teach, doesn't mean the student can learn. I don't hide anything. They hide it from themselves. Which sometimes frustrates us to no end. Like, how many times, and how many different ways, do I have to show and explain the same concept again and again?

One of the reasons we teach is to have a partner to train with. In that case, i want a partner that's good. Not one that I can beat because I left out some secret piece of information.

After that student(and his classmates) turned on my teacher, he was so disappointed that he kicked out all the students and shut down the school. Some time later he contacted a few students of good character and started teaching again, but in private.
    Last edited by -N-; 08-18-2011 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Eagle_76 View Post
    LMAO, this coming from a guy with two years of training who's own Sifu called him a wack job!!
    Why do you MMA-ists/Kickboxers (TCMA clueless ones, at that), insist on lying when an actual TCMA-ist holds a position different from yours?

By the way, even if my kung fu training was only for two years, then it would have been two years more than you! Live with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Eagle_76 View Post
    Sorry if I don't listen to your "expert" opinion.
    And you should be, that is, sorry for yourself! I got more TCMA knowledge in my little finger than you do in your whole body. Live with it!

I think it depends on the teacher, their are many different teachers who teach for different reasons and are at different levels.

Some teach just to make a buck, and will not want to loose their pay check. These teachers probably are not teaching anything of any value anyway and will try to talk you out of other teachers because they know you will leave them because they don't have much to offer.

Some teach to improve themselves and pass on a art, they will not want the student to learn wrong things but will not restrict the students having to explore others to find out if he is learning something good and will give recommended teachers.

Some teach just to practice on others and don't pass on their art anyway, they usually don't care what you do.

But if the student is at a low level then changing teachers will not matter until the student gets some time and experience under their belt, and low level students can not tell what teacher is offering a full course or just partial path. If you are a low level student the teacher will not waste much time with you anyway until you show that you have learned the basics and are a serious student and he will not be wasting his time teaching you.

So ask your teacher if he says no, then you know you don't have a good teacher

Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    Are we to assume the month long hiatus was a pill popping binge?
    I only took the blue pills!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    I only took the blue pills!

So you had a raging boner for a month? That sounds painful!
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

Lol!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brule View Post
    I didn't want to get off topic from ginosifu's thread but his first paragraph got me thinking. I have always wondered why is there this mentality that you need permission to train with other Sifu's. If you say, it's the old school, then i say what about those who learned from various sifu's, ie: CTS as LKFMCDCANDMF has made it known more than once.

Is this simply another thing used to keep the student from seeing what others do with the fear of them having something better? or that these sifu's don't know what they are doing thus wouldn't want to be exposed?

Please help me understand........
    My Xingyi teacher encourages me to learn from whoever as does my Muay Thai kru.

On the other hand, I was politely "dis-invited" from training with a dojo/dojang (who I had been with since I was 10 years old) simply for working out with Mixed Martial Artists and owning (Un)Caged Fighter.

I think it boils down to how how securely you feel about your own teachings whether or not you care if students learn elsewhere.

Train Hard,
    Josh Skinner

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    YOU'RE RIGHT !!!!
    * bends Bawang over and pumps his ass silly !!!*
    SPARTA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
    i am sorry sir, i respect white people culture but i dont do the bong bong bong in the anoos. not even on tuesdays.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Why not tuesday's, oh yeah, it's toonie tuesday at KFC. Better catch him on a wed Sanjuro.

Learn physics from one university professor... astronomy from another. English Lit. from a third.

Don't need permission. The secure with a good product don't care. The ones that care, you can do without.

Right now, is there an internal master that has himself, or produced a disciple, that has exhibited their ability to the outstanding level everybody fantasizes about seeing? An even somewhat competitively competent Kung Fuer? With distinguishing skills and characteristics?

Of course not!

Why put up with any bull$hit when you can train an awesome science for cheep, many times free, at a community boxing gym? Develop real heavy but loose hands. Awesome footwork.

They should be selling you! Why would anyone interested in real skill train Kung Fu today?