Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Permission?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pina View Post
    Learn physics from one university professor... astronomy from another. English Lit. from a third.

Don't need permission. The secure with a good product don't care. The ones that care, you can do without.

Right now, is there an internal master that has himself, or produced a disciple, that has exhibited their ability to the outstanding level everybody fantasizes about seeing? An even somewhat competitively competent Kung Fuer? With distinguishing skills and characteristics?

Of course not!

Why put up with any bull$hit when you can train an awesome science for cheep, many times free, at a community boxing gym? Develop real heavy but loose hands. Awesome footwork.

They should be selling you! Why would anyone interested in real skill train Kung Fu today?

Actually Ray, you're wrong here.
    You are looking for something to be gauged by the standards of some other thing.
    It's a disconnect and a lot of people make it.

What meditations are you capable of? How long can you sit in meditation?
    Can you lion dance? Any good at it? Head or Tail? How long can you go?
    Can you use a sword very well? how much practice do you have with it? Can you compete with it? How about a staff? You any good with one of those? Ever used it in a fight? Spear? Knife?

Kung Fu is NOT a sport. I can't say this enough. Like yoga is not a sport and there is more to yoga than cougars in a hot room with massive camel toes bulging left and right.

there are 8 limbs of yoga, 6 of which are pretty much NOT practiced at all in the "western" understanding.

In Shaolin Kung Fu, there are what is known as the Three treasures.
    They are Ch'an, Martial arts and Medicine.
    Do you in you competition idea make room for medical competition? Zen?

I'm perfectly alright with sport fighting, boxing, wrestling, kickboxing etc etc. But on their own, like the fighting portion of Kung Fu, it is incomplete.

what more is there to sport fighting besides the fighting? You can only do that for a limited time. Then what?

When I'm old, I'll still have my kung fu even if I don't fight.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Like yoga is not a sport and there is more to yoga than cougars in a hot room with massive camel toes bulging left and right.
    You've crushed my dreams. ****.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb