Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something I cooked for my student

Some of you guys need to lighten up. There is no way that this dish is bad for you. The bowl of rice is more likely to cause the heart attack than the pork. Fat does not metabolize into fat. Only carbohydrates metabolize into fat. pasta, noodles, breads, and most anything rich in starches will be bad, with rice probably being the least of the bunch. Well, processed sugars are probably the worst of all.
    I am overweight. And I am old. I go to the VA every 6 months for a checkup, and my numbers are always very low. Cholesterol is around 100, with very low triglycerides. My good cholesterol is higher, bad low. The numbers speak for themselves. I eat stuff like this all the time. At one time I ate lots of starchy vegetables and breads, drank lots of soda with sugar, and loved sweets. You should have seen my numbers then.
    Jackie Lee

Haha! Finally someone is here talking with experience. Cool, nice to hear!

I don't see how this pot of thing, when you only eat it once a while, will cause you any problem at all~
    (Mak Jo Si, Tin Yat Lineage Taoism) A Taoism Master with 16yrs+ of experience in Taoism and as a career. Exorcism is my profession.

Chi in Nature - My Taoism Temple Website
    Taoist Master BLOG - my blog

My Kungfu Channel on Youtube

Moderation is key. Also, genetics help too. Some people can eat crap all day every day and still have good test results, others have to follow a strict diet or they run the risk of losing their health. Such is life, we're not all created the same.