Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is your opion of the past SHAOLIN MONKS who were idolised as heroes !!!!! When they could be co

joedoe Guest

I was waiting for that

tanglangman:

The argument I used was purely for argument's sake. I was not trying to disparage America in any way, just trying to prove my point. mercilessfighter was portraying Shaolin heroes as criminals simply because they were hunted by the government of the time.

My point in the American example was not to paint Americans as criminals, but to point out that if someone fights for a just cause and is hunted by the government because of it, it doesn't necessarily make them a criminal.

Take for example, Rob Roy and William Wallace. Both were hunted by the government of the time, yet neither is considered a criminal, but heroes.

I could argue that to kill another human is a crime, so every soldier to ever kill is also a criminal, but that would be unfair. There are circumstances surrounding every action that change the way you view the act.

And yes, I know Australia was founded as a penal colony :).

tanglangman Guest
    I accept that.

You are using Rob Roy and William Wwallace as examples. How do you know if they ever committed a criminal act? They were criminals at the time and they are now lookad upon as heroes. This is because history has disorted the representation of the events.

Lets apply the same logic to a more contemporary situation. Look at the northern Ireland situation. Lets say for arguements sake that the unionists are fighting a just cause. Now the paramilitray organisations were using terriost tactics to achieve their goals. But would you then say that they are heroes? It is exactly the same as Rob Roy and William Wallace. Apart from it is happening now.

Fish of Fury Guest
    if you take a packet of chewing gum into singapore you're a criminal too.
    there are very few clear lines, no black and white only shades of grey...
    ...oh, except mercilessfighter is obviously a moron trying (inadequately) to stir up trouble.that much is clear

fiercest tiger Guest

hello my troll ass kicking brrothers!

its good to see we are all together on one thread again. hope you are all well, and training hard. :D

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

joedoe Guest
    Hi FT, good to hear from you again :).

tanglangman:

I agree - what is seen in current times as criminal, may in fact be viewed in 100 years time as heroic. Mind you the difference is that while the IRA indiscrimminately kills people in its 'quest', the 'heroes' of the past were never attributed such crimes.

I agree that history can often be distorted. I also believe that heroes are considered heroes for a reason, not just because of a distortion of historical facts.

Then your so called shaolin heroes,apart from seeking refuge in the shaolin monastry ,because the monastry had immunity status,(similar to an embassy).and being a above average fighter ,WHAT DEEDS HAS THEY EVER DONE? To be considered heroes.Maybe one day your SKATES,in SPAIN, will be your national hero.

kelvein chan

GreyMystik Guest

mercilessfighter!

your so-called posts are butchering the english language and are completely devoid of any intellectually stimulating material whatsoever.

should we forgive YOU?!? :D

Muhammad Guest

Serious Frothing in the mouth by Merciless

hahahaha Man this is funny, he is so incoherant what was that again merciless???? in english this time

hahahaha

There is only one god and Muhammad is his prophet

MUHAMMAD,still planning to go to MOUNT ARAFAT with your muslim brothers? you won't find that foreskin again ,its history ,kaput.

kelvein chan

Muhammad Guest

Im sorry what was that again???

um merciless i mean Mr incoherant, maybe u should wipe the froth coming out of your mouth and concentrate on writing your post,

hehehehe yes again out of the topic and incoherant, please calm down and stop frothing and maybe u will be able to write an intelligent post

joedoe Guest
    mercilessfister, the Shaolin Temple had no such immunity. If you bothered to stop frothing at the mouth and read some history, you will find it was burned to the ground at least once.

At least I can admire people like the Shaolin heroes. Who do you admire? A bug?

At least we dont admire the type of people MUHHAMMAD ,does.BIN LADEN,SADDHAM HUSSEIN.!!!!!!!!!!!

kelvein chan

Muhammad Guest

Froth Froth Froth

hahahah

merciless, u are still gettin excited about naming your fantasy lovers like saddam, please if u are gonna get all excited and become incoherant when u name your fantasy lovers, please wait till u have finish jerkin off b'fore u post.

i am trying to help u here, so please calm down and stop frothing in the mouth when u post so we can understand u

still waiting for a coherant reply

muhammed you are a loser

you call yourself a muslim. you are such a loser. you only talk about mounting arafat. you f*cking idiot. at this time of the year, all of yer tipless brothers are crawling up the mount arafat to retrace the steps of your great prophet mohammed to look for yer lost tip.
    get ya facts right you p00f. :D

kelvein chan

BIU JI Guest

Merciless felcher

I hope I'm there when one of the many people you've insulted beats the crap out of you. Now you're insulting peoples religions, we know you're in Australia.
    You and you're pathetic personnas are going to be confronted one day and I bet you **** in you're pants. So keep it up f**khead, it's the usual way with trolls until you get caught.
    Who said troll hunting doesn't pay, they usually run a mile though.