Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Pork Chop's latest workout blog

Thanks Vash.
    Tough coming so close to my goal weight only to watch it all drift away and run out of money. I'll keep trying though.

Mon May 13, 2013
    Went to the onbase gym and boy was it crowded!

Started out with an alternating walk-jog around the track:
    1 lap walking, 1 lap jogging, 1 lap walking, 1 lap jogging, 1 lap walking

Went back inside & luckily it cleared out a little.
    Assisted pullup - Assisted dip Superset: 55lb assist x 10reps/10reps, 9reps/10reps, 8reps/10reps
    Ab wheel: 10 extensions/rolls
    2-handed dbell swings: 50lbs x 3 sets x 10 reps
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Tues May 14, 2013
    Elliptical crosstrainer: about 35min, 550cal, avg speed 5.5mph (50+rpm), total distance over 3mi. Was really sore from monday but still managed to break a good sweat.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.

Thursday May 16, 2013
    onbase gym

laps around the track: 1 lap walking, 4 laps jogging, 1 lap walking (total 1.5 mi)
    -felt pretty good

Cleans: 115lbs x 5 reps, 135lbs x 5 reps, 135lbs x 5 reps, 135lbs x 5 reps.
    -after first set, was putting weight back up on bench rack (didn't realize they had a decent power rack in one of the other rooms) and I pulled something in my lower back. Rest of the workout was a struggle.

Bench press: 135lbs x 12 reps, 155lbs x 10 reps, 175lbs x 5 reps, 175lbs x 2 reps, 175lbs x 2 reps, 175lbs x 1 rep
    -think i was scared more than anything else on 175lbs; bench kinda freaks me out.

Swiss ball reverse crunch: 4sets x 10reps
    -that's the only name i can think of for this exercise. it actually involves a bozu ball (where half the ball is flat) and the swiss ball. I put my feet on the swiss ball, hands on the bozu ball, and pull my knees in to my chest then extend them out.

Assisted chinup - neutral grip: 55lb assist x 10 reps, 50lb assist x 5 reps, 45lb assist x 5 reps, 40lb assist x 5 reps.

Friday 17 May 2013
    Back was killing me & was sore so I just went home.
    Hoping to be back to normal by Monday.

having a hard time keeping this thing up because i can't post from work.
    basically worked out 4 times last week, all muay thai, tons of calisthenic warm ups.
    not just training other folks anymore. I still hold a bit but I'm much more likely to hit them now. Good amount of bag work, jump rope, shadow, and technique work. doing 5 min rounds usually.