Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Pork Chop's latest workout blog

Tuesday 9/6/2011
    Put in a real muay thai day tonight.
    5 rounds jump rope with calisthenics during the rest
    stretching routine
    more calisthenics (burpees, lunges, calf raises, squat jumps, high knees)
    3 rounds of shadow
    a bunch of partner work (attack/counter drills)
    kicks on the heavybags (35 low round each leg, 35 mid round ea, 35 high round ea, 100 push kicks ea, 10 low round ea on the harder bag, 10 mid round ea hard bag)
    some ballistic stretching to finish
    took over 2 hours altogether and i still didn't really hit everything i wanted to hit
    the bags are hard as sh!t these days so my legs got torn up

diet-wise, i've been doing good except for my cheat day.
    I think i way over did it on the sushi on saturday.
    my weight jumped up 6+ pounds on saturday and even today (tues) i'm still 3lbs over what I was saturday morning.
    Calorie-wise, the idea of 18000+ calories in 1 day (let alone one meal) makes absolutely no sense; but the weight fluctuation is kinda crazy...

I have a feeling that this saturday's weigh-in is going to go bad...
    The idea behind saturdays was a meal where I could eat what I wanted without worrying about points; not an excuse to pig out until I get sick - so I'm going to have to do a better job on saturdays.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

18000+ calories in 1 day who told you to intake this much energy?
    Go hard or go home or some where else up to you

http://therandomandthefit.blogspot.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by viper View Post
    18000+ calories in 1 day who told you to intake this much energy?
    sorry if that was confusing.
    apparently i gained 6 pounds in 1 day.
    there are 3000 calories in 1 pound of fat.
    that would require a calorie intake of 18000+ calories in that one day to gain 6lbs of fat.
    as bad as I pigged out, I don't think i pigged out THAT much.
    then again, muscle is supposed to be something like 600 to 800 calories per pound; so there is that possibility.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.

Did you take into account your hydration status which can affect the weight a bit more then you think.

Did you take into account your hydration status which can affect the weight a bit more then you think.
    good point
    last weigh in was on tuesday
    i think it was in the morning
    i was still 3lbs over
    hoping to be okay by saturday, but no guarantees given the fact that i won't be able to work out.

Why do you have cheat days is your diet bodybuilder strict?

Why do you have cheat days is your diet bodybuilder strict?
    My definition of "bodybuilder strict", is eating the same bland food over and over.
    My diet is not this type of diet.
    There are, however, foods that I can not eat while on this diet.
    Some of these foods are some of my favorite things to eat.
    These foods are typically foods that have extremely high calories or fat; or foods that I have no applicable nutrition info for - even with online assistance like Livestrong with nutrition info for over 75,000 different foods.

My point of having the cheat meal is so that I can have one meal a week without stressing over counting points (calories) or worrying about getting the healthier option.
    If I want chicken strips from popeyes, buffalo wings from wingstop, pizza, fried sushi rolls, a double cheeseburger, etc; Saturday night is my night to get that in. I just need to remember to just eat what I want, not just eat till i get get sick.

Didn't have time to eat last night between the round trip to houston and my masters course.
    Weighed myself this morning and I was 4 pounds under my weight from last saturday (7 pounds lower than tuesday). Going to do muay thai tonight and stay the course. If the weight stays somewhat consistent for tomorrow's weigh in, then it's some nice progress. 49 more weeks and I'll be at my goal.

Friday 9/9/2011
    Muay thai tonight.
    hit it from about 5:45 to 7:30.
    jump rope
    calisthenics
    stretching
    then a ton of technique work with a partner

no bag or shadow, but i didn't have much choice, and there's a limit on how much time i can spend down there.

Dinner was a nice salad of chicken & veggies with olive oil over spinach. Tasty.

We'll see what tomorrow brings

Monday 9/12/2011
    Yoga tonight
    think i'm getting better, some of it still hard.
    left shoulder bugging me a bit in the back (left rear delt).

pepper encrusted tuna steak for dinner.
    diet's going pretty well.
    was 240.6 for my last weigh-in, 11.6lbs overall.

think i'm going to switch up the schedule.
    not a huge fan of the krav maga class.
    their fitness classes are cool, but the martial art itself is kinda "meh" - just not my mentality.
    I'm going to try to switch out thursday's KM level 1 class with All-in-all-out.
    Depends on whether or not All-in-all-out has the KM 1 prereq like the Fit-to-fight class; which requires you to pass the km1 test before you can take it.
    new schedule would look like this:
    monday - yoga
    tuesday - muay thai
    wednesday - cross fitness (cross training)
    thursday - all-in-all-out (more crosstraining) [or the cardio bag class]
    friday - muay thai

Peeing and taking a big dump can cause you to lose a few pounds, too.

I agree with viper; some of it was likely water weight.

You didn't eat 18,000 calories in one day unless you like drank butter all day or something.
    Last edited by IronFist; 09-12-2011 at 07:35 PM.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
    Peeing and taking a big dump can cause you to lose a few pounds, too.

I agree with viper; some of it was likely water weight.

You didn't eat 18,000 calories in one day unless you like drank butter all day or something.
    yah, I still lost 3.2lbs over the previous week come saturday morning, so it looks like I was stressing over nothing.

Tuesday 9/12/2011
    Muay thai on Tuesday night.
    As soon as I finished my 5 rounds of jump rope with calisthenics during the breaks I had to rush off to spend the rest of the night training noobs.
    First hour was my friend from work, it was his first day, we went over footwork & the 4 punches.
    Second hour was defense drills with this kid who first came to the school over a decade ago and who really should know better by now.
    Not to sound like a whiny b****, but I don't really like having to spend that much time training classmates. I mean, I wasn't even allowed to finish my warm up; haven't been able to get in any serious bag time, and I'm really not getting any workout to speak of from the defense drills.
    I'm glad my technique is coming back.
    Friday, I'm going to make a serious push to start using thai pads for these guys' defense drills.
    It'll be the same techniques, but at least we can put some power into the counters.

Diet's still going okay.
    Have to go to Houston again this weekend, so no weight watchers meeting or weigh in.
    That means my weigh in a week from saturday should hopefully be that much more impressive.
    Next Tuesday will be the end of my first month on the program, only 11 more to go to hit my goal.

Wednesday 9/14/2011
    Just got out of Cross Fitness class at the krav maga gym.
    Rocked the weightlifting portion; which was 20 minutes of a barbell circuit.
    I burned out my abs in the first couple exercises in the 20 minute core workout; plus we had to do more pushups, which we'd just burned out during the barbell circuit - failed that miserably. Managed to recover enough to finish out the core portion strong.
    The 20 minute bag session was kind of confusing. They started while half the class was in the room for the core workout, so when I walked in, I thought it was a separate workout class. Probably missed about 5 minutes of it, but did my best to catch up and work hard.

May have to stop putting jalepenos on my lunch - have the worst esophageal burn tonight.

Thursday 9/15/2011
    Tonight was my first time doing the All-in-all-out class.
    odeargawd
    i puked
    it was an hour and a half of punishment
    battle ropes.... rings... ground & pound dummies... calisthenics... crab walk... sprinting
    it was one of the hardest workouts I've ever done
    i'm fried - mentally and physically.
    don't know how i'm still awake.

Friday 9/16/2011
    Muay thai tonight.
    Not quite as bad as tuesday.
    First partner couldn't kick above his knees.
    Basically tried to tire him out.
    Second partner was my friend from work.
    Only his second class, but a bit of a surprise.
    Did a lot better than I thought he would.
    We were able to drill a lot more realistically than I have been.
    Final drill he went a little bit "too" realistic; but I think it was more due to my terrible head movement.
    Haven't trained pure boxing in a long time.
    Caught me a lot more than i think he should have.
    Afterwards, I was able to get some kicks in on the bag.
    Finished up with some taiji.
    Not my best workout, but not a bad one either.
    Now I know I need to work on head movement.