Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Counter to front leg takedown?

Counter to front leg takedown?

Pretty much every SanDa video I see has one opponent grabbing the other opponent's front leg and pushing them back and slamming them to the ground. This seems to be the predominant take down.

So what's the counter?

EO

i dont know. i still havent figured out how to defend against a right hook.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    is this the shot? Or a leg pic?
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    i dont know. i still havent figured out how to defend against a right hook.
    That is because you don't practice Wing Chun!

Blog Entries
    The easiest counter is to press your opponent's head downward and let him to kiss the ground - dog eat sh!t.

The counter is to kick him in the face when he tries to grab your leg.
    Sith Legal Kung Fu is unstoppable.

this is the shuai jiao way to do it, opponent grabs leg,push opponents head down, grab opponents rear leg lift leg and dump opponent to side.

Move feet back, drop your hips, use your body to brace against the shoot.

level change and get the underook before they get the leg....prevention is better than cure........ if they do get in on the leg and are silly enough to put the head on the outside, make the leg heavy and crossface them so hard you break their jaw rip their head off to make them let go

Pull front leg back at 45 degree angle, using one arm to "check", while with the other palm strike the head, preferably the side. Forget doing this technique if you have never learned how to palm strike properly in a manner to knock out or at least daze a person.

Second option. Pull front leg back, push the uncoming head down and sink your elbow on the spine or back of the neck. Forget doing this technique if you have not acquired the body unity to make this technique effective and damaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    Pull front leg back at 45 degree angle, using one arm to "check", while with the other palm strike the head, preferably the side. Forget doing this technique if you have never learned how to palm strike properly in a manner to knock out or at least daze a person.

Second option. Pull front leg back, push the uncoming head down and sink your elbow on the spine or back of the neck. Forget doing this technique if you have not acquired the body unity to make this technique effective and damaging.
    Or forget doing the above unless you want to get maimed

listen to the guys on this board who actually grapple

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    level change and get the underook before they get the leg....prevention is better than cure........ if they do get in on the leg and are silly enough to put the head on the outside, make the leg heavy and crossface them so hard you break their jaw rip their head off to make them let go
    I like this answer so far. There are quite a few variables actually - like where does the shoot come from? Are they low shooting in on an ankle?

But heavy on the front foot and a low front hand allows you to crossface to the outside or whzzr to the inside with heavy hips - time it to grind them into the ground. That's a sprawl combined with the crossface or whzzr.

Catch wrestling has a grovit lock from there too that's not high percentage on good people but painful and nice to do to a noob shooter.

If someone is sticking their head out like the shu jaio picture I'd guillotine them.

Yep for submission grappling shooting a head outside single is silly, guillotine time or just take the back, even in a non sub match it screams to me crossface and rip the head off, much prefer head inside it is to me a much higher percentage move. Like the heavy hips bit, stuffing the head and sprawling with heavy hips is a good idea, got to watch for them taking the back but that easier with the head inside on a single leg, hence the ****zer should always be used (or a tleast an overhook)

As for the grovit ill reserve my judgement on that until next month when I have a seminar with billy robinson
    Last edited by Frost; 08-22-2011 at 05:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Or forget doing the above unless you want to get maimed

listen to the guys on this board who actually grapple
    Listen to the guys on this (Kung fu) board who actually practice kung fu!

There are still a few of us left!

Authentic Traditional Kung fu training does have grappling and does take the ground scenario into account.

It is not too late Frost, you live in the UK and still have access to genuine TCMA tuition. Look for it as it is still not easy to find, but it IS there.

Actually right now, the only thing I miss about the UK is my kung fu school!!!
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 08-22-2011 at 05:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    Listen to the guys on this (Kung fu) board who actually practice kung fu!

There are still a few of us left!

Authentic Traditional Kung fu training does have grappling and does take the ground scenario into account.

It is not too late Frost, you live in the UK and still have access to genuine TCMA tuition. Look for it as it is still not easy to find, but it IS there.

Actually right now, the only thing I miss about the UK is my kung fu school!!!
    your right i do have access to a very good TCMA instructor when i can get back to training with him, and guess what he grapples too

as for your way to deal with grappling well lets leave it to those reading this thread to decide which method actually works and which will get you run over by a grappler