Thread: New To The Forum

New To The Forum

Hello all, my name is Steve. I didn't see a new member introduction in here so I figured I would make a post to introduce myself.

We create fine hand crafted wooden dummys and mook jongs by hand. If there is anything I can help anyone with, please feel free to pm me or comment below.

I look forward to expanding my knowledge through your forum,

Have a nice day

Thank you
    Last edited by shaolinhouse; 08-15-2011 at 11:18 AM.
    Hand Crafted Wooden Dummies at Affordable Prices!

Shaolinhouse.com

welcome to the forum,
    A clever man learns from his mistakes but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Wing Chun kung fu in Redditch
    Worcestershire Wing Chun Kuen on facebook

Welcome to the forum. I visited your companies website and I like some of your products. Hope to do business with you in the future.
    Fut Hong Wing Chun Kuen (a.k.a. Invisible Buddha Fist Wing Chun), Northern New Jersey
    IBFWC @ youtube
    BBL28888 @ youtube

"Everybody's gotta plan, until they get hit!" - Mike Tyson

"Rule number 1: Don't get hit. Rule number 2: Remember rule number one."- Sifu Joseph Ng

"Pure or Impure Wing Chun, whatever beats an opponent is good Wing Chun" - pg 50, Wing Chun Warrior: The True Tales of WCKF Master Duncan Leung

Quote Originally Posted by nasmedicine View Post
    Welcome to the forum. I visited your companies website and I like some of your products. Hope to do business with you in the future.
    Thank you. We look forward to providing you the best in hand crafted wooden dummys.

Have a nice day

Shaolinhouse.com

Quote Originally Posted by wingchunIan View Post
    welcome to the forum,
    thank you wingchunian

Shaolinhouse.com

Welkom to the club

Quote Originally Posted by shaolinhouse View Post
    Thank you. We look forward to providing you the best in hand crafted wooden dummys.

Have a nice day
    I have one question in regards to your exotic hard wood dummies. Your site mentions "This particular one is wrapped in a beautiful American Black Walnut. Black Walnut is known for its strength and coloration." When you say "wrapped", are you applying a veneer?
    Fut Hong Wing Chun Kuen (a.k.a. Invisible Buddha Fist Wing Chun), Northern New Jersey
    IBFWC @ youtube
    BBL28888 @ youtube

"Rule number 1: Don't get hit. Rule number 2: Remember rule number one."- Sifu Joseph Ng

"Pure or Impure Wing Chun, whatever beats an opponent is good Wing Chun" - pg 50, Wing Chun Warrior: The True Tales of WCKF Master Duncan Leung

I have one question in regards to your exotic hard wood dummies. Your site mentions "This particular one is wrapped in a beautiful American Black Walnut. Black Walnut is known for its strength and coloration." When you say "wrapped", are you applying a veneer?
    Great question. The dummy's core is constructed with pine in an effort to not be wasteful and preserve our Earth's resources. This is also done because the core of the dummy does not take any abuse. Once the core is constructed it is then wrapped with the hardwood of your choice, in this case Black Walnut. We can construct the entire dummy out of the hardwood of your choice for an additional $100.00 usd.

To give you an idea of how our dummys are constructed, I have provided a youtube video below.

LINK TO VIDEO

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask and I will gladly answer them for you.

-Steve
    Last edited by shaolinhouse; 08-16-2011 at 02:44 PM. Reason: misspelling

Shaolinhouse.com

Was there anything else that I can help you with?

Shaolinhouse.com

Looks like some very beautiful dummies!
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!

Was there anything else that I can help you with?
    If I wanted to solid dummy make from solid (and not laminated) exotic wood, would your company be able to offer it? if so how much?
    IBFWC @ youtube
    BBL28888 @ youtube

Quote Originally Posted by mooyingmantis View Post
    Looks like some very beautiful dummies!
    Thank you. We take pride in everything we construct!

Shaolinhouse.com

If I wanted to solid dummy make from solid (and not laminated) exotic wood, would your company be able to offer it? if so how much?
    Yes that would not be a problem. The price would differ depending on the dummy that you would like constructed. Feel free to give Eric a call at 239-200-6240 and tell him that Steve sent you and he will get you squared away with everything that you need.

Thank you

Steve

Shaolinhouse.com

Yes that would not be a problem. The price would differ depending on the dummy that you would like constructed. Feel free to give Eric a call at 239-200-6240 and tell him that Steve sent you and he will get you squared away with everything that you need.

Thank you

Steve
    Thank you, will contact him soon. Currently shopping around.
    IBFWC @ youtube
    BBL28888 @ youtube

Thank you, will contact him soon. Currently shopping around.
    Sounds good. I look forward to potentially building you a dummy.

Shaolinhouse.com