Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conan the Barbarian.... :(

Conan: Red Nails

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0485621/

First off i must say RON FREAKING PERLMAN?!?!? WTF

that guy is so NOOOOOOOOT Conan

anyone who has ever read the original works will agree with me on this.

****ing ron ****ing perlman??!??!?!?

sry i just found this out and im irate
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

OK

let me eat my words most humbly

just found out it was animated LOL

so im a conan freak ok and i dont like ron perlman he sucks

but i suppose his voice is do able
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"

**** Pangquan I almost smashed my computer screen in total anger then saw your other post.
    I also read the works and have been anticipating another movie.

Your right about Perlman being wrong for a live action role.....he was Hellboy for Chrissakes!
    He was good in Quest for Fire tho.

So who do you think should play Conan if they ever get around to making a new film?

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    he was great in Quest for Fire, because he's a fukin Neandrathal! He didn't need make-up. I'm amazed he got into films at all. I mean, his hairline is an inch above his brow, which is overdeveloped,his bone structure suggests agromegly, I gues he figured,"What else could I possibly do?"
    But never Conan.

i almost smashed my screen too. thank god its animated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Quote Originally Posted by The Xia View Post
    cant see this, ill have to look when i get home. Trailer? or just some funny stuff..

Hmmm, who could play Conan.

Personally my impression of Conan differs from Arnold, he was ok, but not the perfect fit IMO.

Conan is like a tiger, large yet sleek, ripped beyond belief and lithe like a panther.

It would be difficult, I think they would need to get a relatively un known actor to pull off a live action.

I do like that they are doing Red Nails - Such a tribute to Howard. RIP

Personally Ive always been a fan of Boris Vallejo's and Frank Frezetta's interpretation of Conans Physique...

http://image56.webshots.com/56/7/64/...4pRGsyi_ph.jpg heres one by boris.

http://www.lafantasyart.com/images/B...Vallejo_59.JPG
    Last edited by PangQuan; 07-23-2007 at 12:03 PM.
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

Frazetta is a GOD.....His Artwork is timeless and his Conan renditions are some of the most superb pieces of work I have ever seen.

I think an unknown person should play Conan for sure.

They should revamp the franchise...I mean it's been talked about for years but nothing seems to be happening.

Quote Originally Posted by banditshaw View Post
    Frazetta is a GOD.....His Artwork is timeless and his Conan renditions are some of the most superb pieces of work I have ever seen.

I think an unknown person should play Conan for sure.

They should revamp the franchise...I mean it's been talked about for years but nothing seems to be happening.
    Totally need a new live action. Epic stylez

but see i remember before arnold became the governator, he said he was going to do 3 last movies before he officially retired from film.

Conan was one of those 3....could easily do conans autumn years, but now hes been governator it would really suck....

Frazetta is da bomb!
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

Conan the Barbarian.... :(

Supreme dissapointment....The action was good, the costumes were great...the story blows hard though. I'm a long time fan of Robert E. Howard...and I feel let down.

They ruined the world, destroyed the timeline and clusterfucked any chance of a promising return.

Here is what I think should have been the story:

Enter Thoth-Amon, enthralling tales of heroic barbarism, ruthless seabattles, crypt haunted demon slaying, and beautiful buxom rescuee's swept away along a blood drenched path to glory.. exit Thoth-Amon to a narrow and dark escape, naturally. I mean crickey you have Conan's life long adversary just waiting to befoul the world with dark rituals and sadistic magicks, hell bent on virgin sacrifices and summonings of things beyond the nether realms...wtf is wrong with freaking hollywood.

I could have done far, far better in my sleep. There are pages and pages of perfect material to draw from, and what do they do? fuck it all up the ass, sideways...

for instance, the animated movie that is in production, 'Red Nails' would have been a really bad ass live action movie...far better than this crap fest they fed us.

/endrant
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    and this is why i'll wait for dvd and be disappointed from the comforts of my couch.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

**** i wanted to see this. at least the fright night remake got 3 stars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

I am surprised by your surprise.
    Lets be honest, bad acting aside, Arnold nailed Conan.
    I know they wanted to re-boot it to make it a franchise, but the writing was on the wall:
    3-D = Crap
    Bad story
    Lead actor did NOT have the presence of an "Arnold".
    I can go on but the simple fact is that I don't think the director and writer UNDERSTOOD Conan.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

I love the Arnold Conan. He sort of ham-fists his way through the world, and every once in while displays a naive and childlike sense of self awareness and vulnerability.

I know that's not the REH Conan, but that movie is one of my all time favorites.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

i havent seen it so i cant judge...it got a decent review in the village voice here in ny..and if you ever read their movie reviews, they usually rip movies like conan to shreds, they are extremely harsh on most big action films...