Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Danger of Chi

What next? Is Tyke-won-do actually Satanism in disguise? What?

(Oh, actually I probably shouldn't joke, because some Christians think all Eastern martial arts are kindof like Satanism ... LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by andyhaas View Post
    What next? Is Tyke-won-do actually Satanism in disguise? What?

(Oh, actually I probably shouldn't joke, because some Christians think all Eastern martial arts are kindof like Satanism ... LOL)
    Just less than half the entire worlds population base their faith with Islam. The other slightly over half the entire world population range from athiest to every other religion, including Christianity. They all tend to condemn others for their religion and beliefs. Some will outright kill you because you believe differently. It is not just based in religion, but it is based in almost every fascit of life. Ones beliefs may differ from anothers, and so he either must be crazy or some sort of freak. We never seem to look at our own beliefs that way though. Just those of others.
    Jackie Lee

What would Jesus do?

Shaolin Kung Fu! Walking on water !

jumping to conclusions here

Don't get me wrong, I know there are plenty of nuts in Christianity that believe anything associated with "the east" is evil, but am I the only one who picked up on the fact that he's espousing theories from some form of Islam? He also states that it was a Sheikh that healed him, and mentions methods "in strict conformance to the Islamic Sharia."

I may be opening a can of worms, but Christianity has been a pretty popular punching bag with some of the forum members; perhaps a little work on reading comprehesion is needed?
    Last edited by kristcaldwell; 08-29-2011 at 11:07 AM.

Meh,

Religion is religion. I will admit I only glossed that piece of religiously motivated crazy.

If he's motivated by Islam instead of Christianity, it's 6 of one, half-dozen of the other, as far as I'm concerned.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

it's nothing more than one group dismantling the practice of another group in order to gain hierarchical dominance;

all religion is delusion, as is belief in god of any sort; but u can't argue that with people, because they r just too emotionally vested in it, to the point where they come up with rationales that defy rationality (e.g. - a god will never give u rational proof of its existence, bec it wants u to believe in it based on faith; there is no way to reason with that sort of perspective);

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    it's nothing more than one group dismantling the practice of another group in order to gain hierarchical dominance;

all religion is delusion, as is belief in god of any sort; but u can't argue that with people, because they r just too emotionally vested in it, to the point where they come up with rationales that defy rationality (e.g. - a god will never give u rational proof of its existence, bec it wants u to believe in it based on faith; there is no way to reason with that sort of perspective);
    Not my path!

I only offer what I have and it is people's choice to choose it or not. If they choose it, then I welcoem. If they don't it's fine with me too. So I am not a dominator.. but of course when you go into apple and ask them about pc, they will always tell you how much flaw there is in pc and so you need apple.. haha!
    (Mak Jo Si, Tin Yat Lineage Taoism) A Taoism Master with 16yrs+ of experience in Taoism and as a career. Exorcism is my profession.

Chi in Nature - My Taoism Temple Website
    Taoist Master BLOG - my blog

My Kungfu Channel on Youtube

I am an ordained minister of the Christian Faith. However, I do not really believe there is a god, or a life after death. I still minister to people that do have the faith. I know it seems a conflict of interest, but again it all really depends upon where your faith lies. Mine is in financial gain. I know it seems a bit wicked, but then I do not have to believe in this stuff in order to nourish the faith of those that feel the need. Just say it is all very real. According to the gospel I do not have to believe in it to preach. It is said that God works in mysterious ways, and that although I have not chosen God, he has chosen me. So here I am.
    Now, I feel that these people would be better served if I could convince them of the futility of their belief, but it would be almost impossible. So I do not even attempt it. I let them, as well as anyone else, have their own beliefs and I do not call them down on it. If numbers mattered, then Islam would be the true faith, as they number almost half the people in the entire world.
    Within most religions, there are ghosts, spirits, demons, and all sorts of evil minions. Christianity, Islam, all faiths battle with them. So if most all faiths believe in these evil things, then why not Cmac's faith or whatever it is called?
    Jackie Lee

http://makchingyuen.files.wordpress....oism_v1_21.pdf

a post for you to see, written by me recently, will update as time goes on. It's going to open your eyes to more knowledge and understand what is the "evils" we talk about in Taoism.
    Last edited by CYMac; 09-02-2011 at 02:54 AM.
    (Mak Jo Si, Tin Yat Lineage Taoism) A Taoism Master with 16yrs+ of experience in Taoism and as a career. Exorcism is my profession.

Chi in Nature - My Taoism Temple Website
    Taoist Master BLOG - my blog

My Kungfu Channel on Youtube

"Qigong can cause serious damages from incorrect application by the instructions or by learning the types of qigong that do not match the body, especially learning the self made kind of qigong which has not been proven over time."

(From the website originally posted.)

A Monk once told me something to this effect- that if the teacher does not understand properly or is teaching improperly- that moving the qi incorrectly can cause serious health issues and be all around dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by kristcaldwell View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I know there are plenty of nuts in Christianity that believe anything associated with "the east" is evil, but am I the only one who picked up on the fact that he's espousing theories from some form of Islam? He also states that it was a Sheikh that healed him, and mentions methods "in strict conformance to the Islamic Sharia."

I may be opening a can of worms, but Christianity has been a pretty popular punching bag with some of the forum members; perhaps a little work on reading comprehesion is needed?
    Yeah, sorry, I did actually READ the thing and it was about Islam.

But I grew up amongst Christians, and I forgot when I started to post that about Tyke-won-do and Satanism that my own parents thought that if I took Kung Fu I'd turn into some sort of 'satanic occultist' in their words... LOL I couldn't do it until I left home.

I wonder what Islam thinks about CMA and Buddhism / etc. Probably not too kindly if they'd try to exorcise some guy who did Shaolin.

If only we could all get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    "Qigong can cause serious damages from incorrect application by the instructions or by learning the types of qigong that do not match the body, especially learning the self made kind of qigong which has not been proven over time."

(From the website originally posted.)

A Monk once told me something to this effect- that if the teacher does not understand properly or is teaching improperly- that moving the qi incorrectly can cause serious health issues and be all around dangerous.
    yeah, they love to promote this whole perspective that somehow qigong is totally seperate from any other sort of movement art, and that when taught incorrectly, it will kill u;

well guess what - if u teach / do yoga, weightlifting, Pilates or ANY activity that can impact the body incorrectly you can cause injury - so just use common sense - don't strain urself, don't try things u feel uncomfortable with, pay attention to ur body, etc. - if u pay attention, u r not going to hurt urself w qigong unless u r a total dullard - it's not just going to cause ur brain to spontaneously combust or anything - but if u try some of the more intense breathing stuff, where u r doing "holds" of multiple inhales while bending all the way forward at the waist like some of them, ok, sure, u can have some autonomic effects and cause ur BP to spike or drop, depending; actually, this is probably what they r talking about more than anything, beause the autonomic nervous system is impacted by breath work, visualization, etc., and u can have rapid BP changes - back in the old days, this might have been seen and misunderstood for what it really is - who knows; anyway, don't get too wrapped up in the hype - use common sense, take it slow, pay attention to ur body's responses, etc.; inherently, there's no more risk than from doing yoga, especially any sort of pranayama practice, which is very similar; certainly, working with a knowledgable teacher is important as well, but most of it if u just use ur intelligence to guide u, u'll b ok